Avon
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Avon Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

Montréal, QC25 reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,767 reviews

Great for stay at home moms

This job is great for stay at home moms. I started working here in the year 2011. In order to be successful in this job, you need to be out there prospecting for new customers to build your business and earn more.

Bon pour faire de l'argent de poche

Tu gagne entre 15% - 35% chaque vente. Depend de quel niveau tu est. C'est bon pour de l'argent de poche et c'est mieux si tu as plusieurs clients parce qu'il faut payer pour la livraison de 11,95 pour chaque commande.

Pros

rabais sur les produits

Cons

payer les frais de livraisons, les catalogues, échantillons.

TL is a bully nd Management is rotten

Team lead spend most of his time calling me names like "Annoying" and "hateful" even though I never spoke to any coworkers on the floor.Management is never available when you need them. Neither is the help desk. you're not allowed to use the washroom outside of your break times for more than 10 minutes a week. But you're also not allowed a day off if you're sick. they make it impossible to feel safe and the team leads often just appear over your shoulder with no warning. Their overall scoring basis is ridiculous and is the exact opposite of what your trainer teaches you. the salary is very low and you are forced to overtime every night because they are unable to keep enough employees on the floor.High turnover, not necessarily firings, but most agents quit two days after training ends and they go on the floor.

Pros

good discount on products

Cons

forced uncompensated overtime, Team lead is a bully, Management is ignorant

Stay away

I don't have anything positive to say about this company. Worst working experience.No opportunities for advancement, no benefits at all. You don't feel appreciated.

Pros

Cons

Bad hours, stressful environment, no appreciation, no advancement, no benefits

Environnement Positif et agréable

La mission d'Avon est exceptionnelle, d'offrir la possibilité de donner au autonomie au femme etce depuis plus de 130 ans.

Equipo de trabajo dinamico y agradable.

Ser parte de esta compañía fue muy agradable ya que tengo una pasión enorme por el maquillaje y cosméticos. Fue un trabajo a tiempo parcial ya que seguía estudiando.

Don't think about working there long term

Avon is unfortunately a company in decline therefore many people are losing their job. The commissions structure is bad and targets are impossible to achieve. Too much focus on recruiting new rep. Can be a good work experience but on a short term basis only.

Pros

Great discount on products, great benefits, good salary

Cons

Commissions structure is bad, management isn't good, company in decline

Great

Fun place!, Great place to learn and meet people. Benefits are for employees. I was a sales dealer. My friends at the place had great career advancement opportunities

an easy job with many benefits

Avon was based off commission, although it was easy to do from home and there was potential to make a lot of money i did not stay in it for long because i had a job offer els wear

travailleuse

J'étais une travailleuse autonome, je fesais mon propre horaire de travail, cela me convenait en temps qu'étudiante à temps plein.

Amazing opportunity to have a positive impact on people's lives.

There are no words to describe the experience. It was a lifestyle rather than a job. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was seeing the impact your coaching and training can have on people. Observing people achieve things they never thought they could is humbling and I am forever changed by how people opened themselves and their lives to me.

good experience

I enjoyed my time working here but it was short as I was on contract. I have not worked here in some time and cannot vouch as to how the current work environment is.

Stressful and extremely demanding, the more you give the more they want

I was on the road prospecting and meeting with new and old representatives.....wasn't home very much....I learnt time management, autonomy prioritize The hardest part of my job was trying to balance home life and work.....Work won every time and my children were young at the time. What I love the most was interacting with people and meeting new people everyday.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

work/ home balance

Recruter, former et motiver les représentante

Tres belle expérience ma donner la chance de prendre de la confiance en moi

Hard Work, Long Hours, Team Building

Avon is hard work, you get what you put into it. If you do little you get little, etc. Long hours, travelling talking to people, trying to get and keep a customer base, reaching out to people & talking with people to join Avon as their own Avon Representative as me as their Unit Leader. Having to train, explain, navigate the website, place orders, process returns, hold webinars, one on one personal training, team building, customer service, etc.so much more

Pros

Make your own work schedule

Cons

Hardly any personal gain nor advancement

Travail agreable

Je travaille a temps partiel ce qui me convient vu que j'etudie en parallele. Je m'occupe des emails, passer des appels je suis donc un peu une secretaire.

environnement de travail agreable

c'est une experience que je regrette pas millieu detendu je recommencerais n'importe quand

C'eté un travail agréable

J'ai fait: -assebbler des produits cosmetiques -vérifier si les produits sont bien placés dans chaque séquence - reconditionner les produits non conformes -effectuer rapidement des taches complexes et répétitives -appliquer et respecter les normes de controle de la qualité et de santé et sécurité au travail

Pros

Repas gratuite, réduction pour les boutiques, etc

Cons

non

Good experience in a team building environment

-good experience for students -good pay -what I learned: working as a team, assembly line process, using an rf -hardest part of job: on call hours

service a la clientele

sales Répondre aux appels téléphoniques entrant en français et en anglais Répondre aux demandes de renseignements de la clientèle

meet new & interesting people all the time

make your own hours and goals met new friends management is helpful monthly meetings to keep up with latest aids

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K