Avon logo
Happiness score is 58 out of 100Below average

Avon Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 61 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,709 reviews

Self-Employment in Beauty Products

Avon is a top Canadian Cosmetics Company. They offer Full training in Sales with a Mentor. Slogan--It's all the client. Beauty Products sell themselves. brochures

Pros

Flexibility, meet interesting people

Cons

This job is meant to be a side- hustle

Fun place to work and I'm my own boss

A typical day would be dress up fashionably and with Avon makeup on for sure and hand out brochures to potential clients even if it means banging on doors I learned how to work by myself and be independent. Time management is key. If you have other things you have to put in the hours to get results and not be lazy. The hardest part of the job is when I get all my Avon orders for clients by UPS I have to unpack, sort, put them in bags and write up receipts. Or if a customer wants to return or exchange an item then I have to do an RMA and pay $5 out of my own pocket to return/exchange the item. The most enjoyable part is meeting new women from all walks of life and using and wearing their products.

Pros

Free products, a chance to move up in the company when you have more recruits who remain active.

Cons

It is not easy to find good recruits and doing returns.

good experience

I enjoyed my time working here but it was short as I was on contract. I have not worked here in some time and cannot vouch as to how the current work environment is.

Self employed

This was a great way to make some extra cash, fast and easy! Very convenient because you can pick when you want to work and be devoted to your tasks! Great learning experience aswell

Good experience

An amazing company with amazing products. It was my first experience doing an online business from home. I had fun doing online selling and making clients.

Pros

Awesome products at great prices.

Cons

Consistency & hardwork. Lots of competition

Good work life balance

Good work life balance. Money made depends on how much/hard you work. Best for someone just supplementing income. Support system is okay, although I didn't hear from the person who recruited me.

Pros

Great products and pricing for reps

Cons

Not enough income to be made.

Products

Good products to choose from. Mostly for ladies. Some men products. Great for gifts for hard to get people. All ways on trends and new stuff. Shipping is awesome

friendly people to work with

A typical day at work, was talking to customers , showing them the new products that we have to offer , also went too the customers house to drop off the products they had purched the campagn before and while we were there we would hand out the next campaign., I had learned by working for Avon more Self confidence I enjoyed talking to new customers and learning everything I could about the sales industry the most enjoyable part was hosting the avon parties and seeing all the ladys so ppy

Cons

some ladies hard to deal with

Friendly customer service

Great company to work for, lots of support, great team support, the only downfall is that it is commissioned based only.

Avery easy and productive work.

I learned customer service. To tolerate customers and always agree that the customer is right. I also achieve negotiation and persuasive skills.

Pros

Free products

Cons

High interest rate

Worked alone

Taking peoples personal orders on a number of products Balancing money, invoices and checks It was nice seeing all of the products before other customers did I had to stop selling Avon because I wasn't making any money at it

Pros

All the neat new products

Cons

Working alone

Good Experience

I just started selling Avon as a past time for me. It was never about the money, its was just something to do while I was home with kids.

Pros

get discounts on products, get to interact with a lot of money, shows you what its like to run your own job at your own pace. I learned a lot from selling avon.

Cons

you don't make a whole lot of money unless you you want to be a leader.

Avon

It was not the best place to be you only get paid on commission. Its hard to get people to pay or to get a hold of them to receive their products ...

Walking Handing out books

Fun to work for make extra cash good products great prices great support team easy website and easy to work for good place to work from home great samples

Work your own hours

Good place to work, flexible hours, work at own pace. You are able to set up your own clientele for repeat sales and can develop your own ability to push sales further and further each time.

typical day

you work from home so its not really any different from being home on a regular day. Although sometime you have to go around your block and see if anyone would like for you to be their representative, you give them a brochure, they tell you what you want. When you start this job you get a bunch of forms ad instructions about what to do.

Being My Own Boss Has Benefits

A typical day with my Avon business means lots of time at the desk, whether it be typing emails, creating marketing for social media, or phone calls. On 'good weather' days, I like to go out and get the attention of would-be Avon shoppers and sellers. It is easy and fun to let people know about my business, and the fact that I can help them be in business too. I have learned, since being a Leader/Trainer, that I cannot assume that representatives will automatically know or like everything, and that my job with them goes deeper than just coaching at the beginning - which helps me build my own character in the process. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the Freedom to do public tables while wearing a pink wig, or to attend networking events all dressed in pink, to have in-home parties and of course my social media pages are addictive!

sales person

sell product and introduce promotions, find a new customers every day

Just to meet people

Did this for meeting new people. Made no real money doing this as I was not in it for the money. Enjoyed the taking of orders and delivering them, to meet my customers.

Pros

Meeting new people

Sales Representative

Self employed sales representative. Taking orders from customers either on the phone or through email. Placing orders online. Receiving orders. Organizing orders and then delivering them to the customer.

Pros

work on your own time

Met lots of new people

I enjoyed working for Avon because I got the opportunity to met new people

Pros

got to be my own boss

Cons

long hours in the cold

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K