Avon

Avon Employee Reviews for District Sales Manager

This career allowed me to be a single Mom and still work around my girls as they were growing up. We were offered ongoing training opportunities, and the ability to travel.
Paid for 40 hours per week but usually worked about 80. I was a District Manager who continuously met and usually exceeded KPI's. Unfortunately management is well known for their derogatory insinuations and intimidation. You were always only as good as your last campaign and they made sure you knew that. A very secretive culture where people went behind your back and managers were not respected. All that being said, the company vehicle and gas card were wonderful perks and most of the people-excluding top management-were fun to work with. I certainly learned a lot about leadership and coaching. As stated, the hardest part of the job was dealing people who refused to take any responsibility for any failures of the company and refused to listen to those on the front lines.
Pros
Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world
Cons
Long hours and no respect
Pros
Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world
Cons
Long hours and no respect
Poor upper management. Pull promotions from under you with false excuse. Waste of time. 60% of managers were on stress leave. Like to keep the ones who know little cause they are Fear based management.
you have to have an extremely strong Code of ethics, they have none. Every ones’ favourite saying was “the company for woman now shut up and bend over”.
Was an amazing place to work very fast paced. Learned a lot and great training. Until they decided change everything then it went down hill. and long days.
Avon is unfortunately a company in decline therefore many people are losing their job. The commissions structure is bad and targets are impossible to achieve. Too much focus on recruiting new rep. Can be a good work experience but on a short term basis only.
Pros
Great discount on products, great benefits, good salary
Cons
Commissions structure is bad, management isn't good, company in decline
Kind people and nice place to work. Management is not up to speed with modern times. Very sales oriented company. Perks are the products Avon sells as well as the discounts employees receive.
Pros
Great discounts on items sold
Cons
Management is very sales oriented
No day was ever the same, cold calling and recruiting were a large part of the job as well as following up on existing sales representatives. The hardest part of the job was the constant recruitment needed
Pros
company car
Cons
I found the culture to be much like high school. There are the popular girls and the not so popular ones. You were either on the inside or the outside. The training was bazaar. We had to approach strangers in parking lots to recruit Avon representatives. It was very uncomfortable and desperate. Not my style at all.
Pros
Gifts were offered at meetings.
Cons
Desparate sales tactics.
Very Corporate, the position is 24/7 it Never seems to end, the employee's are dedicated, yet not valued. The representative's are what makes it worth while
Pros
Reps, incentive's for reps, rep comp plan
Cons
Long hours, not valued, micro managing
Low pay, high demand, high turn over, disconnect with upper management and lower management. reps cant make enough money to stay. no job security, high turn over rate
Pros
car, gas
Cons
high stress, high demand, low pay, low bonus and comissions
There are no words to describe the experience. It was a lifestyle rather than a job. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was seeing the impact your coaching and training can have on people. Observing people achieve things they never thought they could is humbling and I am forever changed by how people opened themselves and their lives to me.
I was on the road prospecting and meeting with new and old representatives.....wasn't home very much....I learnt time management, autonomy prioritize The hardest part of my job was trying to balance home life and work.....Work won every time and my children were young at the time. What I love the most was interacting with people and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
work/ home balance
great company to work for incentive gifts are great ( brand names) trip incentives are great they let you work from home but you must report constantly by phone to your boss you must excel at your job or it will not be easy
Pros
company car, cell phone, they pay for internet and part of the cell
Cons
you have to work 7 days a week and nights if you want to succeed
I am able to create my own hours so a typical day would have me get up, get comfortable and answer emails and make phone calls. I have learned how to use their ALM computer system. I work with the District Sales Manager on PR and promotions. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to work from home and to date there is not a hardest part. I love working with the DSM and all of the Avon Reps.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
salary
Company has been around for 100 years in Canada. Based in Montreal Quebec. Independent Sales Representatives and Leadership Representatives.
Prospecting, Recruiting, Developing and Promoting thru the various leadership funnels offered in the Avon Earning Opportunity. I learned how to establish challenging goals for myself as well as my sales team that are designed to achieve exceptional business results. Management is left up to me, with monthly Workshops lead by my Divisional manager who was very supportive and knowledgeable. My co-workers are from all walks of life and all types of employment backgrounds. I enjoyed being a part of their personal growth and career journeys. The hardest part of the job was the lack of training for District Sales Managers, it was literally conducted on the move; as things were brought up, I was trained. There was no process to follow aside from recruiting and working with the existing sales base. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with Independent Sales Representatives, they welcomed me with open arms and treated me like I was an extension of their families. It will be hard to leave them once my contract is over.
Pros
fellowship, camaraderie, the option to work from home
Cons
no training, long hours
Responsible for profits and expenditures for 1.5 million dollar district.Turn around specialist in motivating, recruiting, training, sales presentation and seminars.Day to day activities varied which made job fantastic.Opportunities to develop professionally and personally were immense.
Pros
earn fabulous trips around the world
Cons
introduction of multi level sales
  1. District Sales Manager