Avon Employee Reviews for Independent Representative

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 5,661 reviews
Home based business allows flexibility
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON4 November 2017
There are many perks with being your own boss. Avon allows this for any individual looking to add extra income into their lifestyle. The more you put into your business, the more benefits you will reap.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Income is based on how much your customers purchase
Fun but hard work
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON23 June 2017
Having most people spend money online now, sales have gotten harder. It is not impossible but not like it used to be. Products are awesome and brings a nice sense of accomplishment
Pros
samples
Cons
hard
Direct Marketing
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2017
Standard Direct marketing. Your success and results are up to what you are willing to put into it. Overall no better or worse than similar direct sales companys
Pros
Discounted Products
Cons
A lot of work if you want to make real money
the income is little
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CA1 November 2016
There is nothing particular for the work. Do it in your pace. Income is how much we work. I am not happy because it is door to door canvasing and i didnt have lots of customer to build the business
Opportunities Abound for Hard Workers at Avon Canada
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON30 October 2016
Becoming a Sales Representative with Avon Canada has been an amazing experience, and my confidence in sales and leadership continues to grow. During each year I have been with Avon Canada, I have met or exceeded my sales targets, promoted up the Leadership ladder, and experienced great personal growth.
I have met the sales targets in order to become a President's Club Member each year of my business, and I look forward to continuing this tradition in the future.
I currently have a team of 14 sales representatives, and continue self-promotion, sales opportunities, and online sales presence in order to maintain and grow this team.
There is great opportunity with Avon Canada for those forward-thinkers and those not afraid of hard work and commitment.
Pros
Leadersihip Advancement, Commission, Residual Income, Personal Growth
Cons
Long hours, Independent work
Alright Job
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Quebec19 August 2016
Definitely a lot of space for growth, you make the job what you want it to be essentially. If you put in the time and effort it can be a great job however you need decent finances from it to make it a full time job to live off of.
great if you like independent work
independent sales representative (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC13 February 2015
Lots of hand on and speaking to people and lots of phone calls no boss yelling at you must be self motivated communication skills sell the product and organization skills money management set your own dead lines and meet them set your own goals and follow up with them
Pros
more time at home with family
Cons
different environment have to be self motivated no buss yelling at you
Avon
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC24 June 2014
Its great to be your own boss, I am still able to work a full time job elsewhere while making a little of extra cash on the side.
Enjoyed working for Avon
INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Petrolia10 June 2014
Was a great job and a great company. Enjoyed trying all the products.
Advertising, customer service, delivery were all aspects of the position.
Pros
Making my own hours
Cons
Commission based
Independent Sales Representative
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 May 2014
Since this is commission, it is required that representatives go out and distribute catalogues to potential customers. I didn't work there for long, so I only sold products to close friends and family members. Once a customer would tell me what he/she would like to order, I would fill in information on an invoice then give them a copy. The hardest part for me was handing out catalogues to people I didn't know. I wasn't too comfortable with going door to door selling products. I quit because I was starting university that Fall and wanted to only focus on school. Also, buying catalogues could get very expensive, as I had to buy a lot every month or so. I did enjoy the quality of the products, the management and the customer service. I felt that they were very helpful and assisted me whenever I had problems.
Great opportunities
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON31 January 2014
On an average day, I brought in my own clientele, and provided the best customer service possible. I let my customers know of any promotions, new products, and how they can place their orders. I learned that in order to be the best, you have to do your best! You have to set reasonable goals for yourself, and come up with a plan in order to meet these goals. The management team was great. I was able to keep in contact with the Sales Leaders if any problems were to arise. They were very helpful and patient, and helped me in any way they could to help me be more successful as a sales representative. The hardest part of my job was contacting the corporate office with delivery issues I was having. I had a couple incidences where had to return products, and it was difficult to contact the people in charge of local deliveries to pick up these orders. The most enjoyable part of my job I would say, is the overall feedback I got from both my manager, and my customers! They were the ones who made it possible to further my career and be successful working with Avon Canada.
Pros
free products
Cons
competitive
Productive & Fun Work Environment
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 November 2013
At Avon I am my own boss and make my own hours running my very own business selling Avon Products. The hardest part of the job is to find and obtain clients, however, once you've got them its easy and important to maintain them. The part of my job that I enjoy the most is that I can make money buy selling products to clients and the ability to have my own team of Independent Sales Representatives. A typical day at work is walking around and getting people I meet interested in Avon and hand out brochures, when a client orders from them they are ordering from my "store" and my job is to delivery their products one time. Having a job through Avon is perfect for stay at home mums, people who enjoy travelling, and students saving up to go to college. The job is flexible as you get to set your own hours.
Pros
Manage Your Own Business, Make Your Own Hours
Cons
Navigation May Be Difficult At First
Flexible working hours
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2013
The best thing about working for AVON is the flexible working schedule. I get to work independently and set my own goals. I learned to work with customers.
Not my first choice of jobs
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 July 2013
I wish there wasn't so many hidden fees, etc so you had a chance to make money.
Pros
Samples, Freedom
Cons
Hidden Fees, Slow Delivery
Great work at your own pace!
Independent Representative (Former Employee) –  From home27 March 2013
A typical day at work was like a typical day at home, but it was very easy to manage my sales independently!
Pros
great support and product.
Cons
you have to invest some before you make some.
A great job for a little extra spending money
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, On10 February 2013
A typical day working with Avon includes contacting existing customers, and hunting for new leads, processing orders, and making certain that your current invoices are up to date. Customer refunds are processed, and all complaints and questions are answered by the sales rep.
I learned a great deal about time and self management, as well as skin care and assorted other products that the company sells.
While there is a management team in place, the individual reps are expected to manage themselves. This is not a job that includes co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is diffusing angry customers who did not receive a product they had ordered, either due to a back log on the item, or the item advertised being discontinued. At this time, it's easy for a rep to take the full blame for a situation that is out of her control. In order to keep in the customer's good graces, a number of solutions and sacrifices must be made on the part of the rep, with no compensation from the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing customer satisfaction. Knowing that you've helped a customer find a product they love is very, very rewarding.
Pros
work at your own pace, from home
Cons
unstable income
Was a great experience
Independent Representative, I (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 December 2012
Worked well for me in the summer. I like being my own boss. Had a small opportunity to network. Was a fairly easy job.
Productive, fun
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, ON16 October 2012
Great company to work for, has its ups and downs because you are your own worker, but i would do it again in a heart beat. You set your own hours which is nice. The managers and leaders are fantastic they are so energetic and eager to help you with anything you need. I love working with people and you are always meeting new people with Avon.
Work From Home!
Independent Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2012
I have been selling Avon for the last year to suppplement my income. I really enjoy it, as I work at my own pace and you really get out of it what you put in. My DM is always available when I need her, as well as other Reps if I feel that I am having a difficult time. As a part-time career, you really get to set it aside to focus on achieving work/life balance. The hardest part is constantly keeping my name out there, bringing in new clientele, because I can be very shy, however I feel the best sense of satisfaction when I am able to come through for those clients who have allergies, or experience skin sensitivity, or those who really just want my honest opinion and it turns out for the best!
Pros
set your own hours, work from home
Cons
involves a lot of brand selling.