autoTRADER.ca
autoTRADER.ca Employee Review

Great work ethics, respectful, nice job culture

3 December 2019
It was great place to work, excellent salary with great benefits, lots of training, always evolving to keep up with market trends. Clients were more like partners with great respect for the company
12 April 2020
Anonymous (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Opportunities to apply your skill set directly to the work are there to be had. You'll get to work with some really bright people and absorb more skill and knowledge than you came in with. Room for lateral moves, but I found that moving up is tough, as did many others. While some can treat this as a 9-5 job, I took work home a lot. Progressive company, in some (but not all) instances, archaic management styles appear to be the model of choice. One of my managers was one of the very best managers I've ever had and gave me the tools and trust to excel in my position. Overall, a pretty good place to work.
16 March 2020
QA Analyst (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
AutoTrader has been a challenging place to work for last couple years now. Constant restructuring keeps employees on edge, resulting in a high anxiety work place. Opportunities for advancement are decreasing as they bring in outside talent rather than within.
3 May 2019
Dealer Service Representative (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
This position requires you to drive to different dealerships, which can be in multiple cities/towns. You are compensated with an annual allowance but if your car breaks down then you will not be helped. You will be expected to get a rental and show up to work the next day!

I learned that the management likes to pick favourites and promise a lot of things that will never happen. You can see that they have been always getting changes in management based on other reviews. There is high turnover in this position and for good reason. The pay is small for the amount of work you're expected to do, which includes an expectation of responding to emails after hours.

I would not recommend this position to someone looking for full time work. However this position may work for you if you want part-time hours working no more than 20 hours a week. But beware you will be expected to take on a lot of work when you start. Training will be done by people who most likely just got hired a few weeks before you.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Expected to work around the clock, you are expected to respond to emails after hours, your day can consist of starting at 9 and finish around 11 pm if you have to edit photos.