autoTRADER.ca

autoTRADER.ca Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB4 reviews
Visit dealerships or contact via webinar to sell software solution to help with used car operations and vehicle appraisals and pricing. It was an easy sell when the solution was new but with few updates became more challenging
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
upper management
I learned amazing amounts about digital advertising, however the culture at this company was all about selling to the client, for the benefit of Auto Trader, not what the client needed.
Pros
Tele-commuting
Cons
Large territory put too much strain on vehicle
Different multitask, short deadlines and work with different managers. Attending meetings. Enjoyable part I'll say will be good friendly environment. Overall it was good working with them.
Typically I made dozens of calls each day, but I was told when I was hired that I'd be visiting clients, but the role changed to a home-based call/webinar driven role rather than face-to-face meetings

Management doesn't communicate expectations and when communication occurs it's not consistent. It was unclear what was viewed as success and I was often asked to proceed in a manner that created tension with different departments.

Co-workers were really amazing. Too bad they are remotely located though, since we all got along really well.

Hardest part of the job was the constant change in my role. I was told it would be a more technical product consultation role with lots of opportunity to meet dealers and build relationships, but in the end I was expected to make 30+ plus virtual calls a day, booking virtual visits/webinars and selling, rather than sales support.

My rare opportunities out of the office. Any chance I had to get out of the office and visit clients was enjoyable. This is a tough industry and this company has lots of dealers that don't like Trader, but I found I got along with the Franchise dealers quite well and enjoyed building those relationships when I was given the opportunity to meet face-to-face.
Pros
benefits from day one, great teammates
Cons
poor management, always working alone
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at autoTRADER.ca?