Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

It's Budget Car Rentals Not Avis Budget Group. It's apart of the Stewart's Automotive Group, in Jamaica.
Automotive Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kingston, JA9 June 2018
Good and Productive Company, I felt comfortable there and I learnt a lot of stuff and but I want to learn more new stuff about the Automotive world and they can't give me that.
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
Over time
Fun place to work but advancement is only if you`re manager`s guy
Lead Rental Sales Agent / CLE Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 May 2018
In my time time unfortunately the manager only appointed the people he knew before or just the ones under his umbrella. Disappointing for others who also put their energy and will to get a promotion.
Great and fun organization to work for
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 April 2018
During the time i worked for this organization, i learned a lot of valuable skills and knowledge. It was a fun place to work at, and the management was great!
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2018
I love the management and the way Avis car rental help the customers out. Avis is a great company where you learn how to manage time, and how you can help people over the phone
Cons
cleaning cars
a pleasure to work with
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport5 April 2018
this company and its workers are great to work with. they are always hiring new people and they are great at training new people quickly to get them working. i would recommend this job to anybody looking for a good job in auto detailing
Pros
interesting work
Cons
harder in rough weather
Good location to have a job.
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 March 2018
Great for a part time job for extra cash, some work colleagues are welcoming while others are the worst which is just like every other job. Great location to work salary not the greatest.
every thing is normal and smooth .
Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 March 2018
hourly rate is fixed and weekly hours are guaranteed. Too many bosses and immediate supervisor is good.
shift is fixed - morning mon to fri and pay is reasonable.
Too many managers, none of them care.
Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2018
Every department has a manager that doesn't care about employees and demands results while providing no training or clear instructions and not paying an acceptable wage to perform what they expect to their standards. Would not recommend.
Pros
No weekends at Head Office.
Cons
Poor wages, too much demanded, poor mgmt
Great company to work for!
Agency Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 February 2018
While I worked at Avis Budget Group, I really enjoyed my time there. The office staff was very helpful when needed. The best part of my job was the rapport with the customers.
Productive workplace with room to grow
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2018
Great place to work with great benefits. Worked there for 5 years and was able to grow my career in the company. Great training opportunities available to prepare you for new roles in the company.
Car Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearson international air port, ON9 January 2018
get to work always with a positive attitude ready to face any challengers. start day by reviewing the new task and goals for the day, mainly to secure as much sales as possible in a day , ensuring all customers leave satisfied and happy with a want to come back to us.
there;s great team work and positive attitude which helps build up good team spirit and you end the day always on a psoitive note.
Edmonton distribution
Distribution (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2017
Lied to constantly by locations, about car needs, tell you one thing then tell my boss completely different story. Not full time as promised, you're back stabbed by to many managers, Rental locations were dishonest about needs. Managers never take your word, no job security at all. No discount on rentals for staff, got a better deal from competition even though I was staff.
Pros
Cons
To many managers who don't support staff
fun work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2017
the thrill of working at the airport and greeting all kinds of people from all walks of life as well as backgrounds was nice, but the best by far was finding little ways to put smile on those that had a long day.
Pros
making others smile
Cons
cant make everybody happy.......hard job
productive area
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
Ensure that you're in a secured role and you will never have to worry about looking over your shoulder, unless you aren't performing at all. If you're working in the call centre or as a salesperson in the stores, as long as you do your job, your job is secured. It's a great company to work for with great benefits and decent pay.
Pros
free lunch
Agency Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 September 2017
great company. i would reccomend to anyone hard working. Sometimes long hours and shifts but great pay once you have worked your way up. If you are commited it will work
good job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB18 September 2017
This was a job with a variety of duties, it was never dull, always something new to learn, and enjoyable as you got to meet a lot of different people.
Fun, open environment with a worksite gym
Customers Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB11 September 2017
They supplied on the job training. I worked in a fun, fast-paced environment answering incoming calls and placing car rental reservations in cities all over the US. Our calls were monitored for quality assurance and we were given feed back and helpful tips frequently by management. It was a shift-bid based schedule which was a bit difficult as your shifts would often change. The company provided great benefits for its employees and had an onsite gym and lunch room.
Pros
On site gym
Cons
Shift bid schedule
Flexible work enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 August 2017
I enjoyed interactions with the customers. Enjoyed the flexibility of the job. Upper management was good to deal with and always happy to help when I called.
Coworker were some what fun to be around
Vehicle Detailer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
place has bad management that only care about customer satisfaction.

pay is too low for the nature of what they expect done.

during slow times management are looking for any reason to fire you.

no diversity in the work place and too much favoritism to the people that come from the same country as the production manager, and the sales manager is a typical redneck who could care less and think he is the owner of the place
Pros
days off
Cons
working there
Very productive and competitive place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
An individuals is always busy when working here, you will never get bored. This job shows people how to work in an competitive environment and is good for experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.