Autodesk
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Autodesk Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

Montréal, QC12 reviews
Great place to work and Management is really friendly. Use new technologies always. I will get a great experience with new technologies. Work culture is really great.
This company was a big inspiration in terms of team spirit. When tight deadlines were stated, the whole team worked for one another. This kind of synergy really made things easier and efficient.
You get to work with a lot of cool technology and things you do seem very meaningful. Management is super easy going and there was never any trouble. The work is hard but people are always willing to hard. Honestly nothing bad to say other than the lighting in the office isn't great, so it can get a bit gloomy. But otherwise it was fantastic.
Envoronnement de travail agréable, pas trop stressant, horaires raisonnables.
Value employee, hard to move vertically, and not particularly innovative, but great benefits and decent salary. Yearly rounds of redundancy around Christmas is not great.
I was working there for two years. Good team, talent people, great work life balance. You can try all your new ideas. No need to working long time.
Pros
Great product
Cons
geting promoted is not easy
**The good:
Worked at Autodesk for over 10 years..

Software was amazing and fun to work with.

Some good , friendly employees of all ages.

Salary was good ! Met nice people.

**The bad:

Management was horrid, Horrid. Many employees, friends told me they felt threatened but were often distrustful to complain to HR as they'd fear retaliation and be put on the cutting block when time for layoffs came by.

I noticed people who confronted management, spoke up, were often cut several months later or during layoff times.

Their HR needs to Record All conversations managers have with employees >One on ones and group meetings.

Some managers put on the "i'm nice voice" if they are in public meetings. Totally different in private meetings.

Threatening people, humiliating them , is not the way to get

more productivity out of a person. Sadly, this was told to me by many.

Putting lists of employees on a company internal website/dashboard, showing who's doing well and who is not > that's just mean , ignorant and lacks empathy. Such is the nature of some of their management /divisions.

Salary good but no sense of security by majority of employees.

When it comes to layoffs, they'll cut anyone / anytime , Out of the blue, to appease shareholders. Usually before Christmas or in the summer.

As another wrote earlier > some divisions are so badly managed. Folks with no actual real world experience make decisions while ignoring advice of seasoned employees who do have real production experience.

Good place to get your feet wet in the industry and move
 - more...
Pros
amazing software
Cons
Horrid managers, threatening people is not a good way to treat employees.
As a first job out of university, it was easy to focus on the negatives. Namely, my manager was not trained on how to manage people.

I left as quickly as possible.
Ambiance très décontracté et dynamique.
Grande opportunité de développement.
Worked with resellers to discuss sales tactics and quotas. Provided quotes for our sales team and involved in meeting for sales strategies.

Great group of co-workers when I was there and one of the more enjoyalble places to work.
Pros
Great salary and work environment
Cons
Parking
A typical day at work is characterized for the flexibility of the working hours and the large number of meetings.
Haven't learned as much as I would have liked regarding my job itself but I did learn about politics and politeness.
Pros
Nice office space and good benefits such as the medical
Cons
Constant re-organizations
While the company has what seems to be a very relaxed, "get your job done" atmosphere in the Montreal office, it also has some incredible perks. The cafeteria has an amazing espresso machine and coffee grinders to get you the best cup of coffee you will ever have at work (well, unless maybe you are a barista?). The bicycle garage is not only set up to hold dozens of bikes, it has a workstand, tools, chain lube, cleaners, a compressor; and to underline how important cycle commuting is, the company holds (world-wide) an annual Bike to Work Challenge.
I found the overall approach to working at Autodesk pleasant and conducive to achieving the task at hand without undue pressure. In this apparently relaxed mode, people get things done.

I would go back there in a minute if asked.

I found everyone I needed to work with to be helpful, friendly, and beyond those I worked with I experienced a friendliness I have not seen in other workplaces.

I also found the sense of camaraderie meant working with people in other offices (around the world) went just as well as working with people locally. The company makes good use of the resources it has so people can collaborate despite great distances.
Pros
amazing coffee, bike garage, showers, fantastic former factory converted to office space
Cons
typical big company when it comes to layoffs to appease shareholders
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autodesk. Our community is ready to answer.