Avon logo
Avon

Avon Employee Reviews

Found 255 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,714 reviews

Avon you are your on W Boss-all your income is by commission- you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies and Perks, points and incentives

you are your own Boss-all your income is by commission-no minimum wage; and you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies. If you are good at finding customers, and more orders are placed the better for you

TL is a bully nd Management is rotten

Team lead spend most of his time calling me names like "Annoying" and "hateful" even though I never spoke to any coworkers on the floor.Management is never available when you need them. Neither is the help desk. you're not allowed to use the washroom outside of your break times for more than 10 minutes a week. But you're also not allowed a day off if you're sick. they make it impossible to feel safe and the team leads often just appear over your shoulder with no warning. Their overall scoring basis is ridiculous and is the exact opposite of what your trainer teaches you. the salary is very low and you are forced to overtime every night because they are unable to keep enough employees on the floor.High turnover, not necessarily firings, but most agents quit two days after training ends and they go on the floor.

Pros

good discount on products

Cons

forced uncompensated overtime, Team lead is a bully, Management is ignorant

Très bonne ambiance de travail

J'ai bien aimé être conseillère chez Avon, et bâtir ma propre clientèle j'en ai retiré une satisfaction et me suis senti utile de rendre service , et ça correspondait à mon besoin d'entrer en contact avec les gens

Pros

Être autonome, laisse place à l'initiative

Cons

Y en a pas

Stay away

I don't have anything positive to say about this company. Worst working experience.No opportunities for advancement, no benefits at all. You don't feel appreciated.

Pros

Cons

Bad hours, stressful environment, no appreciation, no advancement, no benefits

Pas payant

Tu te démènes pour un revenu d'environ 3000$ par année.

Pros

Rabais produits

Cons

Revenus trop bas

Enjoyed world there

I have worked there for about a year. Very friendly environment good team work. Very good training.quiet environment. Good building accessible by public transport. Overall loved the job!!!

Pros

Discounts on products. Flexible with hours. Friendly management. Loving team. Casual dress code.

Cons

Can’t think of anything i didn’t love

Great work from home company

I joined Avon in March of 2020. There are many opportunities for advancement. It requires your time and effort. You are not obligated to spend money. They offer a free online store so customers can order online and no cost to us, the representatives. Since the time I've joined I have advanced to Gold tier and I'm a unit leader and almost at President's Club. As a Unit Leader I get a percentage of the sales of my team. You can make an incredible amount of money if you invest your time but, it doesn't mean you work 12 hours a day everyday. I put in about 2 hours every day in following up with my team and social media posts and webinars to help me advance. It's a great company to work for.

Pros

Work your own hours

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Paid for 40 hours per week but usually worked about 80. I was a District Manager who continuously met and usually exceeded KPI's. Unfortunately management is well known for their derogatory insinuations and intimidation. You were always only as good as your last campaign and they made sure you knew that. A very secretive culture where people went behind your back and managers were not respected. All that being said, the company vehicle and gas card were wonderful perks and most of the people-excluding top management-were fun to work with. I certainly learned a lot about leadership and coaching. As stated, the hardest part of the job was dealing people who refused to take any responsibility for any failures of the company and refused to listen to those on the front lines.

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect

Time Management and Productive with a positive attitude

The typical day at work was dealing with customers explaining the quality of the products like perfumes, make up, jewelries, clothes, shoes etc. I learned that patience, and communications is very important when dealing with your clients or customers. Time management is important especially when you deliver the products to the customers house to house. I work in my home that helped me very comfortable and easy to manage my time. The hardest part of the job when you made mistakes to the order or the customer is not satisfied and want to return the product. Most enjoyable part of my job when I sold over 22,000 in 12 months that's when I rewarded for 40% commission in every product.

Pros

40% commission

Jobs at Avon

See more jobs

You and your family come last.

Poor upper management. Pull promotions from under you with false excuse. Waste of time. 60% of managers were on stress leave. Like to keep the ones who know little cause they are Fear based management.

Enjoy working from home

Excellent company to learn how to use social media and net-working from. The whole process of work is leadership and building/connecting with others, in the comfort of your own home.

Very beneficial for people who likes to work a lot.

It is beneficial for people who want to start learning how to run a business and hands on experience but not for people who want to earn money in any way. Its for people who has just a new experience towards getting started in a job marketplace.

Avon Representivie

I had experience for 28 years with Avon, Great to meets the customer, friends, give the Avon cataguloues , samples, order Items and delivery. I am glad They love it

Self-Employment in Beauty Products

Avon is a top Canadian Cosmetics Company. They offer Full training in Sales with a Mentor. Slogan--It's all the client. Beauty Products sell themselves. brochures

Pros

Flexibility, meet interesting people

Cons

This job is meant to be a side- hustle

Very abusive

you have to have an extremely strong Code of ethics, they have none. Every ones’ favourite saying was “the company for woman now shut up and bend over”.

At Avon you're a nobody

Don't work here if you value your self-esteem. Employees are dispensable. They forfitted yearly salary increase last year. No one recieved a "cost of living" increase. You do what you're told or you have a meeting to let you know if otherwise !!! Save yourself time and apply anywhere else,

Only get out of it what you put into it

I love Avon products; especially the jewelry. I always try to get my customers the best deals possible. Just wish I didn't have to pay for the brochures.

Work at your own pace

Avon allows you to work as much or as little as you would like. The more you put into it, the more you will get out. Discounts are biggest on Beauty products when buying for yourself

Great for stay at home moms

This job is great for stay at home moms. I started working here in the year 2011. In order to be successful in this job, you need to be out there prospecting for new customers to build your business and earn more.

Environnement Positif et agréable

La mission d'Avon est exceptionnelle, d'offrir la possibilité de donner au autonomie au femme etce depuis plus de 130 ans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K