Avon Employee Reviews

Found 166 reviews matching the search See all 5,598 reviews
part time
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON15 August 2018
You can organize your customers and hours. Need to review new products. Order samples. Get to work with different products every month. Travel to shows and set up display products.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
salary
Great work life balance.
Team Builder / Motivator (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 September 2018
What I have learned in working with Avon. We work with Women and a few good men. You can build a career. We also offer many different options that would fit any life style. The training with Avon is fabulous. They provide marketing and other sales tools to help you build your business on line.
The most enjoyable part of the business is helping people and families. We are helping with creating their children's education funds, dance class, car payments mortgage's, helping put food on the table and assisting people with their retirement plans.
working with Avon was fun, and has been a great way for me to gain sales field training.
sales reprasentative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON15 November 2018
A typical day at work was more then a pleasure. I learned great communication skills that involved interactions hand on hand with clients involving meeting there needs in sales. I had training in the field also. I became top bronze on my team and it was because I sold many merchandise from the company. The most enjoyable part
of the job was me being able to be a part of the industry in sales. Also interactions with people made my day to be more motivated to gain the drive motivation brings witch is the deliverance of more energy and me being more enthusiastic, leading me to creativity and making money in my own field in sales.
Pros
Deals you cant believe
Cons
not a good job work/life balance
System Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
Salary is below the market average, job security is good. however management is so so. job culture is so so. it just stick with the traditional product.
Nice place to work with lots of perks
Sales Manager - British Columbia District (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC22 August 2018
Kind people and nice place to work.

Management is not up to speed with modern times.

Very sales oriented company.

Perks are the products Avon sells as well as the discounts employees receive.
Pros
Great discounts on items sold
Cons
Management is very sales oriented
fun place to work with great management
avon sales man (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2018
everything about avon is good
great management great products great catalogs.
they really support the reps and want them to do well.
the products sell themselves.
Pros
free gifts
Cons
you need to apply yourself
Autonomous job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC28 June 2018
This job teaches you how to work autonomously. You are in charge of running your own little business as it is your duty to build clientele, take their orders, place the orders and ship out the products once they have arrived. It is also necessary to provide an excellent customer service experience as that is what will allow you to maintain a high amount of sales and generate high profits.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
need to build clientele to make money
Home based business allows flexibility
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON4 November 2017
There are many perks with being your own boss. Avon allows this for any individual looking to add extra income into their lifestyle. The more you put into your business, the more benefits you will reap.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Income is based on how much your customers purchase
At home work
Avon Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 October 2018
.online marketing
.delivering orders
.learned how to run a business from home
.getting orders delivered without a vehicle was very hard
.loved being my own boss
I enjoyed meeting new people
Sales Expert, Selling Cosmetics (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON24 June 2018
I worked around my children, I got to meet many new people, placed order online then delivered the order. helped with any problems. I carried my books everywhere i went, schools, dance class for my Daughter.
Good conversations, good repeat clients. Who doesn't like Avon.
Pros
Relaxed inviroment
Cons
stoped when my mother was killed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2018
sales of makeup products
management is flexible
hours on your own time
door to door handing out campaigns
interact with many customers
learned to sell products
Great people, limited on resources.
Business Analyst - Sales (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC5 April 2018
Working at Avon provides the opportunity to test your time management skills as year over year it is transforming into a VERY lean organization. Execution of tasks and projects in due time is challenged by technical limitations as the company does not invest in improving the technological platform.
Pros
Dynamic work environment with a go ahead mentality
Cons
Contradicted by outdated systems.
Supportive and pushed me to a better version of myself
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 June 2018
I loved working for Avon. I could fit it around my life, I got out of it what I put in and I got to experience the enjoyment a sisterhood of women that had my back.
Pros
Internal Community, regional meetings, supportive, flexible
Cons
No guarenteed income unless you really went out of your way.
Educational and Independent Workplace
Individual Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2013
- Work from home
- Improves verbal skills
- Very educational; lots of seminars and webinars are available to improve sales and educates workers on new software
- Management is very friendly and understanding; they help you succeed
- Learned how to improve my sales and gain valuable information
- Met with new customers and made friendships
Pros
- Hard work pays off; once you have sold a certain amount your commission increases
Cons
- Don't get paid hourly; salary based on commission
self employment
Independent Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 July 2018
It was a different experience as I was responsible for everything and should control expenses and income to reach my goal. the good point is you can manage your time, however, you work more but in a different time.
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 June 2018
Being able to handle all my marketing, advertising and customer relations is amazing. I loved being in control and working for myself. I loved the challenge of finding more customers through various methods and interacting with them.
Permanent crisis mode
Supply Planning Director (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal1 May 2018
Company underperforms all the time which puts additional pressure to change things around causing internal crisis everyday.
Culture of finger pointing
Poor systems and structure
Pros
You become creative and pragmatic
Cons
Terrible work climate
A great job for a little extra spending money
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, On10 February 2013
A typical day working with Avon includes contacting existing customers, and hunting for new leads, processing orders, and making certain that your current invoices are up to date. Customer refunds are processed, and all complaints and questions are answered by the sales rep.
I learned a great deal about time and self management, as well as skin care and assorted other products that the company sells.
While there is a management team in place, the individual reps are expected to manage themselves. This is not a job that includes co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is diffusing angry customers who did not receive a product they had ordered, either due to a back log on the item, or the item advertised being discontinued. At this time, it's easy for a rep to take the full blame for a situation that is out of her control. In order to keep in the customer's good graces, a number of solutions and sacrifices must be made on the part of the rep, with no compensation from the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing customer satisfaction. Knowing that you've helped a customer find a product they love is very, very rewarding.
Pros
work at your own pace, from home
Cons
unstable income
Fun working with them
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Firenze, Toscana11 June 2018
I had really fun working with them and trying there products and selling them to the costumers but the bad thing is that I would get like 30 dollars each month and that didn’t satisfy me
Great company to grow with.
Self-employed sales leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Mississauga4 December 2012
Flexible employment. Great place to meet new contacts.

I started with Avon after working full time as a Human Resources/Payroll assistant. After 16 years I left due to the company re-structuring. I decided to take some time off and raise 2 small boys. That is when I focused more on Avon as it allowed me flexible work hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K