Avon logo
Avon

Avon

Avon Employee Review

Stressful and extremely demanding, the more you give the more they want

I was on the road prospecting and meeting with new and old representatives.....wasn't home very much....I learnt time management, autonomy prioritize The hardest part of my job was trying to balance home life and work.....Work won every time and my children were young at the time. What I love the most was interacting with people and meeting new people everyday.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

work/ home balance

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Paid for 40 hours per week but usually worked about 80. I was a District Manager who continuously met and usually exceeded KPI's. Unfortunately management is well known for their derogatory insinuations and intimidation. You were always only as good as your last campaign and they made sure you knew that. A very secretive culture where people went behind your back and managers were not respected. All that being said, the company vehicle and gas card were wonderful perks and most of the people-excluding top management-were fun to work with. I certainly learned a lot about leadership and coaching. As stated, the hardest part of the job was dealing people who refused to take any responsibility for any failures of the company and refused to listen to those on the front lines.

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect
Same role

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect
Same location

TL is a bully nd Management is rotten

Team lead spend most of his time calling me names like "Annoying" and "hateful" even though I never spoke to any coworkers on the floor.Management is never available when you need them. Neither is the help desk. you're not allowed to use the washroom outside of your break times for more than 10 minutes a week. But you're also not allowed a day off if you're sick. they make it impossible to feel safe and the team leads often just appear over your shoulder with no warning. Their overall scoring basis is ridiculous and is the exact opposite of what your trainer teaches you. the salary is very low and you are forced to overtime every night because they are unable to keep enough employees on the floor.High turnover, not necessarily firings, but most agents quit two days after training ends and they go on the floor.

Pros

good discount on products

Cons

forced uncompensated overtime, Team lead is a bully, Management is ignorant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K
1.8K
1.3K

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Avon with

• Avon
  • Stressful and extremely demanding, the more you give the more they want