Avon

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Found 88 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,725 reviews

Time Management and Productive with a positive attitude

The typical day at work was dealing with customers explaining the quality of the products like perfumes, make up, jewelries, clothes, shoes etc. I learned that patience, and communications is very important when dealing with your clients or customers. Time management is important especially when you deliver the products to the customers house to house. I work in my home that helped me very comfortable and easy to manage my time. The hardest part of the job when you made mistakes to the order or the customer is not satisfied and want to return the product. Most enjoyable part of my job when I sold over 22,000 in 12 months that's when I rewarded for 40% commission in every product.

Pros

40% commission

Stay away

I don't have anything positive to say about this company. Worst working experience.No opportunities for advancement, no benefits at all. You don't feel appreciated.

Pros

Cons

Bad hours, stressful environment, no appreciation, no advancement, no benefits

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Paid for 40 hours per week but usually worked about 80. I was a District Manager who continuously met and usually exceeded KPI's. Unfortunately management is well known for their derogatory insinuations and intimidation. You were always only as good as your last campaign and they made sure you knew that. A very secretive culture where people went behind your back and managers were not respected. All that being said, the company vehicle and gas card were wonderful perks and most of the people-excluding top management-were fun to work with. I certainly learned a lot about leadership and coaching. As stated, the hardest part of the job was dealing people who refused to take any responsibility for any failures of the company and refused to listen to those on the front lines.

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect

Enjoy working from home

Excellent company to learn how to use social media and net-working from. The whole process of work is leadership and building/connecting with others, in the comfort of your own home.

Self-Employment in Beauty Products

Avon is a top Canadian Cosmetics Company. They offer Full training in Sales with a Mentor. Slogan--It's all the client. Beauty Products sell themselves. brochures

Pros

Flexibility, meet interesting people

Cons

This job is meant to be a side- hustle

your not going to make money unless you have a large social group of people

There is not much support for this at home business. The discount for you as a sales person is great, but I found I was putting more money into running my business than I ever made.

I love to work independantly and I love the flexibility of working from my home office.

Typically, I check my email first thing in the morning to see if there are any customer orders to be submitted. Then I make calls to any clients I have deliveries for and arrange to deliver or I leave a message so they can call me at their earliest convenience. My least favorite part of the job is trying to get ahold of customers to arrange delivery of their orders. A lot of them have the belief that if they're not in a hurry for it, it can wait so they won't call back. They don't realize that when I submit their order to Avon Canada, I am expected to pay the bill a week later. That means if I don't collect from the customer, the payment comes out of my pocket until they decide to call me back. That isn't always easy to do. I love that I can start my day when I am ready or delay it and even take a day off now and then if I have an appointment and it doesn't affect anyone but me. I work around my daily life

Great Customer Service is key to keep their business going

I found out very quickly that to be successful in this business you have to put in a lot of work, more than the average 9-5 type of day. A lot of the work had to be done after hours and on weekends, especially when delivering orders and collecting payments.

Nice place to work for a well known company.

Great company to work for but it was many years ago in Quebec. Clean environment , good staff . made carton for shipping products, check quality of product on conveyor , package. Learned time management, what to look for before packaging, learned to work in a team of varied cultures. Work is not difficult and is varied so not boring. Salary is current and equal to the employment position.

Jobs at Avon

See more jobs

Leader

You have to be able to approach people to make a sale . Sometime even door to door , or just drop the catalog at the door. If you are shy this job is not for you.

provide for pickers

up to beat and very exciting. learned a lot. high turnover rate but job is light and not too difficult. sometimes it gets intense but you can manage it. push you to your limits and you get growth

Flexible work opportunities

This career allowed me to be a single Mom and still work around my girls as they were growing up. We were offered ongoing training opportunities, and the ability to travel.

Work in your convenient time.

I have been working in Avon for almost 15 years and I love it not only their products and the people the you meet every day to introduced all the amazing products of Avon. This company allows you to become independent and gives you all the opportunity to achieved your goals to become a successful Independent sales representative, by giving you all the training that you need. And most of all you work at home in your convenient time.

Pros

more incentives

Cons

Your income depends on your sales

stressful

it was difficult working this job, only did it because I was yet to find my feet in a new country, doesn't pay the bills and you work like your life depends on it but might not get paid if your rep miss payment deadline

Great Work From Home Company

I love how thins company allows you to grow at your own pace, and allows you to still ahve a full time job outside the home it you wish. You are the boss. You bilud your team no set timelimes..

Supportive and pushed me to a better version of myself

I loved working for Avon. I could fit it around my life, I got out of it what I put in and I got to experience the enjoyment a sisterhood of women that had my back.

Pros

Internal Community, regional meetings, supportive, flexible

Cons

No guarenteed income unless you really went out of your way.

Passionate and dedicated employees

Working at Avon Cosmetics Inc. taught me to never settle for anything less than the best. Avon employees take pride is giving their 200% in everything, even for something as simple as team birthday parties.

Nice people and exciting environment.

Very nice people and good quality products. The ability to be your own boss. Avon is a good part-time job to earn extra income. The people have positive attitudes about business.

interesting work

No day was ever the same, cold calling and recruiting were a large part of the job as well as following up on existing sales representatives. The hardest part of the job was the constant recruitment needed

Pros

company car

Cons

not a good job work/life balance

Salary is below the market average, job security is good. however management is so so. job culture is so so. it just stick with the traditional product.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K