avenue living

avenue living Employee Reviews

Canada94 reviews
Not a good company to rent from or work for
Not a great company to live in or work for thats just my opinion , just when you think everything is good they let you go, they don't have proper training, if they did it might be better
Great place to work if you like hard work.
My strong suit is be able to work independently, which this company encouraged and required. Get it done, get it right, get it done on time. Check, check and check.
Not recommended
Unsafe area
Toxic work environment

Terrible coworkers

Not structured at work

Terrible work equipment

On call system was a waste

Curb appeal was awful
Productive and ready to learn a new thing.
Since you are dealing with community oriented you have to be a good listener and multi task and be sensitive to every details.
The management do not give equal opportunity especially to the immigrant,
Horrible management and company
The work culture at avenue living was by far the most horrendous I have ever experienced at any job I have ever worked at. The worst part is even the Managers and CEO do not care about the condition of their own properties. They have a horrible reputation for increasing rent to their tenants with no prior warning. During July they had a major lay off of about 12 people with no warning. I would avoid this company completely even if they try to sell you a story of advancement and respect. They only care about themselves and looking good on paper. Some of their buildings look about ready to collapse at any minute. If you can avoid it, rent from a company with integrity that actually care about the well being of their tenants.
Horrible management
After my interview, I never saw the guy again. He was an overseer of the branch and very easy to talk to.
That was pretty much the last of my good experience working w/the management. From there on in, their only concerns were how many units they could get rented per month.

Management was very ignorant to the concerns of quality control & labourer relations
General contractor
Renovation 3 buildings in consideration 90 unit we had problem with metryal to deliver at the time and we had stalling tools experience from Talent they have access to the unit after they left and we have witnesses tell us what happened and the payments was so low but in general great expectations with the head office in Calgary
Faced paced environment
Very family oriented company. I would for sure work there again. Faced paced environment. Good staff in the local office. Flexible and understanding people.
Poor management
Poor management and did not give performance reviews they also tried to make you do work that was not descibed in your position they also would not pay for the overtime hours that a person does while on call for the company
Excellent compnay
Great company to work.Awesome salary benefits stress free job
Love it!

Good knowledge better for career growth and opportunities.

I am happy avenue living gave me a opportunity to be a part of company.
Poor corporate culture stemming from a lack of leadership at Head Office
Two many personalities at the head office to please. A larger than the normal number of staff turnover at the executive management and lower management levels.
Pros
Compensation package was fair and the work was enjoyable, satisfying.
Cons
Poor corporate culture stemming from Head Office. Lack of leadership.
Don't Work For These People
I worked here for almost 5 years pushing myself to the breaking point for these people for absolutely nothing. Had to literally fight to get a 50 cent raise and that was all I saw within those 5 years. No other raises or bonuses, nothing. I went above and beyond what my job description entailed and was only ever seen as a number. They overwork you to the point where you cry every morning because you just don't want to show up anymore. If you do work for them make sure you keep a close eye on your vacation and sick pay, as well as your clocked in hours.
They laid off all of the cleaners and landscapers in Camrose and Wetaskiwin and immediately replaced us with contractors. Don't bother wasting your time and energy working for these people.

Employees and tenants are always just numbers, they will never truly care about anyone but themselves.

Myself and others who worked there for longer than me, people who dedicated all of their time and energy here, just got thrown to the side like trash. There's so many cons apart from what I've already said, this is just a brief summary.

Only consider applying here if you like constant anxiety and being stepped on.
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Cons
Absolutely Everything
Disgusting people.
I watched this company refuse to pay someone on AISH his damage deposit back. Because of that, he ended up homeless. The accountant actually laughed. I quit on the spot. Horrible company.
Run far away!
They suck! They do not care about you at all! I've known quite a few people that just got let go for no reason. Long hours, disrespect, no life, no much money!
Horrible place to work highly suggest skipping over the apply button.
Management are a bunch of children who rely on their employees to help them get through the day all meanwhile doing no work themselves. They are incredibly unprofessional and a bunch of little children
Overview
I never had an interview, I worked there for two months, I went above and beyond my expectations as an employee. I would do work that wasn’t even required of me. After two months of work they did a mass layoff and let go of several dozen people across the company. There was no professionalism to it. They herded us up like cattle and started passing them out. The ones who didn’t get let go we’re in the room with us. It was overall very unprofessional and humiliating. After they let everyone go , they had several issues with people not receiving money for their final pay. There is no loyalty with this company. Management have no idea what’s going on; and everyone passes blame onto the next person. As a cleaner there were several moments where I’d go to my manager telling them we needed vent ducks cleaned in the units we were cleaning in preparation to rent. They needed to be deep cleaned more than what I can reach because there was garbage and food rotting down in the vent and I could t reach any further. Instead of spending money to get this fixed, they put a fabric sheet on the vent cover to mask the smell of garbage that would blow up.
Pretty bad
2017 and 2018 Got told to say things that wernt really true alot to clients Head office always pushy to get things done with out help. Bosses never did any actual work. I never got paid enough to pay my Bill's. Sometimes got paid a week late.
Pros
Sounded good on paper.
Cons
Bad attitude from bosses
Was a stressful environment to be in.
As a past Cleaner with Avenue Living in the beginning it was a decent place to work. But then after only being there for a little over 2 years we went through 7 FM'S a person begins to question the company. It was poorly ran & sometimes the proper equipment wasn't there to do the job. You had to be in close with Management or you were pretty much garbage. There were favorites. Also you had to watch your back. Alot of backstabbers & 2 faced people. Watch what you say!
Highly stressful
There is no typical day in this company. Everyday is highly stressed from unexpected inspections to not knowing when you will get let go. Management will smile at you as you talk while ignoring everything you say. No maintenance gets done unless you do it yourself.
Busy, fast paced, and fun
In my year (so far) with the company I have seen positive changes that I believe are bettering the company, as well as the "product" we sell.
With every job and every company there are pros and cons. However, if you do your job well, and are open to changes and can adapt, you can succeed with this company.

I love my job, I love my residents, and I love working in a place where the staff is a family.
Pros
Financial and job security, great team environment
Cons
Nothing that any other company would have
Zero Work Life Balance Wages Cut yearly
This company is not admirable,they overwork you then don't pay you overtime.Work life balance does not exist.The company prides itself in its core values and preaches them but they do not follow through with thier mission statement or core values.They continue to cut wages an expect more work for less money.I am so relieved to not be employed by this company anymore.I worked there for over 5 years and they treat everyone like a number.