autoTRADER.ca

autoTRADER.ca Employee Reviews for Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst3 reviews
Canada3 reviews
When our department received the financial data , our team was preparing reports for our directors. I have the role to import into the database that I created into MS Access, the data that I received from IT department and then to run the reports that we should send to directors in an Excel spreadsheet with graph and other information regarding the last week sales from all the regions and provinces of Canada.
Pros
Free luch sometimes on Friday
Cons
Stay late sometimes for adhoc reporting
I had a VERY frustrating experience working at Trader due to certain individuals. This will be slightly a rant. First and foremost beware of two faced people working here. You will be thrown under the bus if you question things too much, do things differently, uncover process or work flaws and try to reinvent the wheel too much. There are people who will act very friendly to your face, but behind your back talk very badly about you and make you a scapegoat for existing problems at the company. Very childish and snake like behaviors, bad vibes.

I moved from my previous position thinking trader will give me a better opportunity. I'm mid-career, experienced. I was well established and respected in my previous company. It seemed initially a good move with better pay, but I slowly learned, those that are more senior are protective of each other, as a new comer you can and will be a scapegoat for their own flaws.

Work is heavy and repetitive, you are expected to do more and more, it's understaffed and if you require assistance or information it will be hard to get it without drama or blame.

SOME people are wonderful, great to work with and helpful while others have a certain "one way" of thinking, "no it won't work", "we do it different here", "it's all over the place, we just patch things all the time", "we've always been doing it this way" and the people who initially developed a process who hold all the information are hard to deal with. There is NO documentation and you're just expected to figure it out. If you ask questions you annoy the people you are asking, even if
 - more...
Pros
Good pay, relaxed ''feel'' environment, free underground parking
Cons
Sneaky characters, two faced people, AWFUL benefits (they will cut 200+ off your cheque, watch out for LTD)
Very nice co-workers, free gym, lots of manual work, but still you can learn something via the job. Some managers are using old fashion way to do the work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at autoTRADER.ca?