Avcorp Industries INC

Avcorp Industries INC Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
If your an AME or apprentice you will NOT get your license working here. Assembly line work environment.

With Management at the wheel company struggles to make money which means constant layoffs.
I was only part time so I can say to much. I mainly worked alongside people who needed extra help. Everyone was really nice and I did enjoy working there.
Started out making floats. And still hasn't managed to turn a profit 50+ years later.

Look at the financials. Should say enough!

Company hires people with experience, only for them to leave. Then, they promote from within (CEO). None of which have a clue, or have ever seen a real, profitable Aerospace company run.

Every 2nd Friday off is nice, but also kills productivity. Most staff do not have Aerospace background. Lot of talk and no action.

Avoid.
Waste of time and skills

Since the day of the interview , i had doubts in my mind whether to join this company or not.

Interview panel was so terrible and naive.

Unfortunately i decided to go forward with accepting the offer.

After working for couple of months i figured out that this is not the place i wanted to be.

Micromanagement is the norm.

Supervisors and managers have unprofessional attitude.

Management doesn’t care for employees.
Pros
Cons
Poor system, unprofessional attitude, micromanagement
Friendly and warm environment, large facility, security for those willing to work hard. great hours of employment and benefits. close to highway for easy access.
Pros
great hours
Cons
departments segregation
Although the work is interesting and there is plenty of opportunity for overtime, there is total animosity and a lack of respect between the management and the employees which created a very UNPLEASANT work environment! I haven't worked there for over ten years so things may have changed. (I doubt it)
Pros
Very interesting work.
Cons
Very rigid work environment.
This place might be right for you but it sure was not for me. The wage can be above industry standards fir some possitions but the lack of work and ups and downs are not worth it.
Pros
Wage over time
Cons
No job security
Avcorp is an interesting place to work, when there is work. The culture of Avcorp is like no other company. Micromanagement is the norm for union employees. Work ethics of the employees is poor due to the management's actions. Cooperation is not part of this culture. There is a definite divide between management and employees. This makes for a challenging environment when things need to be done. There is always talk of terminations and lay-off. Office staff are not immune either as I quickly learned.
Pros
Cons
Lack of steady work/wage
daily tasks including manufacturing activities, cnc-programming, purchasing, and engineering support.
Pros
fun to work at this company
Cons
nothing