Avon Canada Inc Employee Reviews

interesting work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON20 April 2018
No day was ever the same, cold calling and recruiting were a large part of the job as well as following up on existing sales representatives. The hardest part of the job was the constant recruitment needed
Pros
company car
Cons
As a sales representative, you are your own company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC16 April 2018
I learned what it takes to be a sales person.
I also learned how to recruit and be part of the managerial team.
Theory and practice is not always the same.
I learned a lot about myself, on what I am capable of doing and enjoying learning.
The hardest part of my job was getting the sales. I had all of the theory done packed but the numbers were not to my satisfaction.
I enjoyed setting up and doing the sales meetings in both English and French. I loved showing new recruits the ropes and encouraging them and helping them along their journey.
Pros
It's all up to you. You are your own boss.
Cons
Although I loved the job, it was not paying the bills.
I was able to meet people in the community
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Arthur, ON16 March 2018
My typical day would start by taking books to customers and picking up order and writing out there receipts for the products that they wanted to order for themselves. I needed to put their order in the data base for Avon and wait for the products to get delivered to me. When I received the products I then needed to sort them into the correct client s bag and put their total on it. I then arranged to meet and drop off their order and received their money and pay the bill.
Pros
Meeting new people in the community
Cons
It was busy with putting in the orders every two weeks.
avon
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC9 March 2018
Another wonderful company that I have had a great experience with. I enjoyed meeting new people going from door to door. I never once was turned away.
You need to drink the Koolaid
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2018
I found the culture to be much like high school. There are the popular girls and the not so popular ones. You were either on the inside or the outside. The training was bazaar. We had to approach strangers in parking lots to recruit Avon representatives. It was very uncomfortable and desperate. Not my style at all.
Pros
Gifts were offered at meetings.
Cons
Desparate sales tactics.
Fun while it lasted
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON18 December 2017
It was fun while i was working at it. Got a lot of district managers in my time there and I don't know if that's normal or not. Enjoyed doing it and working certain events with products until they changed some of their systems and I left because of that.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Required selling amouts, hard to make a profit
Good for experience, not carrer
Sourcing/Procurement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC21 November 2017
Cost cutting environment, good for building experience. Revenue decline, so no room to move up, and management seems to be content with status quo. Very frustrating when new ideas are pitched, since no money to update the model or changes in way we operate.
Pros
Great coworkers, Very positive environment
Cons
Slow moving management, company in decline
travail agréable
Représentante produits de beauté (Current Employee) –  Domicile(compagnie à Pointe-Claire livre chez moi)19 November 2017
Brochures (étampage et distribution),prise de commandes, factures, emballage des commandes et livraisons.

J'ai beaucoup appris dans ce domaine. Développer une clientèle, calculer les pourcentages et les profits, le service à la clientèle et la persévérance, car cela demande du temps et de la persévérance pour développer une clientèle. Beaucoup de porte à porte pour se présenter et donner des échantillons ainsi que des catalogues, se faire connaître.

En ce qui concerne la gérance, les gérantes sont toujours là pour nous aider en cas de besoin. Il y a les réunions qu'elles nous offres, sans obligation mais auxquelles il est bon d'assister et qui nous donne des trucs de ventes.

Je dirais que globalement, tout est agréable dans cet emploi, sauf deux choses. Passez les catalogues en plein hiver lorsqu'il fait très froid, ce n'est pas très agréable. La deuxième chose, c'est le salaire. Il faudrait vraiment faire énormément de ventes pour espérer faire un bon salaire et pourtant j'ai beaucoup de clientes mais cela n'est pas suffisant. Pour ce qui est du reste, tout est vraiment bien. C'est un travail agréable.
Pros
La majorité de l'ensemble
Cons
Le salaire et passer les catalogues en hiver
Great company, excellent products
District Manager and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 November 2017
Working with 400+ independent representatives was challenging and rewarding. Opening the first BC retail store was also challenging and rewarding. With Avon being a global country, changing upper management and direction there were challenges.
was fun while it lasted
Avon Company (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 October 2017
Learned that sales representative jobs are not for me. I had a hard time gaining customers, keeping up with sales, obtaining customers ordered items, etc
Pros
Free product
Avon
Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 September 2017
my leader is amazing she helps me out in situations if i run out of books when i run out to hand out. customers are great on handing in the money before the order had came in.
Pros
can work any time
Cons
late payment
Très bien
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC22 August 2017
J'aime beaucoup vôtre site sais super enrichissant comme site vraiment bravo a vous
les gens prenne pas au sérieux
Représentante-Leader ship (Former Employee) –  Rivière-du-Loup, QC29 July 2017
Les gens ne prennent pas ce rôle au sérieux. Manque de suivis. Mais fort agréable de donner des formation.
Pros
donner les formations
Cons
le manque de sérieux
self directed cosmetic company
Avon Representative (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ON25 July 2017
typical day at work involved beauty makeovers and manicures, product demonstrations, some bridal groups, driving long distances, and good knowledge of skincare. I learned a great deal about sales in this job and self-management. The workplace culture is affable and people generally enjoy the demonstrations and participate and ask many questions. The most difficult part of the job is recruiting. The most enjoyable part of the job is being independent.
Pros
self directed independent
Cons
salary fluctuations
Amazing opportunity to have a positive impact on people's lives.
Corporate District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 April 2017
There are no words to describe the experience. It was a lifestyle rather than a job. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was seeing the impact your coaching and training can have on people. Observing people achieve things they never thought they could is humbling and I am forever changed by how people opened themselves and their lives to me.
good experience
Sales Rep Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 April 2017
I enjoyed my time working here but it was short as I was on contract. I have not worked here in some time and cannot vouch as to how the current work environment is.
Good experience
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 March 2017
This work was great experience for talking and serving people. Some of the products are nice too, I couldn't help but buy some of the products for myself.
not going back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 August 2016
i hated working for avon, not enough money to live off of, having to find clients and even then it was difficult because just to have an average salary, i would've had to find 60-70 clients who would order 40-50 things from their catalogue every month
environement de travail agréable
journalier (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC26 April 2015
travail de production rapide et prendre des décisions rapides
Pros
beaucoup de récompenses
Cons
fermeture
Good experience in a team building environment
Warehouse/assembly line worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  montreal8 March 2015
-good experience for students
-good pay
-what I learned: working as a team, assembly line process, using an rf
-hardest part of job: on call hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon Canada Inc. Our community is ready to answer.