Aviso Wealth

Aviso Wealth Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Exceedingly poor management
I worked here for several months earlier in the year. I cannot speak for all departments but my advice for Operations: stay clear. Management are hopeless, the team spirit non-existent and the communication between departments is appalling. There are no thorough checking procedures for work and the systems have the fragility of a Ming vase.

Management are completely inflexible about working hours and you are expected to put in overtime at the drop of a hat. Due to ‘blackout periods’ and 'busy seasons’ they don’t let you take any vacation between November and March. Thinking of adding a little more 'life' into your work-life balance? Forget it.

I might have forgiven them had any of the work been even remotely engaging or fulfilling. Instead you'd find more excitement in a bunch of bananas. I hear the company is shooting for a ‘great place to work’ award. That gave me a chuckle at least.

It really opened my eyes to just how badly an organization can be run.
Library death trap
Aviso feels like a weird limbo where you work to die. I don't know where I'm going, company has no idea where they are going. Leadership is missing from management. Rebranding did not help the deep routed issues at Qtrade, NEI, Credentials. They need new leadership to cut the fat in middle management.
Productive and fun work place.
Working at Aviso wealth was a fun, productive, and dynamic environment. The team is very friendly and encouraging of helping one another, making it a great place to learn new skills.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Long work days
Great company to work at
A typical day in the Service Centre includes answering phone calls and emails from Credit Union Advisors as well as Clients. Management is very supportive and the overall atmosphere is friendly.
Great people and lots of challenges
Aviso is a newly formed company from a merger of 3 established companies. There are a lot of challenges with a merger and creating a new corporate culture. My experience has been a positive one in that people have been helpful and have worked together to bring in new processes and also work to modify them as well as time passes. I have also had a good laugh with people in the company and they are bright and friendly. I think that things will continue to grow in this company and if you are open to change then it is a great place to be.
It wasn't the best place to work.
The pay is not enough for the amount of work you are expected to do. The benefits are really good however I don't think the stress level is worth it. They don't have proper training and they are a financial company which surprised me.
Avoid Marketing
I have been with the company for a couple of years and have been with the Marketing team for most of that time. My advice to you and your career is to avoid working for Aviso, at least in the Marketing Department. If all you are looking for is a paycheck, then do it while you look for another career. If you are looking for a career, somewhere else would be best.

They are not interested in your advancement or being proper leaders. The amount of gossip, backstabbing and lying by management is rampant and sad. This is the culture management is fostering. Speaking your mind is used against you and taking pride in your work is looked at as a negative. The integrity of the management team is so low they have to continually hire their friends so they know they will say yes to their every whim. This is why the turn-over is consistent. Top talent leaves.

I am definitely learning what makes a management team terrible.
Pros
Foosball Table in the Kitchen
Cons
Not recommended! If performance and hard work are your assets, do not go to Aviso.
Management is a joke. Supervisors harass the team mates. HR emplyees who are friends with Supervisors and Managers don't listen to your complaints which is unethical.
No performance reviews are held by lazy supervisors. If they like you, you are privileged. If you speak up, you are on their hitlist. It's a joke of a company!
Great people but not all departments are the same
Hello,

Aviso Wealth is filled with great people and TONS of room to grow and move forward. I've never seen or felt such a sense presence of education and amazing work ethic. Of course we don't always want to be working but here i truly see the best of both worlds. To study now and work as had as possible defiantly has it rewards.
Pros
amazing people around the office all ages ! tons of events are social gatherings
Cons
Sadly not every department is the same, and some departments LACK a friendly feel and support.
Work environment
The most enjoyable part of the job, management is onsite and they have an open door policy. Aviso has a great bonus system. Work life balanced quite challenging as my role required ample time outside work hours in order to meet daily duties.
Pros
A lot of familiar faces due to the merge.
Management are a Joke
Management are a joke - picked the worst of the worst. CEO is in his ivory tower and CFO is a dinosaur. Horrible processes. Work life balance is good and they overpay for the quality of the staff that work there still.
Pros
Overpaid
Cons
Horrible Managment
Difficult place to work with good benefits.
Good company benefits and compensation. However, it is a difficult place to work sometimes. Hard to feel you are making an impact. Management was poor.
Exciting Changes
Aviso Wealth is a new company formed in the spring of 2018 with the merger of Credential Financial Inc., Qtrade and NEI. It is currently going through a lot of changes which opens the door to many opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Some growing pains