autoTRADER.ca

autoTRADER.ca Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

Burnaby, BC11 reviews
AutoTrader pays very well. With that pay comes a large amount of stress and extremely low work life balance. The growth expectations is sometimes not reasonable.
Daily discussion on technologies and product status, technology improvement, knowledge gap, knowledge improvement for peer team.

Company product improvement time to time.
After receiving good reviews on my performance during my first 2-monhts of training I brought up some personal issues about work stress/anxiety to my manager during a market downturn, a week later I was let go. Rather than work with me to help get through a tough time they cut and run while I was still in my 6-month probationary phase.... with a week's worth of severance.
Trader is a decent place to work as it has lots of its perks. It is pretty stable company, that has 25 years of the history. There are people that are with the company for more than 20 years. People could be open and ready to help.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Bureaucracy
Biggest advantage of working at Trader is- its senior leadership team is amazing! All of them are quite approachable and understanding.

Other colleagues are pretty nice and polite too:)

The company promotes/hosts fun and exciting events and responds positively on all feedback they receive.
Pros
Indoor Games Lounge, Free Beer Fridays, Fun events, Summer hours with flexi timings
If you are looking for a place that is fast paced, cutting edge fun digital company look no further. There is a supportive team environment and open communication between departments. I highly recommend autoTRADER as a great place to build a career they typically promote from within so if you are a hard worker there is lots of opportunity for career growth.
Pros
Great people and office environment
Cons
The technology is always changing
Very flexible work environment
Learned a lot in the database field - the company keep up to date with the latest technologies

Management is good and people are nice

Hardest part - multitasking - working on several projects concurrently

Most enjoyable part - free beer Fridays, pool table, social events
Pros
Friendly people
I enjoyed working with this company, on a full time basis, the people you work with are great! A typical day at work would include driving to various car dealerships and talking with managers, setting up a location for the photo shoot, and taking pictures, writing down key components of a vehicle. I learned a great deal about customer service and putting their needs first. Management here was always good to me, though being a union made it very difficult to keep the position when times got tough.
Pros
Route work was fairly easy, drive all kinds of vehicles around.
Cons
Union job, working here you start at the bottom no matter how good you are.
The main problem with this company for at least the sales department is the level of micro management that is present. Regional Managers and Sales Director know what they are doing and give the impression that they care about their staff. Unfortunately that cannot be said for upper management. The impression that is given is that upper management does not trust their regional managers or sales staff. The lack of empathy from upper management is very troubling and does not provide for a fun work environment.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Micro Management
• Created eye catching, detailed display advertising
• Quality InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator design

• Proven Sales and Client satisfaction

• Excelled quality, productivity to meet deadline targets

• Performance in a fast paced, team oriented environment

• Adaptive to new technologies and challenges

• Flexible and experienced with all shiftwork
Supervised a team of inbound and outbound agents both in house and home based. Exc
Excellent managers who always gave support, and mentoring.

Co workers were fun and understanding always willing to lend a helping hand.