Avon logo
Avon

Avon Employee Reviews for Independent Representative

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,709 reviews

Avon Representivie

I had experience for 28 years with Avon, Great to meets the customer, friends, give the Avon cataguloues , samples, order Items and delivery. I am glad They love it

At a time when opportunities are scarce and finances are tight, you can start an AVON business and EMPOWER your life.

You have your own business You set your own hours You determine your family/work/lifestyle balance Minimum start up investment No inventory required Exclusive Avon Opportunities

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Little Security

Not my first choice of jobs

I wish there wasn't so many hidden fees, etc so you had a chance to make money.

Pros

Samples, Freedom

Cons

Hidden Fees, Slow Delivery

A great job for a little extra spending money

A typical day working with Avon includes contacting existing customers, and hunting for new leads, processing orders, and making certain that your current invoices are up to date. Customer refunds are processed, and all complaints and questions are answered by the sales rep.I learned a great deal about time and self management, as well as skin care and assorted other products that the company sells.While there is a management team in place, the individual reps are expected to manage themselves. This is not a job that includes co-workers.The hardest part of the job is diffusing angry customers who did not receive a product they had ordered, either due to a back log on the item, or the item advertised being discontinued. At this time, it's easy for a rep to take the full blame for a situation that is out of her control. In order to keep in the customer's good graces, a number of solutions and sacrifices must be made on the part of the rep, with no compensation from the company.The most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing customer satisfaction. Knowing that you've helped a customer find a product they love is very, very rewarding.

Pros

work at your own pace, from home

Cons

unstable income

Was a great experience

Worked well for me in the summer. I like being my own boss. Had a small opportunity to network. Was a fairly easy job.

Productive, fun

Great company to work for, has its ups and downs because you are your own worker, but i would do it again in a heart beat. You set your own hours which is nice. The managers and leaders are fantastic they are so energetic and eager to help you with anything you need. I love working with people and you are always meeting new people with Avon.

Work From Home!

I have been selling Avon for the last year to suppplement my income. I really enjoy it, as I work at my own pace and you really get out of it what you put in. My DM is always available when I need her, as well as other Reps if I feel that I am having a difficult time. As a part-time career, you really get to set it aside to focus on achieving work/life balance. The hardest part is constantly keeping my name out there, bringing in new clientele, because I can be very shy, however I feel the best sense of satisfaction when I am able to come through for those clients who have allergies, or experience skin sensitivity, or those who really just want my honest opinion and it turns out for the best!

Pros

set your own hours, work from home

Cons

involves a lot of brand selling.

Jobs at Avon