autoTRADER.ca

autoTRADER.ca Employee Reviews

Opportunities to apply your skill set directly to the work are there to be had. You'll get to work with some really bright people and absorb more skill and knowledge than you came in with. Room for lateral moves, but I found that moving up is tough, as did many others. While some can treat this as a 9-5 job, I took work home a lot. Progressive company, in some (but not all) instances, archaic management styles appear to be the model of choice. One of my managers was one of the very best managers I've ever had and gave me the tools and trust to excel in my position. Overall, a pretty good place to work.
Daily discussion on technologies and product status, technology improvement, knowledge gap, knowledge improvement for peer team.

Company product improvement time to time.
AutoTrader has been a challenging place to work for last couple years now. Constant restructuring keeps employees on edge, resulting in a high anxiety work place. Opportunities for advancement are decreasing as they bring in outside talent rather than within.
Working at this company you feel a sense of collaborative and relaxed culture in which there is much to learn and contribute.

A great place to work and a even better location if you are in the GTA !
Toxic environment where execs only care about money and have no values on how to get it. It's a bureaucracy environment, so if you don't want to be able to share your voice, this is the place.
I worked at Trader as a Manager, I found the senior Management of the company not great including the go to market director very arrogant. I have to say this was the worst job I have ever had in my career.
It was great place to work, excellent salary with great benefits, lots of training, always evolving to keep up with market trends. Clients were more like partners with great respect for the company
Typical work day is calling customers who want nothing to do with you nd believe they are being ripped off and you must continue to try and stuff products down their throats.

The say that they have a consultative sales style, but in reality they have targeted marketing campaigns during which you are expected to sell products that have already been recommended days, weeks or months ago. Even though the customer showed no interest, you are expected to recontact them and attempt to sell the product.
It used to be an awesome place to work! We had a great director! Team morale was awesome. The company downsized and let go of our director. The manager they brought on was horrible to work with. Was incredibly vindictive and micro-managed. There were several complaints made to HR, but that only made things worse in our department. Several people went on stress/sick leave because of the manager.
- metrics focused
- decent perks (eligible for bonus, company events, employee appreciation, community outreach, benefits)

- some staff are the most dedicated people I have worked with, while there are others who really aren't

- It's always a mad dash to complete work

- free coffee, tea, snacks, pool table, ping pong, TV
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at autoTRADER.ca?
AutoTrader pays very well. With that pay comes a large amount of stress and extremely low work life balance. The growth expectations is sometimes not reasonable.
After receiving good reviews on my performance during my first 2-monhts of training I brought up some personal issues about work stress/anxiety to my manager during a market downturn, a week later I was let go. Rather than work with me to help get through a tough time they cut and run while I was still in my 6-month probationary phase.... with a week's worth of severance.
Liked the people and enjoyed working with my clients.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Work life ballance
The worst experience ever, corrupted management , there are lots of politics, stay away from this company. There is a reason they have such a high turnover.
This position requires you to drive to different dealerships, which can be in multiple cities/towns. You are compensated with an annual allowance but if your car breaks down then you will not be helped. You will be expected to get a rental and show up to work the next day!

I learned that the management likes to pick favourites and promise a lot of things that will never happen. You can see that they have been always getting changes in management based on other reviews. There is high turnover in this position and for good reason. The pay is small for the amount of work you're expected to do, which includes an expectation of responding to emails after hours.

I would not recommend this position to someone looking for full time work. However this position may work for you if you want part-time hours working no more than 20 hours a week. But beware you will be expected to take on a lot of work when you start. Training will be done by people who most likely just got hired a few weeks before you.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Expected to work around the clock, you are expected to respond to emails after hours, your day can consist of starting at 9 and finish around 11 pm if you have to edit photos.
Independence given to dealer success consultants. Ability to make your own schedule to set up client appointments. Great annual sales conferences with rewarding incentives for top salespeople.
Visit dealerships or contact via webinar to sell software solution to help with used car operations and vehicle appraisals and pricing. It was an easy sell when the solution was new but with few updates became more challenging
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
upper management
Great starter position. Poor location. Outdated work environment. Not the best pay and a very competitive space with Kijiji and other emerging marketing solutions. Good outside pay .. terrible inside pay.
you can bet that almost EVERY 5 star reviews are from top management and human resources in order to boost the overall rating to the point of multiple accounts. The reviews that have NO CONS?? If you buy into that than perhaps you would be an ideal employee.

MOST sales jobs even for top performers are just dead
Pros
Training is really excellent
Cons
Dead end job unless you stick around for 15+ years
ok

love it

not bad

woul

recomend

to someone
good place to work

Performance Consultant-Worked with dealers supporting Trade-in Marketplace/KBBICO through the use of conference calls and webcasts. Assisted dealers with best practices and a thorough understanding of the product in order to maximize dealer ROI.