Avantor

Avantor Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Work is ever-changing. Great deal of international connection for inter-office collaboration and meetings. Increasingly expanding product sourcing as inventory needs expand. Much collaboration with sales and suppliers. The more I learn how to do, the more work I am able to include into my portfolio. The hardest part of the job is staying with changing trends on an international basis, as leadership changes. The best part of working here, is learning and researching a massive product procurement "world" that, heretofore, was totally un-thought-of!
Pros
flexible learning webinars, options to view from home.
Cons
floating changes that are hard to solidify in house
Health breathing Hazard's...
Long term..

Chemical mixing.

Acids

Job training Sucks!

I lasted three days..

It was clear, it was no future.

Unhealthy , and you get treated like a dog.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Health issues
Good place to work. Manager is great. Some team members are less of a team. Pay is ok but not enough for work required in my opinion. Danger to health working with lead 5 days a week.
I called 1877 to complain about racist manager and an angry manager but they do nothing at all. They’re just look good on websites. I will put it up on Facebook and let all mining companies know a bout VWR and Avantor. They’re treated employees like the dog.
Pros
They did nothing
Cons
Suck
Very professional, fast past environment. The management are very supportive and great to work with as well as the team. Clientele and work shifts are versatile which allows for a very diverse and exciting new shift everyday.
They lied in the job description instead of call centre they said customer service rep. And after finishing the three weeks training discover that you login on the phone the whole day with phone set ,(all day)
I quit from my job to start with VWR and after2-5 month they fired me for not reaching their e
Pros
Big company
Cons
stress, worst training, worst supervisor
Stressful at times as sales representatives can be rude to customer service reps, but overall good environment. A lot of colleagues that are available to help out.
This is a face-paced environment and there is something new to learn everyday. Everyone is very kind and willing to help you through challenges, and are very supportive. I learned a lot like navigating through SAP functions and multi-tasking case resolutions.
Not really much possibility for advancement . Communication is a big problem that really has to be addressed if the company wants to move forward. Management also needs to plan ahead when making decisions and really looking forward
Competitive workplace were we constantly learn in various fields for our clients benefits while promoting the manufacturers latest state-of-the-art products.
Office politics, narrow-minded colleagues.

Conspiracy going on.

Salary was OK. I barely learnt something there. Maybe some knowledge of SAP was useful.
Pros
Nice salary
Cons
Narrow-minded people
If there was ever a company that required a union this is one. The company in no way supports or helps develop their workers. The bottom line is the customer. There is absolutly no leadership at VWR in Misissauga. There is also a very poisenous culture in the warehouse. little or no training is provided. One of the lead hands is so disrespectful. Totally unaporoachable and a gross lack of professionalism is expressed by him.
The pay is above standard but do require a overhaul for what is expected if you.

If you are looking for great benefits VWR has a great benefits package for its full time employees.

The operationing system there is grossly outdated and the employees are held accountable for its inefficienties.

I will say the only professionalism I ever saw in my 15 months there was from the rarely seen warehouse manager.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
low morel, terrible supervision, no support or respect by management
Fun place to work and everyone is friendly. I enjoyed the fast pace work environment. The management were great and easy to approach.
Provided good benefits and wages and good location to work in the business sector of Mississauga.
This is a place where you will put out fires on a daily basis. Never a dull moment.

You never know what you will get each day. As it comes with daily challenges it also comes with great satisfaction knowing you have done your best and help others as well as customers.

Management is good. Supportive.

Workplace culture is also well.
Pros
Supportive Manager
VWR is experiencing many changes and transitions recently from being a public company being bought to become a private firm. Their Warehouse Management systems and processes are a few steps behind from the top world class distribution firms, nevertheless they are making efforts upgrading them, however changes are happening very slow. They value work-life balance in that is a positive aspect of the company.
VWR is a self-clearance importer that imports various items from test tubes to chemicals, fridges to ovens and everything in between. Communication is very good within the Company
Personnel diversifié et agréable. Management sous pression, peu de soutien pour améliorer la performance.
Pros
repas gratuits lors des formations
Cons
Peu de soutien
It was a great job, great people, and a great company to work for.
I was always happy to go to work every day, very friendly environment, I was never afraid to ask questions, or as for help.
Pros
Lots of incentives for employees, luncheons, fruit days
Cons
For me, distance
The management are supportive and believe in promoting career goals and training. I'm on a contract, but full time people here are lucky indeed!