Avon

Avon Employee Reviews

you are your own Boss-all your income is by commission-no minimum wage; and you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies. If you are good at finding customers, and more orders are placed the better for you
Team lead spend most of his time calling me names like "Annoying" and "hateful" even though I never spoke to any coworkers on the floor.Management is never available when you need them. Neither is the help desk. you're not allowed to use the washroom outside of your break times for more than 10 minutes a week. But you're also not allowed a day off if you're sick. they make it impossible to feel safe and the team leads often just appear over your shoulder with no warning. Their overall scoring basis is ridiculous and is the exact opposite of what your trainer teaches you. the salary is very low and you are forced to overtime every night because they are unable to keep enough employees on the floor.High turnover, not necessarily firings, but most agents quit two days after training ends and they go on the floor.
Pros
good discount on products
Cons
forced uncompensated overtime, Team lead is a bully, Management is ignorant
J'ai bien aimé être conseillère chez Avon, et bâtir ma propre clientèle j'en ai retiré une satisfaction et me suis senti utile de rendre service , et ça correspondait à mon besoin d'entrer en contact avec les gens
Pros
Être autonome, laisse place à l'initiative
Cons
Y en a pas
I don't have anything positive to say about this company. Worst working experience.No opportunities for advancement, no benefits at all. You don't feel appreciated.
Pros
Cons
Bad hours, stressful environment, no appreciation, no advancement, no benefits
Tu te démènes pour un revenu d'environ 3000$ par année.
Pros
Rabais produits
Cons
Revenus trop bas
I have worked there for about a year. Very friendly environment good team work. Very good training.quiet environment. Good building accessible by public transport. Overall loved the job!!!
Pros
Discounts on products. Flexible with hours. Friendly management. Loving team. Casual dress code.
Cons
Can’t think of anything i didn’t love
I joined Avon in March of 2020. There are many opportunities for advancement. It requires your time and effort. You are not obligated to spend money. They offer a free online store so customers can order online and no cost to us, the representatives. Since the time I've joined I have advanced to Gold tier and I'm a unit leader and almost at President's Club. As a Unit Leader I get a percentage of the sales of my team. You can make an incredible amount of money if you invest your time but, it doesn't mean you work 12 hours a day everyday. I put in about 2 hours every day in following up with my team and social media posts and webinars to help me advance. It's a great company to work for.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
Paid for 40 hours per week but usually worked about 80. I was a District Manager who continuously met and usually exceeded KPI's. Unfortunately management is well known for their derogatory insinuations and intimidation. You were always only as good as your last campaign and they made sure you knew that. A very secretive culture where people went behind your back and managers were not respected. All that being said, the company vehicle and gas card were wonderful perks and most of the people-excluding top management-were fun to work with. I certainly learned a lot about leadership and coaching. As stated, the hardest part of the job was dealing people who refused to take any responsibility for any failures of the company and refused to listen to those on the front lines.
Pros
Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world
Cons
Long hours and no respect
Pros
Company car, gas card, awesome first class trips all over the world
Cons
Long hours and no respect
The typical day at work was dealing with customers explaining the quality of the products like perfumes, make up, jewelries, clothes, shoes etc. I learned that patience, and communications is very important when dealing with your clients or customers. Time management is important especially when you deliver the products to the customers house to house. I work in my home that helped me very comfortable and easy to manage my time. The hardest part of the job when you made mistakes to the order or the customer is not satisfied and want to return the product. Most enjoyable part of my job when I sold over 22,000 in 12 months that's when I rewarded for 40% commission in every product.
Pros
40% commission
Cons
Poor upper management. Pull promotions from under you with false excuse. Waste of time. 60% of managers were on stress leave. Like to keep the ones who know little cause they are Fear based management.
Excellent company to learn how to use social media and net-working from. The whole process of work is leadership and building/connecting with others, in the comfort of your own home.
It is beneficial for people who want to start learning how to run a business and hands on experience but not for people who want to earn money in any way. Its for people who has just a new experience towards getting started in a job marketplace.
I had experience for 28 years with Avon, Great to meets the customer, friends, give the Avon cataguloues , samples, order Items and delivery. I am glad They love it
Avon is a top Canadian Cosmetics Company. They offer Full training in Sales with a Mentor. Slogan--It's all the client. Beauty Products sell themselves. brochures
Pros
Flexibility, meet interesting people
Cons
This job is meant to be a side- hustle
you have to have an extremely strong Code of ethics, they have none. Every ones’ favourite saying was “the company for woman now shut up and bend over”.
Don't work here if you value your self-esteem. Employees are dispensable. They forfitted yearly salary increase last year. No one recieved a "cost of living" increase. You do what you're told or you have a meeting to let you know if otherwise !!! Save yourself time and apply anywhere else,
I love Avon products; especially the jewelry. I always try to get my customers the best deals possible. Just wish I didn't have to pay for the brochures.
Avon allows you to work as much or as little as you would like. The more you put into it, the more you will get out. Discounts are biggest on Beauty products when buying for yourself
This job is great for stay at home moms. I started working here in the year 2011. In order to be successful in this job, you need to be out there prospecting for new customers to build your business and earn more.
La mission d'Avon est exceptionnelle, d'offrir la possibilité de donner au autonomie au femme etce depuis plus de 130 ans.
  1. Employee reviews