Avon logo
Avon

Avon

Avon Employee Review

A challenging work experience, but wonderful Sales Representatives

Prospecting, Recruiting, Developing and Promoting thru the various leadership funnels offered in the Avon Earning Opportunity. I learned how to establish challenging goals for myself as well as my sales team that are designed to achieve exceptional business results. Management is left up to me, with monthly Workshops lead by my Divisional manager who was very supportive and knowledgeable. My co-workers are from all walks of life and all types of employment backgrounds. I enjoyed being a part of their personal growth and career journeys. The hardest part of the job was the lack of training for District Sales Managers, it was literally conducted on the move; as things were brought up, I was trained. There was no process to follow aside from recruiting and working with the existing sales base. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with Independent Sales Representatives, they welcomed me with open arms and treated me like I was an extension of their families. It will be hard to leave them once my contract is over.

Pros

fellowship, camaraderie, the option to work from home

Cons

no training, long hours

1.0Job security/advancement

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Paid for 40 hours per week but usually worked about 80. I was a District Manager who continuously met and usually exceeded KPI's. Unfortunately management is well known for their derogatory insinuations and intimidation. You were always only as good as your last campaign and they made sure you knew that. A very secretive culture where people went behind your back and managers were not respected. All that being said, the company vehicle and gas card were wonderful perks and most of the people-excluding top management-were fun to work with. I certainly learned a lot about leadership and coaching. As stated, the hardest part of the job was dealing people who refused to take any responsibility for any failures of the company and refused to listen to those on the front lines.

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect

Stressful and culture of fear and intimidation

Pros

Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world

Cons

Long hours and no respect
Same role

You and your family come last.

Poor upper management. Pull promotions from under you with false excuse. Waste of time. 60% of managers were on stress leave. Like to keep the ones who know little cause they are Fear based management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K