autoTRADER.ca Employee Review

View all autoTRADER.ca reviews

Not a great place to work
Online Merchandising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2015
Typically I made dozens of calls each day, but I was told when I was hired that I'd be visiting clients, but the role changed to a home-based call/webinar driven role rather than face-to-face meetings

Management doesn't communicate expectations and when communication occurs it's not consistent. It was unclear what was viewed as success and I was often asked to proceed in a manner that created tension with different departments.

Co-workers were really amazing. Too bad they are remotely located though, since we all got along really well.

Hardest part of the job was the constant change in my role. I was told it would be a more technical product consultation role with lots of opportunity to meet dealers and build relationships, but in the end I was expected to make 30+ plus virtual calls a day, booking virtual visits/webinars and selling, rather than sales support.

My rare opportunities out of the office. Any chance I had to get out of the office and visit clients was enjoyable. This is a tough industry and this company has lots of dealers that don't like Trader, but I found I got along with the Franchise dealers quite well and enjoyed building those relationships when I was given the opportunity to meet face-to-face.
Pros
benefits from day one, great teammates
Cons
poor management, always working alone

Other autoTRADER.ca Employee Reviews

Dealer Service Representative "Automotive Photographer"
Dealer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2019
This position requires you to drive to different dealerships, which can be in multiple cities/towns. You are compensated with an annual allowance but if your car breaks down then you will not be helped. You will be expected to get a rental and show up to work the next day!

I learned that the management likes to pick favourites and promise a lot of things that will never happen. You can see that they have been always getting changes in management based on other reviews. There is high turnover in this position and for good reason. The pay is small for the amount of work you're expected to do, which includes an expectation of responding to emails after hours.

I would not recommend this position to someone looking for full time work. However this position may work for you if you want part-time hours working no more than 20 hours a week. But beware you will be expected to take on a lot of work when you start. Training will be done by people who most likely just got hired a few weeks before you.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Expected to work around the clock, you are expected to respond to emails after hours, your day can consist of starting at 9 and finish around 11 pm if you have to edit photos.
Impressive money making machine
vAuto Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2019
Visit dealerships or contact via webinar to sell software solution to help with used car operations and vehicle appraisals and pricing. It was an easy sell when the solution was new but with few updates became more challenging
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at autoTRADER.ca. Our community is ready to answer.