autoTRADER.ca

autoTRADER.ca Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON32 reviews
Opportunities to apply your skill set directly to the work are there to be had. You'll get to work with some really bright people and absorb more skill and knowledge than you came in with. Room for lateral moves, but I found that moving up is tough, as did many others. While some can treat this as a 9-5 job, I took work home a lot. Progressive company, in some (but not all) instances, archaic management styles appear to be the model of choice. One of my managers was one of the very best managers I've ever had and gave me the tools and trust to excel in my position. Overall, a pretty good place to work.
AutoTrader has been a challenging place to work for last couple years now. Constant restructuring keeps employees on edge, resulting in a high anxiety work place. Opportunities for advancement are decreasing as they bring in outside talent rather than within.
It was great place to work, excellent salary with great benefits, lots of training, always evolving to keep up with market trends. Clients were more like partners with great respect for the company
This position requires you to drive to different dealerships, which can be in multiple cities/towns. You are compensated with an annual allowance but if your car breaks down then you will not be helped. You will be expected to get a rental and show up to work the next day!

I learned that the management likes to pick favourites and promise a lot of things that will never happen. You can see that they have been always getting changes in management based on other reviews. There is high turnover in this position and for good reason. The pay is small for the amount of work you're expected to do, which includes an expectation of responding to emails after hours.

I would not recommend this position to someone looking for full time work. However this position may work for you if you want part-time hours working no more than 20 hours a week. But beware you will be expected to take on a lot of work when you start. Training will be done by people who most likely just got hired a few weeks before you.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Expected to work around the clock, you are expected to respond to emails after hours, your day can consist of starting at 9 and finish around 11 pm if you have to edit photos.
you can bet that almost EVERY 5 star reviews are from top management and human resources in order to boost the overall rating to the point of multiple accounts. The reviews that have NO CONS?? If you buy into that than perhaps you would be an ideal employee.

MOST sales jobs even for top performers are just dead
Pros
Training is really excellent
Cons
Dead end job unless you stick around for 15+ years
Great team sprit during sales kick offs and holiday events at a variety of locations across North America. Great reward trips around the world for the sales teams.
Pros
Team building events
Cons
Lack of work life balance in some deparments
AutoTrader combines the unique skill set of effective daily planning and being out on the road. You're always around car guys from all different manufacturing brands and that's what broadens your overall knowledge.
Good work life balance. Lots of social activities and chances to build as a team. Flexible work hours and some working remotely.

Opportunity to learn from industry leaders.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement
Great company to work for. Collaborative environment. Lots of perks including free snacks and coffee. Free parking. Approachable management. Great benefits.
When our department received the financial data , our team was preparing reports for our directors. I have the role to import into the database that I created into MS Access, the data that I received from IT department and then to run the reports that we should send to directors in an Excel spreadsheet with graph and other information regarding the last week sales from all the regions and provinces of Canada.
Pros
Free luch sometimes on Friday
Cons
Stay late sometimes for adhoc reporting
The company offers a great work life balance. It is amazing how much they do for employees.

I am very happy with my team and manager. I learn constantly from them.
Pros
Summer hours, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Casual work environment, management is decent. Pretty saturated sales space, most customers look at autoTRADER with a sense of distrust and dissatisfaction.
Health benefits
Employee events - on and off site

Summer hours

Pool Table / video games

Great people to work with

Very friendly

Career planning

Awesome office
Pros
Employees event
AutoTrader is a great place to work, the agile management is very efficient and give autonomy to everyone. Management always trying to innovate. Fast paced environment
AutoTrader is great place to work.
Super Fun Environment.

Summer Work Hours.

Friendly Managers.

Highly motivated environment.

No dress code.

Flexible work hours.

Work From Home option.
Lots of new things to learn about. Team very resourceful. General work atmosphere is very nice.
Challenging, sometimes stressful but positive stress!

Everyone seem to be open to help. Chances to advance: direct manager will actually encourage to do so!

Lots of fun things: pong table, pool, fusball, video games!

Free snacks...

Nice in/out events and thirsty Thursdays once per month!

After hour soccer and bootcamp

Free Gym too!
Pros
listed in comments
Cons
long travel time
Good base salary
Benefits and vacation time

Xbox and game lounge

The NPV is department is in decline

High turnover as new class is hired every Monday to replace terminated Account Manager

Management can't make their own decision and must realy on coworker to deliver the news. They have no real sales experience.

The sales staff started off with 25 reps and reduced to 8 sales rep. My advise don't apply in inside sales department. You will regret your decision. My recommendation is to apply to another company. Don't waste your time working in inside sales department.
Pros
Good entry Level position
Cons
Declining department
80% of their product launches fail because of poor planning.
The management is only planning to survive for the next 6 month.

Employee turn around is high.

Very poor talent. No analytics decisions are made based on politics no business acun
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
no added value to professional experience
compagnie qui rit de leur client, RH execrable. Compagnie qui se croit au dessus de tout...
Pros
pas grand chose a part le salaire
Cons
compagnie avec une mentalite de je men foutisme
TRADER is a nice place to work to. I had a good time with my colleagues and it was always challenging.
Perfect job to grow service skills.
Make your own hours.

Minimal to no oversight, so only self motivated and responsible employees will succeed.

The hardest part of the job is cold winters and hot summers.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
The customer is always right...