Avon

Avon Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Avon is a top Canadian Cosmetics Company. They offer Full training in Sales with a Mentor. Slogan--It's all the client. Beauty Products sell themselves. brochures
Pros
Flexibility, meet interesting people
Cons
This job is meant to be a side- hustle
There is not much support for this at home business. The discount for you as a sales person is great, but I found I was putting more money into running my business than I ever made.
It was an excellent opportunity. You get to meet your targets the best way you can without being put under pressure of any kind. As you meet people your target market increases. So for me it was fun all the way
most of the time we were building some cliental .. once you had customers they usualy would call you 2 a month and they woudl order you woudl put there order in and deliver to there house , it was a easy job once you got to know your customers and got a cliental base.
I have been working in Avon for almost 15 years and I love it not only their products and the people the you meet every day to introduced all the amazing products of Avon. This company allows you to become independent and gives you all the opportunity to achieved your goals to become a successful Independent sales representative, by giving you all the training that you need. And most of all you work at home in your convenient time.
Pros
more incentives
Cons
Your income depends on your sales
Love all their products. They have great products that every customer loves. There is no need to worry about anything when purchasing because the representative does it for you.
Pros
Amazing Products!
Cons
Work 24/7
A typical day at work was more then a pleasure. I learned great communication skills that involved interactions hand on hand with clients involving meeting there needs in sales. I had training in the field also. I became top bronze on my team and it was because I sold many merchandise from the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was me being able to be a part of the industry in sales. Also interactions with people made my day to be more motivated to gain the drive motivation brings witch is the deliverance of more energy and me being more enthusiastic, leading me to creativity and making money in my own field in sales.
Pros
Deals you cant believe
Cons
everything about avon is good great management great products great catalogs. they really support the reps and want them to do well. the products sell themselves.
Pros
free gifts
Cons
you need to apply yourself
You can organize your customers and hours. Need to review new products. Order samples. Get to work with different products every month. Travel to shows and set up display products.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
salary
Being able to handle all my marketing, advertising and customer relations is amazing. I loved being in control and working for myself. I loved the challenge of finding more customers through various methods and interacting with them. -
This job teaches you how to work autonomously. You are in charge of running your own little business as it is your duty to build clientele, take their orders, place the orders and ship out the products once they have arrived. It is also necessary to provide an excellent customer service experience as that is what will allow you to maintain a high amount of sales and generate high profits.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
need to build clientele to make money
I worked around my children, I got to meet many new people, placed order online then delivered the order. helped with any problems. I carried my books everywhere i went, schools, dance class for my Daughter. Good conversations, good repeat clients. Who doesn't like Avon.
Pros
Relaxed inviroment
Cons
stoped when my mother was killed
sales of makeup products management is flexible hours on your own time door to door handing out campaigns interact with many customers learned to sell products
I loved working for Avon. I could fit it around my life, I got out of it what I put in and I got to experience the enjoyment a sisterhood of women that had my back.
Pros
Internal Community, regional meetings, supportive, flexible
Cons
No guarenteed income unless you really went out of your way.
I learned what it takes to be a sales person. I also learned how to recruit and be part of the managerial team. Theory and practice is not always the same. I learned a lot about myself, on what I am capable of doing and enjoying learning. The hardest part of my job was getting the sales. I had all of the theory done packed but the numbers were not to my satisfaction. I enjoyed setting up and doing the sales meetings in both English and French. I loved showing new recruits the ropes and encouraging them and helping them along their journey.
Pros
It's all up to you. You are your own boss.
Cons
Although I loved the job, it was not paying the bills.
My typical day would start by taking books to customers and picking up order and writing out there receipts for the products that they wanted to order for themselves. I needed to put their order in the data base for Avon and wait for the products to get delivered to me. When I received the products I then needed to sort them into the correct client s bag and put their total on it. I then arranged to meet and drop off their order and received their money and pay the bill.
Pros
Meeting new people in the community
Cons
It was busy with putting in the orders every two weeks.
Another wonderful company that I have had a great experience with. I enjoyed meeting new people going from door to door. I never once was turned away.
Avon was based off commission, although it was easy to do from home and there was potential to make a lot of money i did not stay in it for long because i had a job offer els wear
it was nice, i enjoyed working there but yeah nothing much to say other then it was nice and an enjoyable workplace but no compliments, its been awhile dont know how it is now.
It is simply impossible to make a living through Avon. You have to chase customers in order to make any sales and most often the sales get returned so you do not make much money.
it was good enviorment to meet different people and get out there but when it came to payment what was promised was deffintly not the truth you coudlnt make much money on it . but it taught me sales it taught ma a lot of skills . it had its advantages but it also had its disvantages over all it was not a bad place too work.
  1. Sales Representative