avenue living Employee Reviews

Bad times
Call Centre Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2018
This Place was dark. Scummiest company in Canada. Responsible for leaving hundreds homeless from spiking rent consistently. I could feel my soul darken from working there.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Working for the god dam devil
Totally different company from 6 months ago!
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2018
I started at Avenue Living just over 6 months ago and it was a pretty negative place.
Since then, we have moved offices to a beautiful and inclusive space, we have hired 80+ people and the CEO has opened his office for every and any employee to talk to him about what is not working within the company, and how to fix it.

The morale here has completely changed! Everyone is so excited for the future of Avenue Living Communities- It is really inspiring to see so many passionate people working towards a common goal.

There is now a focus on Customer Service and what we can do to improve. We have hired many new roles and continue to expand to ensure we have the right people in place.

We are now focusing on what are and are not acceptable standards and a lot of work is being done to improve our buildings and our customer's experience.
I feel valued, and I love that the company is open to suggestions. The CEO literally made sure that one of my suggestions came to fruition. I have only ever worked for larger corporations, where your voice is rarely heard and your ideas are shut down. This company is a breath of fresh air!
Pros
Great people, everyone is open to suggestions on improving. If you are an idea's person- You will love it here!
Cons
There are no standards or training resources, you have to learn as you go. But it is being worked on!
putting people into a failed work place that can not provide proper service.
Maintance Associate, (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB1 August 2018
This company will not help make your life any easier. Just puts a face for tenants to scream and abuse. They do not care about the worker just the profits. For that matter they don't care about the tenants either.
Pros
there is nothing good
Cons
everything about the place
good
FACILITY MAINTANENCE (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK26 April 2018
good job, worked in maintenance and
good management
good pay compensation
did not have any complaints and would definitely work for this company again
Avenue living is no good to work for they hire u for 3 months then let u go
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 November 2017
They hire and fire every 3-6 months they are scum
Avenue living is no good to work for they hire u for 3 months then let u go ..................
Pros
Non
Cons
Lots to many things to list
Amazing people to work with
Pest Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 October 2017
Everyday is a great day at work. The jobs at task are exactly what would be expected for the position. Everyone helps every, and management is the best I have worked for in a very long time. I'm sad to be leaving such amazing people on October 31st 2017.
Worst pkace to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB23 September 2017
Worst company ever. Think twice before applying. Do yourself a favor and run as fast as you can in other direction.

You are a number and everyone can be replaced . Such high turn overs in staff too.
Pros
Cons
Everyrhing else
Stayed Longer Than I Should Have..
To Many Job Titles To List (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2017
My typical day meant doing tasks that had nothing to do wit my job title. Over worked and under paid. When a team member would leave the team they would simply give there tasks to someone else without an raise for taking on the new work load. As you can imagine after awhile the work adds up to where the amount of work you need to get done doesn't even add up to what your approved to work in a month. Most management there treats you like your nothing and easily replaced. When most magament doesn't even know what your job intails because they are also extermly over worked, but they get the correct pay, so they don't care about you. When requested a raise after 2 years at the company and lots of extra work load you basically get laughed at. This is an ok company if you want to stay at the bottom, as soon as you get into something other than the call center can you expect your life to be hard and not worth the stress and you will find yourself saying "I don't get paid enough for this"

Daily problems include dealing with tenants that you agree with but have to defend the company and the cash flow issue the company has.You will find yourself frustrated talking to anyone in management.

The only good thing is that most co-workers act like friends and would agree with this statement, the only mistake I made was staying there as long as i did before I realized this was the toxic in my life.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, the company
Great life experience with great surroundings
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Main office16 August 2017
Customer service is always difficult, however working here made everything a lot easier. Everyone worked as a team and supported one another as well as provided helpful instructions. Could not have asked for a better place to work.
Pros
Incentive competitions
Cons
People can be mean when dealing with customer service as they are often upset
Great People
Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 August 2017
Avenue Living has a great team that's focused on delivering results while having fun at the same time. Many of the team members have been with the company for several years, making it easy to ask for help when needed.
Pros
Co-workers are very friendly and pleasant to work with
Cons
If you're not comfortable being uncomfortable, this place isn't for you
Great place to learn and work, wonderful coworkers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
I've had the pleasure of being a summer student in the call centre this year, and saying I've had a blast would be an understatement. The people in the office are so friendly and make coming to work that much easier on an early morning. The job itself can present some challenges, but the life skills being learned everyday make each day a new lesson. I've never had a job quite the same like the one I have right now, and I'll be sad to be leaving at the end of the summer. Amazing workplace and even more amazing people at Avenue Living!
Pros
Amazing and funny coworkers, learning how to deal with customers, awesome environment
Working at Avenue Living
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
Some of the most dedicated, talented and intelligent people I've met work here - these individuals do the work of entire teams of people at comparable organizations and in my opinion they do it better. These people believe in and support the growth of the company. Whether its MA's who work tirelessly to ensure buildings are in good condition, directors who ensure that they are visiting their buildings regularly or the executives who stay late every evening these people truly believe in the company and want to participate in making something to be proud of.
Pros
As listed above
Cons
must be a self starter and create or suggest solutions
Very Productive and Great Place to Work!
Leasing and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Swift Current, SK12 August 2017
I have had the pleasure of working and growing
with this great company for about 6 yrs now. I started my career with them in Medicine Hat Alberta as a Sales and Service Associate.

I then transferred to Regina Sask and now I am in Swift Current Sask where I manage all of our 11 Apt Bldgs here for the last 3.5 yrs. I have worked with so many awesome people in many of our other Centers, through out Saskatchewan and Alberta.

We are a fast growing company, and our Customer Service standard is excellent. The staff take great pride in the work they do everyday, and it shows.

The management teams are very supportive, and want to see you succeed and grow with the company. There is lots of opportunity for advancement if you work hard.

We work together as a team, and if anyone ever needs extra job support then extra training and support is always provided.

It's a great place to work if you like a challenge and like to bring great ideas to your team. Be prepared to work hard as a little team competition is always fun.
Pros
Great people in all of our Centers to work with, including the Call Center Staff and head office staff.
Cons
You will work long hours some days.
Extraordinary ability to learn and teach
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
For the past two years I have had the pleasure working with Avenue Living not only in my starting position as a Call Center agent but in our legal team an now our revenue management team. Promoting within the company is what has allowed me to be in the position I am in today and expand my experience and understanding not only within our company both the rental market, customer relations and customer service. I have learned so much in my travels from my co-workers and especially my mangers; their knowledge and ability to teach is what has influenced my career choice. Avenue Living has also given me extraordinary experience and allowed me to grow at my own pace while offering very competitive wages and a balanced work life. The support Avenue Living offers in all aspects of work and personal life is phenomenal! A ear to listen, a hand to help and a home away from home.
Exciting and Growing Work Place
Southern Alberta Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 August 2017
I have worked with Avenue Living for just over two years. Started from Sales Agent to expanding my knowledge within the company and sharing my knowledge of over 11 years. Have watched the company take leaps and bounds from renovating properties and suites and turning them in to a ideal place residents love to call home.
The work environment has been wonderful. If you dont know the answer, there is always someone willing to help you and give advise.
With working together in a great team environment, it has been encouraging watching the company grow and the great staff we all get to work with.
Pros
Every day is different situations one deals with.
Cons
Some days are longer as more work some days then others, but these are made up for on the slower days.
Great Teams, Management and Opportunity for Advancement
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
The part I enjoyed most about working at Avenue Living was the people. In two separate divisions, I worked on teams that were helpful, smart and hardworking, but also very humble.

I have a lot of respect for all my coworkers at Avenue Living and felt they treated me the same way! Great place to work, be ready to work hard, learn lots and meet some great people!
Pros
Great Teams and Management, Opportunity for Advancement
Productive and fast moving work-place
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2017
Avenue living provides a lot of opportunity to grow with the company and expand your knowledge base. It's a great culture and has helped me grow in my career tremendously! There is never a dull or typical day, as you are continuously being challenged and asked to deliver new tasks. The management team was consistent, fair and great with communication. The employees are great to work with, are enthusiastic and kind. I am thankful for my days at avenue living, as I learned so much in the time I was there. I continue to encourage individuals to join avenue living, as the company continues to grow nationwide.
Pros
Great company culture, company events, job advancement
Fast Growing company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2017
I have had the pleasure to work at Avenue Living for over two years. The company is growing fast and takes pride in promoting from within to support that growth. mangment consistenly looks to all personnel of any greade for innovations, ideas and suggestions to increase the success of the company as a whole and to better the workplace environment. It is a great place for outside the box thinkers to gain experience, diversify their skillset and be given the opporuntiuy to take on more challendaes and assume greater responsibility within the company. With a "no one left behine" attitude, the employee culture is supportive approachable and all in all a great group of people.
Pros
Co-workers, upward mobility
Cons
The work can be extremely challenging
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2017
I have had the pleasure of working in several different departments in the last year at Avenue Living. Starting in the call center I've had the change to learn more and grow. Coming to work on a daily basis is a treat with new tasks and the opportunity to learn more. Also, with such a a good team that gets along and can accomplish such amazing goals its hard to stay away. Definitely a great team to be a part of.
Pros
Team, advancement
Cons
Nothing really there is always lots to learn
what a hole!
Resident Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2017
Worked there for about 6 weeks, was hired as a resident retention specialist. Previously worked for another rental company which avenue living's president picked my brain over the differences between the 2 companies. Buildings are all low class and overrun with gangs/drug dealers/prostitution rings. Was let go during my probation so got a poor reason for being let go. Would never recommend anyone work for or live with avenue living. Office administrator is a huge problem for the company.
Pros
some nice staff
Cons
Weird hours, poor management, run down buildings