autoTRADER.ca

autoTRADER.ca Employee Reviews for Account Manager

Account Manager11 reviews
Canada11 reviews
- metrics focused
- decent perks (eligible for bonus, company events, employee appreciation, community outreach, benefits)

- some staff are the most dedicated people I have worked with, while there are others who really aren't

- It's always a mad dash to complete work

- free coffee, tea, snacks, pool table, ping pong, TV
AutoTrader pays very well. With that pay comes a large amount of stress and extremely low work life balance. The growth expectations is sometimes not reasonable.
After receiving good reviews on my performance during my first 2-monhts of training I brought up some personal issues about work stress/anxiety to my manager during a market downturn, a week later I was let go. Rather than work with me to help get through a tough time they cut and run while I was still in my 6-month probationary phase.... with a week's worth of severance.
Liked the people and enjoyed working with my clients.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Work life ballance
Health benefits
Employee events - on and off site

Summer hours

Pool Table / video games

Great people to work with

Very friendly

Career planning

Awesome office
Pros
Employees event
Good base salary
Benefits and vacation time

Xbox and game lounge

The NPV is department is in decline

High turnover as new class is hired every Monday to replace terminated Account Manager

Management can't make their own decision and must realy on coworker to deliver the news. They have no real sales experience.

The sales staff started off with 25 reps and reduced to 8 sales rep. My advise don't apply in inside sales department. You will regret your decision. My recommendation is to apply to another company. Don't waste your time working in inside sales department.
Pros
Good entry Level position
Cons
Declining department
I learned amazing amounts about digital advertising, however the culture at this company was all about selling to the client, for the benefit of Auto Trader, not what the client needed.
Pros
Tele-commuting
Cons
Large territory put too much strain on vehicle
Overall a decent place to work. The pay is good and the people are really nice. However, there are alot of politics in the company and everyone always seems to be miserable or complaining about their jobs and nothing ever gets fixed. They are very money hungry and their clients needs aren't a priority. I did enjoy my time there and met some great people and as well learned a lot to advance in my career
Pros
Well paying
Cons
Customer service and processes
The main problem with this company for at least the sales department is the level of micro management that is present. Regional Managers and Sales Director know what they are doing and give the impression that they care about their staff. Unfortunately that cannot be said for upper management. The impression that is given is that upper management does not trust their regional managers or sales staff. The lack of empathy from upper management is very troubling and does not provide for a fun work environment.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Micro Management
All departments work in silo - nightmare for a salesperson
Way too much administrative work

Good manager

Great pay

Great clients and sales division

Awesome incentive trips
Good for people looking to gain experience in it sales, or inside sales in general
Pros
good employee discounts
Cons
pay, hours of operation