Avon logo
Avon

Avon

Avon Employee Review

You need to drink the Koolaid

I found the culture to be much like high school. There are the popular girls and the not so popular ones. You were either on the inside or the outside. The training was bazaar. We had to approach strangers in parking lots to recruit Avon representatives. It was very uncomfortable and desperate. Not my style at all.

Pros

Gifts were offered at meetings.

Cons

Desparate sales tactics.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Paid for 40 hours per week but usually worked about 80. I was a District Manager who continuously met and usually exceeded KPI's. Unfortunately management is well known for their derogatory insinuations and intimidation. You were always only as good as your last campaign and they made sure you knew that. A very secretive culture where people went behind your back and managers were not respected. All that being said, the company vehicle and gas card were wonderful perks and most of the people-excluding top management-were fun to work with. I certainly learned a lot about leadership and coaching. As stated, the hardest part of the job was dealing people who refused to take any responsibility for any failures of the company and refused to listen to those on the front lines.

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect
Same role

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect
Same location

Time Management and Productive with a positive attitude

The typical day at work was dealing with customers explaining the quality of the products like perfumes, make up, jewelries, clothes, shoes etc. I learned that patience, and communications is very important when dealing with your clients or customers. Time management is important especially when you deliver the products to the customers house to house. I work in my home that helped me very comfortable and easy to manage my time. The hardest part of the job when you made mistakes to the order or the customer is not satisfied and want to return the product. Most enjoyable part of my job when I sold over 22,000 in 12 months that's when I rewarded for 40% commission in every product.

Pros

40% commission

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K