AutoShack.com Employee Reviews

Featured review
AutoShack.com selected this as a representative review
One Word "Solid" workplace lol
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON19 December 2018
Great place to work,lots of supervisor and lead hand, excellent exercise, fun, friendly staff, amazing management, reasonable pay. rewarding sweat!

One word Solid lol
Good business, unpleasant owners
Worker (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ON26 February 2019
Great place to work with good people, good pay, and benefits. Not worth the headache if you are anything more than a base level warehouse worker. Owner likes to micro manage and take over. Owners son is rude, treats people very poorly, tempermental and often acts/speaks out of anger it seems. Management was good but seems to be high turnover and treated unfairly often.
Pros
Benefits, good pay
Cons
Ownership, scheduling all over the place.
4 March 2019

We are constantly looking to improve as a company. All current employees are able to offer suggestions through our scheduling app. All former employees, although no longer employed with AutoShack.com are welcome to submit suggestions, feedback, etc.. to operations@autoshack.com

We are a privately owned company, Our Owner takes a great deal of pride in how the company is run. If, in the event he feels a department is under performing he will get involved in order to bring the operation back up to his expected standards.

Employee feedback is greatly appreciate. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, we look forward to your feedback on our changes.

management
Auto Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2018
Great management , awesome staff at the bank location.

The staff at bank st are team players and great to work with.

The owners are very understanding
Pros
great place
Cons
dead season
Deserves better reviews
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON28 August 2018
The company isnt a bad company to work for, if you’re willing to work hard and be punctual you’ll find yourself climbing the ladder of success fairly quick. Ownership doesnt treat you the greatest once in management, but like any place you get what you put into it. All the terrible reviews it receives as far as the warehouse work is concerned isn’t necessarily warranted, if you’re a terrible worker they let you go, as they should. Alot of the negativity on here comes from bitter employees that sucked at their job. Im a former employee myself that left for a better opportunity, and not because of “how bad it is”.

If you’re a willing to work hard and put the time in, you’ll be rewarded.
Pros
Good employees and management
Cons
Ownership
They pay well to put up with bullsh*t
Staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 July 2018
On the garage side of things they force you to work 50+ hours a week. Any constructive criticisms you give to anyone in management is a death wish. If the smallest thing isn't perfect be ready to get a yelling earful. Young manager that shouldn't be a manager as he has 0 management qualities, he just yells. If you talk to anyone who has worked for this company you will hear the horror stories of how they treat their employees and think its completely ok since they pay well. Advise you to stay away, money isn't everything.
Interesting people horrible environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON17 June 2018
They may have changed the name but this place is still just as bad as ever. Your told your never doing good enough, it doesn't matter how hard you work. Safety is a big issue, the turnover rate is atrocious it's been this way for years.

Save yourself the trouble and look somewhere else it's not worth the headache. I regret ever working here.

They changed the company name for a reason, this is still the same old primechoice. I know this all sounds bad but these reviews don't just come out of nowhere.
Pros
Meet new friends
Cons
Just about everything
3 raises in 2 years
Webstore picker (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ON5 June 2018
I've been here almost 2 years. I find they don't really encourage staff events and functions at all.

I do like how when we have issues with software or procedure they take them into consideration and even make changes based on your feedback.
Pros
Good Pay, Feedback received.
Cons
no company events or activities.
Prime Choice with a new name.. Still not worth the headache
Staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2018
Staff turn over is still horrendous, garages are no longer existent, not up to standards, safety standards are poor. Save time and money and stay away!
Pros
Make friends, Learn about vehicles and how to fix them
Cons
Poor Management, Unorganized, Unsafe Garages, Dishonest with customers, Outdated software
7 June 2018

In our history the Ministry of Safety has never given us a bad review or reported an issue to us. Our Safety record is outstanding. We are disappointed that someone would file a review with such lies.

5 June 2018

I don't know who posted this comment but the Repair center is still open. It's located at 1004 merivale road in Ottawa. It was also changed to AutoShack.com