Opportunity to advance in your career.
- Knowledge on the insurance industry (what it is, what purpose it serves).
- Ability to communicate with clients.
- Mathematical abilities (simple arithmetic should be feasible).
- Technical computer skills (understand how to use excel, and the general know-how to use computers)
- Ability to cooperate with the staff and team.
- Follow company procedures.
They will eventually get it right as they are a solid company
Professional and very Fast paced.
As a call-center representative, the goal was to maximize the amount of client phone calls and emails per day. This meant addressing any client inquiries on average less than 1:30 minutes.
As an accounts receivable intern, the goal was to also process as many cheques as possible per day, and ensure no errors were made.
More flexible hours, invest in a unified system and one that is flexible to meet rapidly changing needs. Also invest in more training and mentor-ship programs for all employees.
Yes but there are very few summer internships available
Like garbage - management uses HR to do their dirty work and zero communication - at least honest communication.
8 hrs per day - flexibility is good