avenue living Employee Reviews

Team oriented and very professional colleagues!
Operations Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2019
The last five years have been amazing working with very professional and committed individuals. The growth and improvements have been so tremendous! I believe all these recent delopment ae changes in the right direction. Way to go ALC!!!
Pros
Flexibility
If You Have An Ounce Of Self Respect:& Integrity: Don't, Just Don't
LRS (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 January 2019
Disclaimer: This is solely my opinion and based on my experience working there.
Hired as an LSR the training was awful and to short. once yo completed your short training you are thrown out of the pan and into the fire. As LSR you are not just a Leasing Agent, you are a property manager with a portfolio of 10 + skid row buildings. The main focus in "Sign That Lease At All Costs" which gives you zero time to do any of the property management duties. You are expected to show up at least an hour earlier then your shift starts and stay until all paperwork is done. It is very micro managed with absolutely no organization. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. 99% of the tenants in 100% of all their properties are bottom of the barrel of society. The frustration of my fellow local LSR's are the same. The pay is below minimum wage if you calculate your salary vs the actual hrs worked. The call centre is completely useless and disorganized. The Sales Manager, says she has your back always except when upper management is shoving statistics and goals down her throat. Expect high stress, zero down time and prolonged work weeks, your scheduled days off either disappear by management or you feel pressured to come in on your days off to finish off everything or get caught up for the next work week as you are doing the duties of at least 5 different positions. My only positive experience was that I learned MRI software and 2 of my LSR's were great to work with.

Over all there was no actual enjoyment with this company except the day ghosted them. They over inflate
  more... actual/optimized market rates (2007 Market Value) so that their incentive rates, which are actual market rates, look good on paper. It was an embarrassment to me and my dignity on showing do called renovated suites in depreciated buildings and neighborhoods and lying to prospective tenants on how on the ball the company is on caring for their tenants.  less
Pros
MRI Training, Free Downtown Parking 24/7/365 Some of my colleagues are top notch
Cons
Disorganized, Slave Labour, Shady, Very Dishonest.
steady pay check, chaotic evironment
Maintenance Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2019
work evironment
No matter how good you are, this place will make you look bad. It is all about quantity and time no regard for quality.

Pay check is always on time. compensation is Average. People doing the same job get paid differently. As maintenance Associate, you get paid between $18 and $26 an hour. I guess it is based on experience and education but it seems unfair when everyone does exactly the same work. some Maintenance associate who have been there longer are still making $18 an hour while late comers are making $25 an hour. They pay time and a half for overtime.

Management:
Management is is chaotic. Many of the managers are rude and lacking people skills plus they know littlet about the jobs. They write employees up unjustly. They have no clue of any management procedure. There is a saying the if you want to last longer at Avenue Living, "shut up and do what you are told". Absolutely no employee is happy working for this company!

Employees relations:
Inter-employees relationship is the only lifeline at Avenue Living. Employees do get along and console each others very well. Less politics. First of all, no time to talk since everyone is being timed. However, employees still help each others in time of need. If you are not sure about a task, as your fellow employee not the boss.
Pros
Steady and timely paid check
Cons
Rude and incompetent managers, disarray working evironment
management needs to work on building a better company culture
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2019
Great people are brought on and heavily relied upon to make changes and get more work done than being paid. Turnover is extremely high. You never know why or when someone is going to be let go, greatly skilled hard workers will randomly be let go which makes it stressful since you never know if you are next. loved my job mainly because it's the career path I chose nothing to do with the company.
Sad that management can't seem to fix the easiest part of this growing company which is to make their employees feel as if they matter and job security. Their focus is heavily on growing and profits for themselves vs the people working and living in their apartments.
WAKE UP!!!! the reviews aren't what they are for no reason these are real people who wanted to speak up and be heard.
Pros
great people enjoyed my job
Cons
company needs a facelift
Enjoyed my time and experience there
maintenance man (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 October 2018
Good place to work ,good people and a chance to learn aton of stuff ...i enjoyed the workplace ..
In a day i would travel to many locations doing various work.
Painting ,Cleaning ,Maintenance work ..
Etc
Good people
good pay
Pros
Gas money
Cons
Bedbugs
Bad times
Call Centre Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2018
This Place was dark. Scummiest company in Canada. Responsible for leaving hundreds homeless from spiking rent consistently. I could feel my soul darken from working there.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Working for the god dam devil
Totally different company from 6 months ago!
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2018
I started at Avenue Living just over 6 months ago and it was a pretty negative place.
Since then, we have moved offices to a beautiful and inclusive space, we have hired 80+ people and the CEO has opened his office for every and any employee to talk to him about what is not working within the company, and how to fix it.

The morale here has completely changed! Everyone is so excited for the future of Avenue Living Communities- It is really inspiring to see so many passionate people working towards a common goal.

There is now a focus on Customer Service and what we can do to improve. We have hired many new roles and continue to expand to ensure we have the right people in place.

We are now focusing on what are and are not acceptable standards and a lot of work is being done to improve our buildings and our customer's experience.
I feel valued, and I love that the company is open to suggestions. The CEO literally made sure that one of my suggestions came to fruition. I have only ever worked for larger corporations, where your voice is rarely heard and your ideas are shut down. This company is a breath of fresh air!
Pros
Great people, everyone is open to suggestions on improving. If you are an idea's person- You will love it here!
Cons
There are no standards or training resources, you have to learn as you go. But it is being worked on!
putting people into a failed work place that can not provide proper service.
Maintance Associate, (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB1 August 2018
This company will not help make your life any easier. Just puts a face for tenants to scream and abuse. They do not care about the worker just the profits. For that matter they don't care about the tenants either.
Pros
there is nothing good
Cons
everything about the place
laid back easy job but doesnt pay at all
Janitorial Services (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB22 May 2018
no benefits and very slow with little to do through the day didn't teach me much just more common sense hardest part of the job was cleaning out the bugs from apartments
Pros
laid back
Cons
low pay
good
FACILITY MAINTANENCE (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK26 April 2018
good job, worked in maintenance and
good management
good pay compensation
did not have any complaints and would definitely work for this company again
Avenue living is no good to work for they hire u for 3 months then let u go
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 November 2017
They hire and fire every 3-6 months they are scum
Avenue living is no good to work for they hire u for 3 months then let u go ..................
Pros
Non
Cons
Lots to many things to list
Amazing people to work with
Pest Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 October 2017
Everyday is a great day at work. The jobs at task are exactly what would be expected for the position. Everyone helps every, and management is the best I have worked for in a very long time. I'm sad to be leaving such amazing people on October 31st 2017.
Worst pkace to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB23 September 2017
Worst company ever. Think twice before applying. Do yourself a favor and run as fast as you can in other direction.

You are a number and everyone can be replaced . Such high turn overs in staff too.
Pros
Cons
Everyrhing else
Stayed Longer Than I Should Have..
To Many Job Titles To List (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2017
My typical day meant doing tasks that had nothing to do wit my job title. Over worked and under paid. When a team member would leave the team they would simply give there tasks to someone else without an raise for taking on the new work load. As you can imagine after awhile the work adds up to where the amount of work you need to get done doesn't even add up to what your approved to work in a month. Most management there treats you like your nothing and easily replaced. When most magament doesn't even know what your job intails because they are also extermly over worked, but they get the correct pay, so they don't care about you. When requested a raise after 2 years at the company and lots of extra work load you basically get laughed at. This is an ok company if you want to stay at the bottom, as soon as you get into something other than the call center can you expect your life to be hard and not worth the stress and you will find yourself saying "I don't get paid enough for this"

Daily problems include dealing with tenants that you agree with but have to defend the company and the cash flow issue the company has.You will find yourself frustrated talking to anyone in management.

The only good thing is that most co-workers act like friends and would agree with this statement, the only mistake I made was staying there as long as i did before I realized this was the toxic in my life.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, the company
Great People
Finance Department (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 August 2017
Avenue Living has a great team that's focused on delivering results while having fun at the same time. Many of the team members have been with the company for several years, making it easy to ask for help when needed.
Pros
Co-workers are very friendly and pleasant to work with
Cons
If you're not comfortable being uncomfortable, this place isn't for you
Great place to learn and work, wonderful coworkers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
I've had the pleasure of being a summer student in the call centre this year, and saying I've had a blast would be an understatement. The people in the office are so friendly and make coming to work that much easier on an early morning. The job itself can present some challenges, but the life skills being learned everyday make each day a new lesson. I've never had a job quite the same like the one I have right now, and I'll be sad to be leaving at the end of the summer. Amazing workplace and even more amazing people at Avenue Living!
Pros
Amazing and funny coworkers, learning how to deal with customers, awesome environment
Working at Avenue Living
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
Some of the most dedicated, talented and intelligent people I've met work here - these individuals do the work of entire teams of people at comparable organizations and in my opinion they do it better. These people believe in and support the growth of the company. Whether its MA's who work tirelessly to ensure buildings are in good condition, directors who ensure that they are visiting their buildings regularly or the executives who stay late every evening these people truly believe in the company and want to participate in making something to be proud of.
Pros
As listed above
Cons
must be a self starter and create or suggest solutions
Very Productive and Great Place to Work!
Leasing and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Swift Current, SK12 August 2017
I have had the pleasure of working and growing
with this great company for about 6 yrs now. I started my career with them in Medicine Hat Alberta as a Sales and Service Associate.

I then transferred to Regina Sask and now I am in Swift Current Sask where I manage all of our 11 Apt Bldgs here for the last 3.5 yrs. I have worked with so many awesome people in many of our other Centers, through out Saskatchewan and Alberta.

We are a fast growing company, and our Customer Service standard is excellent. The staff take great pride in the work they do everyday, and it shows.

The management teams are very supportive, and want to see you succeed and grow with the company. There is lots of opportunity for advancement if you work hard.

We work together as a team, and if anyone ever needs extra job support then extra training and support is always provided.

It's a great place to work if you like a challenge and like to bring great ideas to your team. Be prepared to work hard as a little team competition is always fun.
Pros
Great people in all of our Centers to work with, including the Call Center Staff and head office staff.
Cons
You will work long hours some days.
Extraordinary ability to learn and teach
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
For the past two years I have had the pleasure working with Avenue Living not only in my starting position as a Call Center agent but in our legal team an now our revenue management team. Promoting within the company is what has allowed me to be in the position I am in today and expand my experience and understanding not only within our company both the rental market, customer relations and customer service. I have learned so much in my travels from my co-workers and especially my mangers; their knowledge and ability to teach is what has influenced my career choice. Avenue Living has also given me extraordinary experience and allowed me to grow at my own pace while offering very competitive wages and a balanced work life. The support Avenue Living offers in all aspects of work and personal life is phenomenal! A ear to listen, a hand to help and a home away from home.
Exciting and Growing Work Place
Southern Alberta Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 August 2017
I have worked with Avenue Living for just over two years. Started from Sales Agent to expanding my knowledge within the company and sharing my knowledge of over 11 years. Have watched the company take leaps and bounds from renovating properties and suites and turning them in to a ideal place residents love to call home.
The work environment has been wonderful. If you dont know the answer, there is always someone willing to help you and give advise.
With working together in a great team environment, it has been encouraging watching the company grow and the great staff we all get to work with.
Pros
Every day is different situations one deals with.
Cons
Some days are longer as more work some days then others, but these are made up for on the slower days.