Avon logo

Clear
Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

Found 47 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,701 reviews

Avon you are your on W Boss-all your income is by commission- you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies and Perks, points and incentives

you are your own Boss-all your income is by commission-no minimum wage; and you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies. If you are good at finding customers, and more orders are placed the better for you

TL is a bully nd Management is rotten

Team lead spend most of his time calling me names like "Annoying" and "hateful" even though I never spoke to any coworkers on the floor.Management is never available when you need them. Neither is the help desk. you're not allowed to use the washroom outside of your break times for more than 10 minutes a week. But you're also not allowed a day off if you're sick. they make it impossible to feel safe and the team leads often just appear over your shoulder with no warning. Their overall scoring basis is ridiculous and is the exact opposite of what your trainer teaches you. the salary is very low and you are forced to overtime every night because they are unable to keep enough employees on the floor.High turnover, not necessarily firings, but most agents quit two days after training ends and they go on the floor.

Pros

good discount on products

Cons

forced uncompensated overtime, Team lead is a bully, Management is ignorant

Stay away

I don't have anything positive to say about this company. Worst working experience.No opportunities for advancement, no benefits at all. You don't feel appreciated.

Pros

Cons

Bad hours, stressful environment, no appreciation, no advancement, no benefits

Pas payant

Tu te démènes pour un revenu d'environ 3000$ par année.

Pros

Rabais produits

Cons

Revenus trop bas

At Avon you're a nobody

Don't work here if you value your self-esteem. Employees are dispensable. They forfitted yearly salary increase last year. No one recieved a "cost of living" increase. You do what you're told or you have a meeting to let you know if otherwise !!! Save yourself time and apply anywhere else,

productive , client-centered support, fun workplace

professionnally, I am independent sale representative. i advertised avon product to a presume customer through a social media. i buy for the interested customer and send to them. the salary is base to an amount of product sell

Pros

relax home based work

Cons

salary is not stable

Nice place to work for a well known company.

Great company to work for but it was many years ago in Quebec. Clean environment , good staff . made carton for shipping products, check quality of product on conveyor , package. Learned time management, what to look for before packaging, learned to work in a team of varied cultures. Work is not difficult and is varied so not boring. Salary is current and equal to the employment position.

As a Customer Sales Work at Home Rep-Selling Door to door or by referrals

As a Customer Sales Work at Home-Self employed from 1989 to 2013. Rep-Selling Door to door or by referrals. Avons orders were processed every 2 weeks; Products & company owned by Avon Canada-Montreal QC; Canada. One of the world's largest Wholesale direct distributors-representing Brand name products, clothes, jewellery, house hold products, etc. My salary depended on how many customer sales-in a given 2 week period-as orders were due. Shipments came within 1 week. Most of the sales I collected at the door or cash on delivery, some by credit card or approved personal cheques. Now most of Avon business is on Line www.avon.ca Great people managers to work with; lots of gifts, prizes for just attending meetings, or for good Sales achievements! I left as I got a demanding Customer Service position-

Pros

Great products, a Catalogue which shows many products-good prices

Cons

Was too tempting to for reps to buy products themselves-so profit-was easy to lose take home income!

stressful

it was difficult working this job, only did it because I was yet to find my feet in a new country, doesn't pay the bills and you work like your life depends on it but might not get paid if your rep miss payment deadline

Don't think about working there long term

Avon is unfortunately a company in decline therefore many people are losing their job. The commissions structure is bad and targets are impossible to achieve. Too much focus on recruiting new rep. Can be a good work experience but on a short term basis only.

Pros

Great discount on products, great benefits, good salary

Cons

Commissions structure is bad, management isn't good, company in decline

Jobs at Avon

See more jobs

part time

You can organize your customers and hours. Need to review new products. Order samples. Get to work with different products every month. Travel to shows and set up display products.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

salary

Great

Fun place!, Great place to learn and meet people. Benefits are for employees. I was a sales dealer. My friends at the place had great career advancement opportunities

Nice people and exciting environment.

Very nice people and good quality products. The ability to be your own boss. Avon is a good part-time job to earn extra income. The people have positive attitudes about business.

not a good job work/life balance

Salary is below the market average, job security is good. however management is so so. job culture is so so. it just stick with the traditional product.

an easy job with many benefits

Avon was based off commission, although it was easy to do from home and there was potential to make a lot of money i did not stay in it for long because i had a job offer els wear

travail agréable

Brochures (étampage et distribution),prise de commandes, factures, emballage des commandes et livraisons. J'ai beaucoup appris dans ce domaine. Développer une clientèle, calculer les pourcentages et les profits, le service à la clientèle et la persévérance, car cela demande du temps et de la persévérance pour développer une clientèle. Beaucoup de porte à porte pour se présenter et donner des échantillons ainsi que des catalogues, se faire connaître. En ce qui concerne la gérance, les gérantes sont toujours là pour nous aider en cas de besoin. Il y a les réunions qu'elles nous offres, sans obligation mais auxquelles il est bon d'assister et qui nous donne des trucs de ventes. Je dirais que globalement, tout est agréable dans cet emploi, sauf deux choses. Passez les catalogues en plein hiver lorsqu'il fait très froid, ce n'est pas très agréable. La deuxième chose, c'est le salaire. Il faudrait vraiment faire énormément de ventes pour espérer faire un bon salaire et pourtant j'ai beaucoup de clientes mais cela n'est pas suffisant. Pour ce qui est du reste, tout est vraiment bien. C'est un travail agréable.

Pros

La majorité de l'ensemble

Cons

Le salaire et passer les catalogues en hiver

Home based business allows flexibility

There are many perks with being your own boss. Avon allows this for any individual looking to add extra income into their lifestyle. The more you put into your business, the more benefits you will reap.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Income is based on how much your customers purchase

low pay high stress

Low pay, high demand, high turn over, disconnect with upper management and lower management. reps cant make enough money to stay. no job security, high turn over rate

Pros

car, gas

Cons

high stress, high demand, low pay, low bonus and comissions

Working from home is always fun.

I love working with Avon but I also love working with people. I like how I can work anywhere I go when I am with Avon. Over all love what I do. Avon has given me so much opportunity with my family, hours, wage and schedule to be home for my child.

Pros

Free to be with my family

Cons

Need a more stable wage and hours at a go in to work type of job

My view

Loved Avon proud to have worked with Avon. Worked with rockstar experienced District Sales Managers learned alot. Loved the quarterly team meetings and learning. Must have tenacity for job and willing to put in hours to make your district numbers.

Pros

car, travel, worked from home, bonuses were good. pension plan.

Cons

long hours put in to make district numbers

self directed cosmetic company

typical day at work involved beauty makeovers and manicures, product demonstrations, some bridal groups, driving long distances, and good knowledge of skincare. I learned a great deal about sales in this job and self-management. The workplace culture is affable and people generally enjoy the demonstrations and participate and ask many questions. The most difficult part of the job is recruiting. The most enjoyable part of the job is being independent.

Pros

self directed independent

Cons

salary fluctuations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K