Avon Canada Inc

Avon Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews
It is beneficial for people who want to start learning how to run a business and hands on experience but not for people who want to earn money in any way. Its for people who has just a new experience towards getting started in a job marketplace.
The typical day at work was dealing with customers explaining the quality of the products like perfumes, make up, jewelries, clothes, shoes etc. I learned that patience, and communications is very important when dealing with your clients or customers. Time management is important especially when you deliver the products to the customers house to house. I work in my home that helped me very comfortable and easy to manage my time. The hardest part of the job when you made mistakes to the order or the customer is not satisfied and want to return the product. Most enjoyable part of my job when I sold over 22,000 in 12 months that's when I rewarded for 40% commission in every product.
Pros
40% commission
Cons
Poor upper management. Pull promotions from under you with false excuse. Waste of time. 60% of managers were on stress leave. Like to keep the ones who know little cause they are Fear based management.
Excellent company to learn how to use social media and net-working from. The whole process of work is leadership and building/connecting with others, in the comfort of your own home.
Avon is a top Canadian Cosmetics Company. They offer Full training in Sales with a Mentor. Slogan--It's all the client.
Beauty Products sell themselves.

brochures
Pros
Flexibility, meet interesting people
Cons
This job is meant to be a side- hustle
you have to have an extremely strong Code of ethics, they have none. Every ones’ favourite saying was “the company for woman now shut up and bend over”.
Don't work here if you value your self-esteem. Employees are dispensable. They forfitted yearly salary increase last year. No one recieved a "cost of living" increase. You do what you're told or you have a meeting to let you know if otherwise !!!
Save yourself time and apply anywhere else,
La mission d'Avon est exceptionnelle, d'offrir la possibilité de donner au autonomie au femme etce depuis plus de 130 ans.
Horrible management at the forefront of the business, unwilling to take advice from people with industry experience and take their hardest workers for granted. The entire business structure feeds and preys on the weak.
professionnally, I am independent sale representative. i advertised avon product to a presume customer through a social media. i buy for the interested customer and send to them. the salary is base to an amount of product sell
Pros
relax home based work
Cons
salary is not stable
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Avon Canada Inc?
Belle compagnie, mon expérience a été très positive.
A typical day at work is making calls to clients and going out into the field and greeting potential clients. Going through the brochure with them before they brought it home to advertise the product better.
hard sometimes but always full staffed. people are helpful and you will certainly enjoy the position. i had some great times there. was really fun. have fun.
up to beat and very exciting. learned a lot. high turnover rate but job is light and not too difficult. sometimes it gets intense but you can manage it. push you to your limits and you get growth
J'ai appris à travaillé en équipe je travaillais de 7.15 à 3.15 je rentrais les commandes des représentantes sur internet c'était des gens qui ne savait pas comment faire sur internet . J'ai aimé travaillé pour ses gens ils m'ont appris beaucoup.
Poor management.
The training offered by head office was nothing short of brainwashing, a lobotomy in Avon culture if you will.

Looking back, the words "legalized cult" come to mind when I think: AVON.

Still can't believe I lasted a month before I called it quits.
Pros
Company car, free trip to Montreal, gas card
Cons
Avon
Avon is unfortunately a company in decline therefore many people are losing their job.
The commissions structure is bad and targets are impossible to achieve.

Too much focus on recruiting new rep.

Can be a good work experience but on a short term basis only.
Pros
Great discount on products, great benefits, good salary
Cons
Commissions structure is bad, management isn't good, company in decline
It was a great experience to enhance my social connections, to enhance social supports and resources in my community. I would definitely recommend this as an interesting beginning career for any ambitious entrepreneur
I love how thins company allows you to grow at your own pace, and allows you to still ahve a full time job outside the home it you wish. You are the boss. You bilud your team no set timelimes..
Fun place!, Great place to learn and meet people. Benefits are for employees. I was a sales dealer. My friends at the place had great career advancement opportunities
No day was ever the same, cold calling and recruiting were a large part of the job as well as following up on existing sales representatives. The hardest part of the job was the constant recruitment needed
Pros
company car