AutoCanada

Sales Manager8 reviews
Canada8 reviews

opportunityteamyearmanagementcompanyemployeeworkingpay

work hard play hard

Good place to work. Lot of room to grow, but very competitive. Sales requires alot of dedication and time but the pay is based on how well you can produce.

Work Hard = Rewarded for Hard Work

Started in sales in early 2020 with no car sales experience. Managers will help those who show commitment and are willing to learn from mistakes. This is not a job for people who want to punch the clock, but if you put in the hours, and you are committed to the job, you can make this a very lucrative career!Tips: get a win each day (it can be booking an appointment, selling a car, delivering a car, etc.). You need to brush off negativity - quick. Show up to work to work and you will be rewarded. Show up to kill time, talk BS around the smoke pit, hope for a walk-in, etc. this is not the career path for you. Neither is sales for that matter.I grinded out the first 90 days to get up to 10 cars sold/month, after COVID I was a 20 car/month guy. BUT YOU NEED TO WORK! 2 years and 400+ cars later I'm a manager. I love this job. Great company! Just got back from 10 days in St. Maarten for my accomplishments. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Insights into AutoCanada

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Upper management has little to no auto experience

AutoCanada needs to let their General Managers do their job. The hilarity that ensues listening to their “upper management” aka people that have failed in the car business and been hired by AutoCanada, is daily.Goals and directions change by the month by adapting 2 year old strategies other businesses have already moved on from. Unfortunately some of their tactics and guidelines have become shady, and it will cost them in the long run. Tough 6 month run on the stock by the way.

Overall AutoCan is a good company- Certain politics make it a FAILURE!!

Happily worked at AutoCan from 2015-2020, started as a sales rep and worked my way up to GSM. The company overall is not a "bad company" to work for, however the issue is the internal politics within certain dealerships. Too much nonsense to mention here!! So, for what it's worth if you can find a home with a smaller auto group who pride themselves in employee and customer satisfaction GET IN!! Unfortunately at AutoCanada you are just "another number" and they are certainly forgetting what customer service is all about!

Lots of room for internal advancement

Hired as an entry level employee, and advanced through rolls to management. Great team locally with lots of support from head office. It’s nice to work somewhere that tomorrow is not a concern, as long as you’re willing to give 100% effort. As with any job, if you don’t put the effort in, you don’t get rewarded.

Pros

Competitive pay, internal advancement, head office is typically ahead of any industry changes.

Happy in my career

I started at SMP in 2015 as an automotive salesperson. Moved into Finance after 1 year and then into Sales Management at the end of 2017. I have been very happy with my time here. Upper Management treats me and my team very well. There is opportunity for high achievers to advance their career. It's also a fun, positive environment.

Pros

Good commission. Spiff plans are good. Pension plan. Benefits

Great Place

Tons of learning made readily available at any time. Ability to grow within the company. The potential is endless. Great place to work.

Pros

Training and Mentorship

Cons

Some poor GMs in the Lower Mainland

Awesome

I enjoy my job and co-workers, I can't say anything negative. We all have reasons why we sometimes need to look elsewhere. I have a great relationship with Management and my Sales Team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoCanada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement