Avon

Avon Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.4Job security & advancement

Found 55 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,725 reviews

Great work from home company

I joined Avon in March of 2020. There are many opportunities for advancement. It requires your time and effort. You are not obligated to spend money. They offer a free online store so customers can order online and no cost to us, the representatives. Since the time I've joined I have advanced to Gold tier and I'm a unit leader and almost at President's Club. As a Unit Leader I get a percentage of the sales of my team. You can make an incredible amount of money if you invest your time but, it doesn't mean you work 12 hours a day everyday. I put in about 2 hours every day in following up with my team and social media posts and webinars to help me advance. It's a great company to work for.

Pros

Work your own hours

Stay away

I don't have anything positive to say about this company. Worst working experience.No opportunities for advancement, no benefits at all. You don't feel appreciated.

Pros

Cons

Bad hours, stressful environment, no appreciation, no advancement, no benefits

You and your family come last.

Poor upper management. Pull promotions from under you with false excuse. Waste of time. 60% of managers were on stress leave. Like to keep the ones who know little cause they are Fear based management.

Enjoy working from home

Excellent company to learn how to use social media and net-working from. The whole process of work is leadership and building/connecting with others, in the comfort of your own home.

Very beneficial for people who likes to work a lot.

It is beneficial for people who want to start learning how to run a business and hands on experience but not for people who want to earn money in any way. Its for people who has just a new experience towards getting started in a job marketplace.

Self-Employment in Beauty Products

Avon is a top Canadian Cosmetics Company. They offer Full training in Sales with a Mentor. Slogan--It's all the client. Beauty Products sell themselves. brochures

Pros

Flexibility, meet interesting people

Cons

This job is meant to be a side- hustle

Nice place to work for a well known company.

Great company to work for but it was many years ago in Quebec. Clean environment , good staff . made carton for shipping products, check quality of product on conveyor , package. Learned time management, what to look for before packaging, learned to work in a team of varied cultures. Work is not difficult and is varied so not boring. Salary is current and equal to the employment position.

Flexible work opportunities

This career allowed me to be a single Mom and still work around my girls as they were growing up. We were offered ongoing training opportunities, and the ability to travel.

Big sisterhood

Was an amazing place to work very fast paced. Learned a lot and great training. Until they decided change everything then it went down hill. and long days.

Travaillé et productions

J'ai appris à travaillé en équipe je travaillais de 7.15 à 3.15 je rentrais les commandes des représentantes sur internet c'était des gens qui ne savait pas comment faire sur internet . J'ai aimé travaillé pour ses gens ils m'ont appris beaucoup.

Jobs at Avon

See more jobs

One star is too much.

Poor management. The training offered by head office was nothing short of brainwashing, a lobotomy in Avon culture if you will. Looking back, the words "legalized cult" come to mind when I think: AVON. Still can't believe I lasted a month before I called it quits.

Pros

Company car, free trip to Montreal, gas card

Cons

Avon

Great work life balance.

What I have learned in working with Avon. We work with Women and a few good men. You can build a career. We also offer many different options that would fit any life style. The training with Avon is fabulous. They provide marketing and other sales tools to help you build your business on line. The most enjoyable part of the business is helping people and families. We are helping with creating their children's education funds, dance class, car payments mortgage's, helping put food on the table and assisting people with their retirement plans.

Selling Avon

It was a great experience to enhance my social connections, to enhance social supports and resources in my community. I would definitely recommend this as an interesting beginning career for any ambitious entrepreneur

Great Work From Home Company

I love how thins company allows you to grow at your own pace, and allows you to still ahve a full time job outside the home it you wish. You are the boss. You bilud your team no set timelimes..

Great

Fun place!, Great place to learn and meet people. Benefits are for employees. I was a sales dealer. My friends at the place had great career advancement opportunities

Great people, limited on resources.

Working at Avon provides the opportunity to test your time management skills as year over year it is transforming into a VERY lean organization. Execution of tasks and projects in due time is challenged by technical limitations as the company does not invest in improving the technological platform.

Pros

Dynamic work environment with a go ahead mentality

Cons

Contradicted by outdated systems.

avon

Another wonderful company that I have had a great experience with. I enjoyed meeting new people going from door to door. I never once was turned away.

not a good job work/life balance

Salary is below the market average, job security is good. however management is so so. job culture is so so. it just stick with the traditional product.

Good for experience, not carrer

Cost cutting environment, good for building experience. Revenue decline, so no room to move up, and management seems to be content with status quo. Very frustrating when new ideas are pitched, since no money to update the model or changes in way we operate.

Pros

Great coworkers, Very positive environment

Cons

Slow moving management, company in decline

travail agréable

Brochures (étampage et distribution),prise de commandes, factures, emballage des commandes et livraisons. J'ai beaucoup appris dans ce domaine. Développer une clientèle, calculer les pourcentages et les profits, le service à la clientèle et la persévérance, car cela demande du temps et de la persévérance pour développer une clientèle. Beaucoup de porte à porte pour se présenter et donner des échantillons ainsi que des catalogues, se faire connaître. En ce qui concerne la gérance, les gérantes sont toujours là pour nous aider en cas de besoin. Il y a les réunions qu'elles nous offres, sans obligation mais auxquelles il est bon d'assister et qui nous donne des trucs de ventes. Je dirais que globalement, tout est agréable dans cet emploi, sauf deux choses. Passez les catalogues en plein hiver lorsqu'il fait très froid, ce n'est pas très agréable. La deuxième chose, c'est le salaire. Il faudrait vraiment faire énormément de ventes pour espérer faire un bon salaire et pourtant j'ai beaucoup de clientes mais cela n'est pas suffisant. Pour ce qui est du reste, tout est vraiment bien. C'est un travail agréable.

Pros

La majorité de l'ensemble

Cons

Le salaire et passer les catalogues en hiver

low pay high stress

Low pay, high demand, high turn over, disconnect with upper management and lower management. reps cant make enough money to stay. no job security, high turn over rate

Pros

car, gas

Cons

high stress, high demand, low pay, low bonus and comissions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K