Avid Technology Employee Reviews

Disappointing
Executive Assistant to SVP Products & Technology (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA5 April 2018
Employees are really talented and interesting people. Management was appalling. I worked at Avid for 6 years and would have really like to have stayed longer, but the environment was so toxic, staying there wasn't an option.
Fun and Enjoyable Workplace
Senior Team Lead (Former Employee) –  BGC Taguig City Philippines4 April 2018
Manage to improve my skills with regards to account management, team coordination, people handling and gained a lot of experience to further enhance my capability.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Payroll system
Would not recommend to a friend.
Global services (Former Employee) –  California27 March 2018
No career path. No chance for advancement.
Little guidance. No communication between groups.
A company in decline trying to put on a happy face for the outside world.
Pros
Regular pay check with medical insurance.
Cons
No job security. Very low company morale.
Excellent company
Credit Collections Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA6 March 2018
Nice working atmosphere and perfect condition for work. I enjoyed my time at Avid. The Manager and Team members welcomed me with open arms and assisted with the challenging. Environment was engaging
Avid Technology-Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bonifacio6 February 2018
I am a back up POC at Avid Technology. I am at the Audio licensing department to be exact.

I tackle difficult customers as well which is one of the hardest parts of the job. There is also heavy work load in this department but I find it really helpful because I learn to adapt and adjust as well. My communication skills have greatly improved.

People at work are very warm and helpful. So it does lighten up the load because the people and the management team are very supportive and approachable.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Severe stress, heavy workload and difficult customers from time to time
worst management in the business
SENIOR MANAGER, ARTIST RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CA6 February 2018
The products are great, but the management is horrid. Lack of industry and product knowledge leads them to make the same dumb mistakes over and over again.
Learn a ton and great people to work with and for
Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA22 January 2018
Best experience of my career in terms of career development and excellent people to work with. Best supervisor of my career was while with this company. I learned so much in my 2 years with this company that it paved the way for a lot of future opportunities.
Pros
Opportunities to learn about new technology
Cons
Worked a lot after hours
Fallen on very difficult times
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA5 January 2018
Revenue and employee morale deteriorate year after year. Major layoffs can occur at anytime. Guarantee a major lay-off at least once a year. CEO not respected or competent. Check reviews on GlassDoor. Executive staff and board of directors have no plan. Attempting to pump the stock price up at any cost (ethical or not) so that the company can be sold. 100's of millions in loans due. No way to pay the money back. What was often recognized as a top company to work for in MA is no longer even on the radar screen.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Executive staff, no direction, no job security, back-stabbing by people who are afraid they will be the next to be laid off
Avid was a great place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA18 December 2017
When I first started at Avid in 1996 it was a great place to work. As years passed and a punch of new CEO's came and went the company went down hill with no steady business direction.
Pros
Great fellow workers
Cons
No job security
Difficult but very rewarding
Director of Product Management (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA20 September 2017
Due to market upheaval in the media and entertainment space, Avid has found itself in near-perpetual reorganization. With revenues declining, pressure is on for "big hit" products. Often a product is released, but subsequent releases are slow to come. The "big hit" is a rarity to begin with, but highly unlikely with a minimum viable product in version 1.0.

Follow through is Avid's most glaring weakness, but overall the work is challenging, colleagues are smart, and customers are making some of the coolest music and films.

Product leadership is solid.
Pros
Great colleagues and customers
Cons
Frequent reorgs and downsizing due to external market conditions
Chill Environment
KNOWLEDGE CONTENT EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Taguig14 September 2017
Not stressful. Working here is very relaxed because the other employees share the same interests as me so we bond over that. Salary is not that very high but is reasonable.
program manager
Marketing Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA6 September 2017
Worked in a fast paced environment and had to be adaptable to change on a dime. The CEO was a bit tyrannical and thought he was better than all his employees
Pros
industry advancements
Cons
culture
professional and stimulating environment
Senior Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA27 August 2017
Culture was fun and innovative, especially in early stages - a real start up mentality. They were nimble and lean. Not a lot of bureaucracy. You were able to get things done - people analyzed and made decisions. Due to digital audio industry, many talented musicians (users of product) - this is where I gained a lot of supplier management skills and cross functional team experience in new product releases.
number of years at Avid
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA18 June 2017
My years at Avid have been a wonderful experience I have learned a lot and all of the management staff are great to work and will always get full support
Cool products, great people but management seems lost
Senior PCB Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  taiwan4 May 2017
Create cool products, great people around especially in my group. but ever since I joined, yearly have a lay off. so, job security is a big question there.
Pros
talented people, nice to wortk with
Cons
Yearly have a lay off
Great part time work if your available
IT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Nationwide1 May 2017
Not a bad work...but being asked to take a pay cut multiple times a year gets old fast.
Currently not taking work because of a pay cut after work was completed.
Pros
Random work
Cons
No stability
Results oriented Corporate Recruiter with experience in Agency, IT Consulting and Corporate environments
Senior Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA30 March 2017
Very collaborative and team oriented, cool products and technology, leader in the entertainment/media and Broadcast industry, great location, nice campus.
Pros
Great people, great products, entertainment and media industry is cool
Cons
layoffs every year
Fast paced creative environment
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  McFarland, WI4 February 2017
Much of the engineering staff is in Europe so scrum meetings usually start the day. Followed by grooming and design sessions.
There are program update and product owner team meetings interspersed depending on the day.

My role required interaction with various departments so I would have discussions with Marketing, Support, Documentation and occasionally vertical reporting to VP level management.

I believe there are good people in management but they seem to get distracted and aren't always aligned vertically as I'd expect. It can create confusion and uncertainty about priorities and vision for those responsible for actually delivering solutions.

The hardest part for me recently was the budget restrictions that prohibited travel. When launching new initiatives it's always good to have a kickoff summit with the component owners. Doing this via remote meeting and power point isn't the same as face to face team/relationship building for the foundation of a successful product launch.

I enjoyed several aspects of my various roles as Product Manager, Product Owner, Team Lead, QA engineer, Support Manager, IS Manager. Mostly it was the team building and bringing over 10 new products to market from inception to public release. I've been fortunate enough to be part of multiple teams that exceed release and quality expectations. Though there were countless times we pushed ourselves past preconceived boundaries, we did it and all felt great pride in our accomplishments.
Avid always encouraged two of my strengths (creativity and initiative) which created a positive
  more... environment.  less
Pros
Creative, smart coworkers. Good pay. Exciting industry.
Cons
Although the industry is exciting, it's also volatile. Vertical communication could be better.
Look elsewhere
Executive Assistant to Sr. VP Global Services (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA26 January 2017
Avid is quickly sinking. I suggest you pass on them. I suspect within a year's time all products will have been divested and the company will be sold.
Pros
great people (who are left)
Cons
CEO needs to be fired
This is OK company in term of job work and compesation. However the job sercurity is below the average.
Senior Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MA17 January 2017
Work as a team membertry to meet the target schedule dead line on each project.
Learn the mistakes and avoid them on the next project.
Need to plan to put more hours to finish the projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avid Technology. Our community is ready to answer.