Avon

Avon Culture reviews

Clear

Found 48 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,725 reviews

Very Comfortable

It was an excellent opportunity. You get to meet your targets the best way you can without being put under pressure of any kind. As you meet people your target market increases. So for me it was fun all the way

Très bonne ambiance de travail

J'ai bien aimé être conseillère chez Avon, et bâtir ma propre clientèle j'en ai retiré une satisfaction et me suis senti utile de rendre service , et ça correspondait à mon besoin d'entrer en contact avec les gens

Pros

Être autonome, laisse place à l'initiative

Cons

Y en a pas

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Paid for 40 hours per week but usually worked about 80. I was a District Manager who continuously met and usually exceeded KPI's. Unfortunately management is well known for their derogatory insinuations and intimidation. You were always only as good as your last campaign and they made sure you knew that. A very secretive culture where people went behind your back and managers were not respected. All that being said, the company vehicle and gas card were wonderful perks and most of the people-excluding top management-were fun to work with. I certainly learned a lot about leadership and coaching. As stated, the hardest part of the job was dealing people who refused to take any responsibility for any failures of the company and refused to listen to those on the front lines.

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect

Ambiance de travail agréable mais beaucoup de pression

Belle compagnie, mon expérience a été très positive.

Nice place to work for a well known company.

Great company to work for but it was many years ago in Quebec. Clean environment , good staff . made carton for shipping products, check quality of product on conveyor , package. Learned time management, what to look for before packaging, learned to work in a team of varied cultures. Work is not difficult and is varied so not boring. Salary is current and equal to the employment position.

fun place

hard sometimes but always full staffed. people are helpful and you will certainly enjoy the position. i had some great times there. was really fun. have fun.

Management seems to be more interested in reports than sales and service

Culture is not great, the hardest part of the job is reaching representatives to actually offer training during 9 to 5. Most people are available in the evening and constantly changing their appointments with you.

Pros

Nice office cubical

Cons

poor management

Travaillé et productions

J'ai appris à travaillé en équipe je travaillais de 7.15 à 3.15 je rentrais les commandes des représentantes sur internet c'était des gens qui ne savait pas comment faire sur internet . J'ai aimé travaillé pour ses gens ils m'ont appris beaucoup.

One star is too much.

Poor management. The training offered by head office was nothing short of brainwashing, a lobotomy in Avon culture if you will. Looking back, the words "legalized cult" come to mind when I think: AVON. Still can't believe I lasted a month before I called it quits.

Pros

Company car, free trip to Montreal, gas card

Cons

Avon

Jobs at Avon

See more jobs

Equipo de trabajo dinamico y agradable.

Ser parte de esta compañía fue muy agradable ya que tengo una pasión enorme por el maquillaje y cosméticos. Fue un trabajo a tiempo parcial ya que seguía estudiando.

working with Avon was fun, and has been a great way for me to gain sales field training.

A typical day at work was more then a pleasure. I learned great communication skills that involved interactions hand on hand with clients involving meeting there needs in sales. I had training in the field also. I became top bronze on my team and it was because I sold many merchandise from the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was me being able to be a part of the industry in sales. Also interactions with people made my day to be more motivated to gain the drive motivation brings witch is the deliverance of more energy and me being more enthusiastic, leading me to creativity and making money in my own field in sales.

Pros

Deals you cant believe

Great

Fun place!, Great place to learn and meet people. Benefits are for employees. I was a sales dealer. My friends at the place had great career advancement opportunities

Permanent crisis mode

Company underperforms all the time which puts additional pressure to change things around causing internal crisis everyday. Culture of finger pointing Poor systems and structure

Pros

You become creative and pragmatic

Cons

Terrible work climate

As a sales representative, you are your own company

I learned what it takes to be a sales person. I also learned how to recruit and be part of the managerial team. Theory and practice is not always the same. I learned a lot about myself, on what I am capable of doing and enjoying learning. The hardest part of my job was getting the sales. I had all of the theory done packed but the numbers were not to my satisfaction. I enjoyed setting up and doing the sales meetings in both English and French. I loved showing new recruits the ropes and encouraging them and helping them along their journey.

Pros

It's all up to you. You are your own boss.

Cons

Although I loved the job, it was not paying the bills.

avon

Another wonderful company that I have had a great experience with. I enjoyed meeting new people going from door to door. I never once was turned away.

You need to drink the Koolaid

I found the culture to be much like high school. There are the popular girls and the not so popular ones. You were either on the inside or the outside. The training was bazaar. We had to approach strangers in parking lots to recruit Avon representatives. It was very uncomfortable and desperate. Not my style at all.

Pros

Gifts were offered at meetings.

Cons

Desparate sales tactics.

not a good job work/life balance

Salary is below the market average, job security is good. however management is so so. job culture is so so. it just stick with the traditional product.

Productive Environment

Productive environment and helpful colleagues. Fun place to work in, a new challenge every day. Everyone speaks English and French. understanding management

travail agréable

Brochures (étampage et distribution),prise de commandes, factures, emballage des commandes et livraisons. J'ai beaucoup appris dans ce domaine. Développer une clientèle, calculer les pourcentages et les profits, le service à la clientèle et la persévérance, car cela demande du temps et de la persévérance pour développer une clientèle. Beaucoup de porte à porte pour se présenter et donner des échantillons ainsi que des catalogues, se faire connaître. En ce qui concerne la gérance, les gérantes sont toujours là pour nous aider en cas de besoin. Il y a les réunions qu'elles nous offres, sans obligation mais auxquelles il est bon d'assister et qui nous donne des trucs de ventes. Je dirais que globalement, tout est agréable dans cet emploi, sauf deux choses. Passez les catalogues en plein hiver lorsqu'il fait très froid, ce n'est pas très agréable. La deuxième chose, c'est le salaire. Il faudrait vraiment faire énormément de ventes pour espérer faire un bon salaire et pourtant j'ai beaucoup de clientes mais cela n'est pas suffisant. Pour ce qui est du reste, tout est vraiment bien. C'est un travail agréable.

Pros

La majorité de l'ensemble

Cons

Le salaire et passer les catalogues en hiver

nice

it was nice, i enjoyed working there but yeah nothing much to say other then it was nice and an enjoyable workplace but no compliments, its been awhile dont know how it is now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K