autoTRADER.ca
autoTRADER.ca Employee Review

Will you drink the kool aid?

18 March 2019
you can bet that almost EVERY 5 star reviews are from top management and human resources in order to boost the overall rating to the point of multiple accounts. The reviews that have NO CONS?? If you buy into that than perhaps you would be an ideal employee.

MOST sales jobs even for top performers are just dead
Pros
Training is really excellent
Cons
Dead end job unless you stick around for 15+ years
1 February 2019
Same roleSame location
Capture Rep/Sales Rep (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
AutoTrader combines the unique skill set of effective daily planning and being out on the road. You're always around car guys from all different manufacturing brands and that's what broadens your overall knowledge.
25 May 2018
Same role
Sales Representative (Current Employee) - Etobicoke, ON
My experience here has been nothing short of amazing. My manager is supportive and is always challenging me. I am making great money and see tons of room for advancement. The culture is also fantastic and they are constantly making sure work is both fun and rewarding for every department.

Our sales goes are realistic and well thought out, and compared to other sales jobs I have had, I actually feel secure and know I will be able to hit my targets.
Pros
Career advancement, free food, great benefits
Cons
None that I can think of
12 April 2020
Same location
Anonymous (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Opportunities to apply your skill set directly to the work are there to be had. You'll get to work with some really bright people and absorb more skill and knowledge than you came in with. Room for lateral moves, but I found that moving up is tough, as did many others. While some can treat this as a 9-5 job, I took work home a lot. Progressive company, in some (but not all) instances, archaic management styles appear to be the model of choice. One of my managers was one of the very best managers I've ever had and gave me the tools and trust to excel in my position. Overall, a pretty good place to work.