avenue living Management reviews

good
FACILITY MAINTANENCE (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK26 April 2018
good job, worked in maintenance and
good management
good pay compensation
did not have any complaints and would definitely work for this company again
Avenue living is no good to work for they hire u for 3 months then let u go
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 November 2017
They hire and fire every 3-6 months they are scum
Avenue living is no good to work for they hire u for 3 months then let u go ..................
Pros
Non
Cons
Lots to many things to list
Amazing people to work with
Pest Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 October 2017
Everyday is a great day at work. The jobs at task are exactly what would be expected for the position. Everyone helps every, and management is the best I have worked for in a very long time. I'm sad to be leaving such amazing people on October 31st 2017.
Worst pkace to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB23 September 2017
Worst company ever. Think twice before applying. Do yourself a favor and run as fast as you can in other direction.

You are a number and everyone can be replaced . Such high turn overs in staff too.
Pros
Cons
Everyrhing else
Working at Avenue Living
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
Some of the most dedicated, talented and intelligent people I've met work here - these individuals do the work of entire teams of people at comparable organizations and in my opinion they do it better. These people believe in and support the growth of the company. Whether its MA's who work tirelessly to ensure buildings are in good condition, directors who ensure that they are visiting their buildings regularly or the executives who stay late every evening these people truly believe in the company and want to participate in making something to be proud of.
Pros
As listed above
Cons
must be a self starter and create or suggest solutions
Very Productive and Great Place to Work!
Leasing and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Swift Current, SK12 August 2017
I have had the pleasure of working and growing
with this great company for about 6 yrs now. I started my career with them in Medicine Hat Alberta as a Sales and Service Associate.

I then transferred to Regina Sask and now I am in Swift Current Sask where I manage all of our 11 Apt Bldgs here for the last 3.5 yrs. I have worked with so many awesome people in many of our other Centers, through out Saskatchewan and Alberta.

We are a fast growing company, and our Customer Service standard is excellent. The staff take great pride in the work they do everyday, and it shows.

The management teams are very supportive, and want to see you succeed and grow with the company. There is lots of opportunity for advancement if you work hard.

We work together as a team, and if anyone ever needs extra job support then extra training and support is always provided.

It's a great place to work if you like a challenge and like to bring great ideas to your team. Be prepared to work hard as a little team competition is always fun.
Pros
Great people in all of our Centers to work with, including the Call Center Staff and head office staff.
Cons
You will work long hours some days.
Extraordinary ability to learn and teach
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
For the past two years I have had the pleasure working with Avenue Living not only in my starting position as a Call Center agent but in our legal team an now our revenue management team. Promoting within the company is what has allowed me to be in the position I am in today and expand my experience and understanding not only within our company both the rental market, customer relations and customer service. I have learned so much in my travels from my co-workers and especially my mangers; their knowledge and ability to teach is what has influenced my career choice. Avenue Living has also given me extraordinary experience and allowed me to grow at my own pace while offering very competitive wages and a balanced work life. The support Avenue Living offers in all aspects of work and personal life is phenomenal! A ear to listen, a hand to help and a home away from home.
Great Teams, Management and Opportunity for Advancement
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
The part I enjoyed most about working at Avenue Living was the people. In two separate divisions, I worked on teams that were helpful, smart and hardworking, but also very humble.

I have a lot of respect for all my coworkers at Avenue Living and felt they treated me the same way! Great place to work, be ready to work hard, learn lots and meet some great people!
Pros
Great Teams and Management, Opportunity for Advancement
Productive and fast moving work-place
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2017
Avenue living provides a lot of opportunity to grow with the company and expand your knowledge base. It's a great culture and has helped me grow in my career tremendously! There is never a dull or typical day, as you are continuously being challenged and asked to deliver new tasks. The management team was consistent, fair and great with communication. The employees are great to work with, are enthusiastic and kind. I am thankful for my days at avenue living, as I learned so much in the time I was there. I continue to encourage individuals to join avenue living, as the company continues to grow nationwide.
Pros
Great company culture, company events, job advancement
what a hole!
Resident Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2017
Worked there for about 6 weeks, was hired as a resident retention specialist. Previously worked for another rental company which avenue living's president picked my brain over the differences between the 2 companies. Buildings are all low class and overrun with gangs/drug dealers/prostitution rings. Was let go during my probation so got a poor reason for being let go. Would never recommend anyone work for or live with avenue living. Office administrator is a huge problem for the company.
Pros
some nice staff
Cons
Weird hours, poor management, run down buildings
Worst Job I Have Ever Had
Leasing Soecialist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 March 2017
I have been in the workforce for over 15 years, working in various fields and many positions. This is, by far, the worst job I have ever had. Funny thing is, after working here for 1 month, they let me go without any reason or feedback. It was fine because I had been looking for another job anyways. The entire company is severely understaffed, you are required to do work which should be at least 3-4 people doing. They put you on a super low salary which you can't live off then expect you to work 12 hour days. They expect you to check in whenever they request and take any task that comes to you from head office. They make the benefits, bonuses, and perks sound so good, but in reality they are terrible.
This company is a mess. They don't hire based on fit, potential, or aptitude, they aren't willing to give proper training or oversight to their employees. They fire employees all the time for no reason. It was an ongoing joke amongst the employees who worked in the same location I did, and I heard numerous stories about all the people they had fired for the smallest most insignificant things.The regional manager had started just a couple weeks before me and quit my second week there. They have the highest turnaround rate I have ever, ever seen.
And don't even get me started on the work you are actually doing. To keep it simple, they are shady, shady slum lords, who rip their tenants off and force them to live in deplorable conditions. The most depressing job I have EVER had.
Do. not. work. here.
Pros
Cons
Underpaid, disgusting work, management who has no idea what they're doing or how to run a business, dangerous work, gross office
typical day at avenue living
CUSTODIAN & CLEANER..Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 February 2017
management was a complete disaster..was treated poorly most of the time..over worked..mistreated..

I learned to keep ur head down,,try not to draw any attention to urself,,good or bad.,ur hard work wasnt ever appreciated..

My co workers were mostly fun ,,hard working folks..or straight up lazy and avoided work at any cost..

taking the verbal abuse and micro management from direct boss and others in the organization from head office

I luved working outside,,it was always something different..in ur work day,,being always on the move,,working hard..keeping my crew positive and pumped to attack every new challenge..that came at us in a work day
Pros
always on the move traveling the city daily with my crew.
Cons
hard to find a bathroom sometimes..
Was a great place to work but went down hill
customer care (Former Employee) –  main office21 February 2017
When first starting with the company it was a great place to work. But after time we found there were no raises and management lacked of listening of workers. When trying to help tenants we were stuck with having to bend truths as our hands are tied. Never have a seen a company that didn't seem to put customers as a priority.
Pros
some of the coworkers
Cons
management
Proud to work for Avenue Living
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 January 2017
I was recently asked by a friend how I liked being a part of avenue living and if I was planning on staying with them or was I looking to change companies? Without hesitation I told him yes to the first and no to the second. Why? Simple.

After nearly four years with avenue living I still feel the same excitement as I did when I first came to this company. The company is forward thinking, progressive, solid and stable. They care about their employees and strive to provide a place for them to feel at home and respected as individuals.

Avenue living is pro active in finding ways to encourage employees to grow within the company and within themselves all the while putting the emphasis on family. With 40 years in this field of work I find that refreshing as it has not always been the case with former employers. From the front line staff to the call center to the sales agents to upper management and every one in between, it is all about being part of something worthwhile and rewarding - Team avenue living

I am proud to be a member of the avenue living family and plan on being part of it’s growth and development for a very long time.
Pros
Great company, very team focused
slum landlord
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
expected to do repairs with nothing, doing half assed job like putting make up on a pig. Lucky if pay check is valid. Can't pay bills go months without being able to purchase supplies. Too little staff to work load and too many demands. Blogs. becoming old and dilapidated.
Pros
fellow workers
Cons
supervision and upper management
The truth is harsh
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK19 November 2016
My words and time are too valuable to waste on this company. If you apply and you will get hired. You'll get what you deserve. Red flags everywhere. Apply if you like having your human rights violated.
Pros
You will get fired
Cons
You will get hired
Local staff are fine, until the job slowly crushes everyones souls
Not actually sure (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2016
A typical day at work.
Arrive in the morning at 7:30... almost always before the three managers who are meant to be there to direct everyone for the day. Maintenance and cleaning staff search the warehouse for materials needed for the day, but because Avenue Living often don't pay the accounts, vendors refuse to sell to us. Instead everyone goes to Home Depot several times a day, who will also close our account any given day.
Everybody's time is wasted.
While local staff (maintenance/cleaners) are all working hard, managers come and go (often for the day) and delegate jobs to certain staff members who get no extra benefits for going above and beyond. Quite often they don't know what to do, and nothing gets done.

The hardest part of the job was not letting management know how dumb they are as I watch everything crumble around me. Talented staff are let go, because goals aren't being reached even though every week managers fudge the numbers they send to head office.

The most enjoyable part of the job is all the local staff bonding over the hate for the company.
Pros
Sometimes if we lie enough to head office, we get a pizza lunch
Cons
no parking, no intelligence.
Sell your soul for Evil Corp
Maintance (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK,1 November 2016
If you enjoy being tracked, scrutinized and being just a number apply here . No position is safe, even the managers . Work integrity is low, morale is low, phones are tracked, and head office doesn't micromanages everything and doesnt give any credit for your hard work.
Pros
Local staff
Cons
Too many to list
Very poorly managed company.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB31 July 2016
This company lies about what it has to offer its employees. Management likes to try to force employees to do whatever they want. They use scare tactics to get what they want. They don't care about their employees. They never pay their bills either. As a former employee I say many times that accounts with suppliers closed for good and others closed until a payment is received. They don't want to put any money out just take from anyone and everyone. In my opinion "THEY ARE CORUPT"
Cons
Employees are great to work with, but poorly managed.
Maintenance Co-ordinator/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2016
Coordinating all work orders for almost a 1000 doors for maintenance personnel in Edmonton to address any and all maintenance issues for residential and commercial tenants. Coordinating with outside vendors to repair or replace/repair equipment that was beyond my maintenance department capabilities.

Checking on my teams progress with issues or concerns throughout the day in the other 13 centers across western Canada.

My fellow co-workers were great to work with. We all worked very hard each day to make sure productivity was there, and tenants needs were looked after as soon as possible.

The hardest part of the job was the cash flow problem the company seemed to have on an on going basis. Vendors not being paid properly. Trying to get parts needed at retail outlets, due to hold on credit. Getting calls from vendors as to when they can expect payment.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Upper Management