autoTRADER.ca

autoTRADER.ca Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

Etobicoke, ON25 reviews
It used to be an awesome place to work! We had a great director! Team morale was awesome. The company downsized and let go of our director. The manager they brought on was horrible to work with. Was incredibly vindictive and micro-managed. There were several complaints made to HR, but that only made things worse in our department. Several people went on stress/sick leave because of the manager.
Working at this company you feel a sense of collaborative and relaxed culture in which there is much to learn and contribute.

A great place to work and a even better location if you are in the GTA !
Toxic environment where execs only care about money and have no values on how to get it. It's a bureaucracy environment, so if you don't want to be able to share your voice, this is the place.
- metrics focused
- decent perks (eligible for bonus, company events, employee appreciation, community outreach, benefits)

- some staff are the most dedicated people I have worked with, while there are others who really aren't

- It's always a mad dash to complete work

- free coffee, tea, snacks, pool table, ping pong, TV
I did not get the opprtunity to grow within Auto trader because that was a call centre environment and I was not given an opprtunity to work on a different campaign. But the work environment was excellent If I had any questions or concerns my Manager assisted me and guided me to resolve the clients needs over the phone. I had sales quota every month which I was expected to meet on a monthly basis.
Pros
Excellent Work Environment
Cons
Had no opprtunity to grow worked always held a same positon.
My experience here has been nothing short of amazing. My manager is supportive and is always challenging me. I am making great money and see tons of room for advancement. The culture is also fantastic and they are constantly making sure work is both fun and rewarding for every department.

Our sales goes are realistic and well thought out, and compared to other sales jobs I have had, I actually feel secure and know I will be able to hit my targets.
Pros
Career advancement, free food, great benefits
Cons
None that I can think of
Health benefits
Employee events - on and off site

Summer hours

Pool Table / video games

Great people to work with

Very friendly

Career planning

Awesome office
Pros
very worker focused
Cons
work/life balance - high stress
Support PV and NPV departments

NPV department on high growth path with good vision of future.

Targets + goals are attainable (not easy!) and culture supports working together to achieve them.

New Sales leadership providing a lot of coaching and support.
I had a VERY frustrating experience working at Trader due to certain individuals. This will be slightly a rant. First and foremost beware of two faced people working here. You will be thrown under the bus if you question things too much, do things differently, uncover process or work flaws and try to reinvent the wheel too much. There are people who will act very friendly to your face, but behind your back talk very badly about you and make you a scapegoat for existing problems at the company. Very childish and snake like behaviors, bad vibes.

I moved from my previous position thinking trader will give me a better opportunity. I'm mid-career, experienced. I was well established and respected in my previous company. It seemed initially a good move with better pay, but I slowly learned, those that are more senior are protective of each other, as a new comer you can and will be a scapegoat for their own flaws.

Work is heavy and repetitive, you are expected to do more and more, it's understaffed and if you require assistance or information it will be hard to get it without drama or blame.

SOME people are wonderful, great to work with and helpful while others have a certain "one way" of thinking, "no it won't work", "we do it different here", "it's all over the place, we just patch things all the time", "we've always been doing it this way" and the people who initially developed a process who hold all the information are hard to deal with. There is NO documentation and you're just expected to figure it out. If you ask questions you annoy the people you are asking, even if
 - more...
Pros
Good pay, relaxed ''feel'' environment, free underground parking
Cons
Sneaky characters, two faced people, AWFUL benefits (they will cut 200+ off your cheque, watch out for LTD)
Company has great opportunity to leverage their market advantage for growth. Each member of the leadership team is intelligent, and dedicated. There are quality people in each functional area, but it seems like typical 80/20 rule (20% of people do 80% of the work).
Anyone can join this company and shine if they are willing to put in the effort.

The culture is a work in progress, and could be called "aspirational". It is improving, but will likely need employee turnover to complete the transformation.
Pros
Brainstorming with people, Salary, Recognition, Commutable location, Transforming industry
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at autoTRADER.ca?
I have never been in an organization where there is a such commitment to making the workplace fun! There are regular employee events and celebration of other events (Halloween, Diwali etc). There is also a cool employee lounge where you can chill. There is a ping pong and fusbal and they just added a pool table to the lounge area!

It is a fast-paced and challenging environment, and you have the autonomy to get things done. You are no bogged down by the policies and procedures you encounter in larger organizations.

Management is visible - Don't be scared by their names and titles! they are approachable and willing to talk

Work life balance is great! There is flexibility and the recognition that we have personal lives. Combined with this, the company introduce summer hours from May to September so you could leave early on Fridays or take every other Friday off!
Pros
great employee events, collaborative environment, talent and committed people
Cons
Can't think of any!
always busy taking care of the director of finance's day-to-day
learned to enjoy my duties to the fullest without taking away any seriousness of the job

always eager and available to assist all the department managers

colleagues were all people persons and got along great

the hardest part of the job would have been having to deny my boss's time when she was just too busy

the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfaction on my boss's face when I executed a given task which in turn made me feel great and accomplished
I worked at Trader in the COE team. Really enjoyed working there the first few years but things sort of got stressful later on as new management took over - who were infact under pressure from their higher ups to show excellent call stats which unfortunately meant stess for the team. Also the teams were later broken into VIP and level 1 team and 90% of the calls were taken by L1 team which sort of was a pain.

Job security is great if you believe you are doing your work and your work is required by Trader. I do believe half of their workforce is redundant or perhaps not evenly distributed to where the company really requires.

Most of the jobs at Trader are company specific so you need to develop your skills if you plan on career progression in another company. There is favoritism like other companies with promotions.

Career progression is great within the company but cross department movement is difficult.

Overall a nice company to work for, nice team culture and I would recommend
Wow, turn over of good staff...why? The middle management are not skilled enough to train and manage.

That''s why lots of good people have left in the last 2 years.
Pros
Ave. pay - room for advancement - training
Cons
Nothing is ever good for them. It's "what have you done for me lately"
Proven successful to be the number one online media solution for all your automotive advertising needs
Fun work place with supportive management

Always one step ahead of the competition
I learned that this type of environment is a great place to learn the business world. Always growing opportunities. Managements always ensure the staff was having fun but working to strive for success within the company,
I've been with Trader for 6 years and have seen the company shift from print to digital and watched it grow and evolve over those years.

Pros

-Ability to work with many fun and talented individuals

-Managers and Execs are very approachable-Opportunities are there for individuals who step up to the challenge

-Able to work with various business teams to develop new and enhance existing skills through projects and special tasks

-All employees have a yearly allowance for training to enhance skills and knowledge via courses and certifications

-There's internal growth and promotions; Employees growing and moving up through roles across many different teams to take on greater challenges

-The various IT Support teams experience a very dynamic and fast-paced work culture; You're never board looking for ways to keep busy!

Cons

-Trader has a strong sales culture and is very performance driven; This can be challenging for non-sales roles.

-The various IT Support teams experience a very dynamic and fast-paced work culture; You can easily find yourself biting off more than you can chew.
Pros
Trader is full of many fun, talented
Cons
Strong sales culture and very performance driven; this can be challenging for non-sales roles.
A typical day at work starts with acquiring Brand new customers, I learned lots of communication skills, very persistent behavior, Management is cool, Co-workers are good to work with, Bring consistent sales every week, Work Independently.
Pros
Freedom of hours.
Cons
A typical day involves a quick chat with coworkers then a deep dive into work. The work environment is collaborative and team based where great ideas are shared and put into action.

In my short tenure (just under 1 year), I was able to gain substantial experience in my field which I am able to use to add value. My coworkers are some of the most brilliant individuals that I have the pleasure of working with, and I consistently learn from them as the days go by.

My immediate managers are supportive in my attainment of higher education and promote goal congruency. They are also very flexible when time off is required. They also promote growth as a team through various team building initiatives.

The most challenging part of my job is not getting the full picture of a task at times, and there are sometimes difficulty in putting the pieces together. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is the experience and knowledge that are being attained, and the very close knitted group of people that surrounds me. In addition, morale is high and the firm rewards employees for outstanding work.
Pros
Rewards for hard work; goal congruency, team building initiatives
Cons
Not much opportunities to move up
The usual day is getting your quotas by the end of the day. Usually have weekly targets. Many programs will be used to enter data information on client, sales etc. The training from management is thorough and very helpful. Co-workers are always helpful. The hardest part of the job would be cold calling. The most enjoyable part of the job is just being in the environment where you could grow on a professional career level.
- fast-paced organization that continually improves on its advertising effectiveness for its clients
- a collaborative team environment where everybody works together to achieve organizational goals and objectives

- highly effective management team that continually improves and develops their respective teams