Avigilon

Avigilon Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews
great location in downtown near to skytren , parking, close to food court, new office behind Telus garden. Great game and lunch room. Easy to access.
Taken over by Motorola; they're slow to change and provide less than nothing in terms of guidance for Avigilon. The ship has no captain and no one knows who is supposed to be guiding the ship.
-Extremely low pay.

-No work-life balance.

-Absolutely no career advancement.

-Team leaders do not understand the differences between authority and leadership.

-Neither English nor French was the official languages when working.

-Work place cliques.

-This company cultivate a culture of mistrust.

I knew working for Avigilon as an assembler was a bad idea before I started, but I did not know it was this bad. Working for this company only when you ran out of other options.
Pros
Free food when it is someone's birthday.
Cons
Too many to count.
I dont know how people work there, I guess no where to go I feel sorry for all these people most of them can barely speak English and desperate for a job.. too sad
fun-loving stuff. I like the work culture mostly. People are very friendly. The work stress is moderate. The only problem is with the shifts. It is either too early and too late
Perfect perfect perfect perfect
Indeed is great. Looking for opportunities

Great to find jobs

Better tool

Awesome ans amazing

World wide perfect tool
Its a fear driven place and big turnaround. Work life balance is not cared about. Managers are pressurized with fear and then its passed on to employees.

Growth of company had been good.
It's a culture based on fear and with managers who require constant overtime with minimal wage growth, you can expect yourself to be in the office until late nights cleaning up the mistakes of your superiors.
High turnover of staff. Work life balance was not very good with mandatory overtime at weekends and evenings, moreover the company cancelled the departments statutory holiday entitlement for 2019.
QA staff require written weekly report.
The manager plagiarizes other peoples work as his own, don't take responsibility instead find other as scapegoat.

The same manager lacks creative solution to solve underlying issue, steal other's idea as his own.
Pros
msi own it now
Cons
qa manager is a joke
A good workplace where there's not that much stress. Its always a place of learning when it comes to mechanical and technical. The management are approachable as well
They trust you and let you grow. They will give you challenging tasks but they will help you go through it. The problem is when you learn a lot you tend to get assigned tasks more than you can deliver on time.
I felt I was doing work for two people and I felt that I was not paid enough.
I've enjoyed trust and freedom from mgmt, and grew well in the company (2 promotions in 3 years). Fast pace environment is definitely at play here. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great products and result-focus company
Cons
Due to each department working to deliver, inter-departmental collaboration can be seen as silo-ed
Management is cut throat either perform or you are out. Hiring of managers outside of the industry with no experience. Worthless, they get in your way of your success. Hiring managers tell a great story but the reviews are spot on. This company is growing fast but with NO helpful training you are often left to fend for yourself.
My tenure with Avigilon was very unusually long, for a tech company. And I have lots of good experiences there and even more bad.
The salary range is good, for a reason. Review your decision to join CAREFULLY.
Pros
Daily Fruit offering, if you get there fast enough, industry is fast pace never boring.
Cons
Too long to list in this field or any other fields offered.
Was here for a few months as a software developer intern. Great people, worked on cool features, and learned a lot! The team was energetic and the whole engineering department was tight-knit and cool.
Pros
Snack days, great people, great culture
Cons
Can have overtime, Not much liaison with clients
For me, this place is in between good and bad. I'm standing for hours everyday and they asking us for an overtime, it seems to them that we're machines in front of their eyes ( maybe because we're not working in the office I guess).
Pros
Free fruits every monday, Free cakes for everyone when there's a birthday celebrants, very nice coworkers, good products.
Cons
This place has no idea what's going on.They compared our performance to other branches e.g. Plano, TX. Low wage salary.
Avigilon is not a place I would recommend anyone to work at. The require long hours for little pay. Little or no recognition. The work culture is managed by fear and threats. Management requires you to work most of your holidays.

They have a good product and it is selling well. Management does not know how to forecast sales and provide enough labor to meet the sales demands. Until this changes it is not a good place to work.
Pros
Co-workers are fun.
Cons
Long hours, little pay, manage by fear.
Micro Management
Great experience

Good place to start career

multinational company

Company standard and salary standards does not matches

Pressure work

Focus on quantity not quality
Do not work here. management by fear. zero work life balance. the only positive are the great people that work there who unfortunately do not last long,