AutoShack.com Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
They pay well to put up with bullsh*t
Staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 July 2018
On the garage side of things they force you to work 50+ hours a week. Any constructive criticisms you give to anyone in management is a death wish. If the smallest thing isn't perfect be ready to get a yelling earful. Young manager that shouldn't be a manager as he has 0 management qualities, he just yells. If you talk to anyone who has worked for this company you will hear the horror stories of how they treat their employees and think its completely ok since they pay well. Advise you to stay away, money isn't everything.
Interesting people horrible environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON17 June 2018
They may have changed the name but this place is still just as bad as ever. Your told your never doing good enough, it doesn't matter how hard you work. Safety is a big issue, the turnover rate is atrocious it's been this way for years.

Save yourself the trouble and look somewhere else it's not worth the headache. I regret ever working here.

They changed the company name for a reason, this is still the same old primechoice. I know this all sounds bad but these reviews don't just come out of nowhere.
Pros
Meet new friends
Cons
Just about everything
3 raises in 2 years
Webstore picker (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ON5 June 2018
I've been here almost 2 years. I find they don't really encourage staff events and functions at all.

I do like how when we have issues with software or procedure they take them into consideration and even make changes based on your feedback.
Pros
Good Pay, Feedback received.
Cons
no company events or activities.
Prime Choice with a new name.. Still not worth the headache
Staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2018
Staff turn over is still horrendous, garages are no longer existent, not up to standards, safety standards are poor. Save time and money and stay away!
Pros
Make friends, Learn about vehicles and how to fix them
Cons
Poor Management, Unorganized, Unsafe Garages, Dishonest with customers, Outdated software
Official response from AutoShack.com
7 June 2018

In our history the Ministry of Safety has never given us a bad review or reported an issue to us. Our Safety record is outstanding. We are disappointed that someone would file a review with such lies.

Official response from AutoShack.com
5 June 2018

I don't know who posted this comment but the Repair center is still open. It's located at 1004 merivale road in Ottawa. It was also changed to AutoShack.com