AutoCanada
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

AutoCanada Employee Reviews

Canada68 reviews

opportunityteamyearmanagementcompanyemployeeworkingpay

AutoCanada was a great place to work and lots of room for advancement.

Every day was different! When you run out of work tasks you can always learn how to help the other departments. I learned a lot when I worked there :)

Pros

Lots of free lunches and amazing co-workers.

Cons

Can get stressful at times because its a corporate head office.

Work Hard = Rewarded for Hard Work

Started in sales in early 2020 with no car sales experience. Managers will help those who show commitment and are willing to learn from mistakes. This is not a job for people who want to punch the clock, but if you put in the hours, and you are committed to the job, you can make this a very lucrative career!Tips: get a win each day (it can be booking an appointment, selling a car, delivering a car, etc.). You need to brush off negativity - quick. Show up to work to work and you will be rewarded. Show up to kill time, talk BS around the smoke pit, hope for a walk-in, etc. this is not the career path for you. Neither is sales for that matter.I grinded out the first 90 days to get up to 10 cars sold/month, after COVID I was a 20 car/month guy. BUT YOU NEED TO WORK! 2 years and 400+ cars later I'm a manager. I love this job. Great company! Just got back from 10 days in St. Maarten for my accomplishments. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Insights into AutoCanada

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Very supportive and encouraging company

I'm really enjoying working at AutoCanada so far. The management is very supportive and encourages you to learn and share ideas. The company has a great work-life balance. My coworkers are amazing and they always do their best to help you out and share their acknowledge.

Not ready for the change

This company seems like it is not ready for the change. They have a Triage based mentality rather then project base. No one knows in which direction they should move on... Company have big plans but Management doesn't know how to implement and if someone wanted to implement new thinking and technology, he/she will be shown the exit door. Was really excited when I started my Job but then realized management needs only people who say yes with them. Internal friendships in Management is the big issue... Haphazard environment!!!

Good pay commission bases

Good place to work good moneyGood managers they treat the staff very good Commission based pay which is very good if you can sell. Advancement opportunities

Upper management has little to no auto experience

AutoCanada needs to let their General Managers do their job. The hilarity that ensues listening to their “upper management” aka people that have failed in the car business and been hired by AutoCanada, is daily.Goals and directions change by the month by adapting 2 year old strategies other businesses have already moved on from. Unfortunately some of their tactics and guidelines have become shady, and it will cost them in the long run. Tough 6 month run on the stock by the way.

Will lie to get you to work harder

Was told I had a chance so for a promotion. Picked up all the department slack to be told I didn't have the experience to run the department. The brought someone in from outside the group. Beware of being taken advantage of

Fun workplace with ability to grow

Have to give credit to the management, if you are able to create a relationship with then the overall experience is much better. Very easy going and fun atmosphere. The job does have related stresses as with any position, but if you achieve your targets it is balanced.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Overall AutoCan is a good company- Certain politics make it a FAILURE!!

Happily worked at AutoCan from 2015-2020, started as a sales rep and worked my way up to GSM. The company overall is not a "bad company" to work for, however the issue is the internal politics within certain dealerships. Too much nonsense to mention here!! So, for what it's worth if you can find a home with a smaller auto group who pride themselves in employee and customer satisfaction GET IN!! Unfortunately at AutoCanada you are just "another number" and they are certainly forgetting what customer service is all about!

Really Smart People Work Here

Working in the Collection/Repo Department at AutoCanada was one of the most enjoyable experiences for me (and FargoBond) in our over 20 year history in Collection/Repo Assistance Work.It's not often in life that you get to work with both intelligent and fun people at the same time.

Pros

Great People

Revolving door

They change management so frequently it’s difficult to remember them, with every change come a big round of lay offs. This happens ever couple years, your performance and company status does not protect you from the lay offs. No attention to information technology is made so the department is horribly under funded and under staffed. Certain executives treat the company as a secondary spending account. One person destroyed 3 cell phones in 4 months costing over $4000 then requested a new device a month after the las replacement for a new model. Incidents like that happen frequently and often bonus are denied due to the company not making enough. The only redeemable quality is some of the staff are lovely, hard working professionals.

Pros

Work events, competitive salary, benefits, atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes we run out of creamer for the free Starbucks coffee

Cultural

You are not assigned for a specific task and the expectation is changing in daily basis. They didn’t explain how you are going to get your job done, but they expect you to get it done in its best way.

Horrible

Worst company to work for. They don't care about the employees. Managers are all uptight and full of attitude and only care about getting their bonuses.

Pros

Cons

Managers always angry No raises, The mechanics are just a number, the managers never try to keep good workers

Great Place with Great Vibes

As a repo-guy this was a perfect fit.Vibrant Upper-I.Q. Management/Comptroller and progressive-no BS attitudes.As an Independent Contractor I was able to exercise all (lawful) means to capture vehicles with no interference from Management.Pay was fair and immediate (upon successful vehicle captures) and the Management always 'understood the assignment'.

Pros

Ability to work all hours without hassle

Cons

Could handle more files (-:

Lots of room for internal advancement

Hired as an entry level employee, and advanced through rolls to management. Great team locally with lots of support from head office. It’s nice to work somewhere that tomorrow is not a concern, as long as you’re willing to give 100% effort. As with any job, if you don’t put the effort in, you don’t get rewarded.

Pros

Competitive pay, internal advancement, head office is typically ahead of any industry changes.

No loyalty at all

Not loyal at all only care about ability to control even high end results not enough. As soon as you start making real money they will lower your pay plan or fire yiu

Pros

Cons

Anything less than working 7 days per week is not acceptable

Terrible place to work

Wouldn't recommended working with this company. AutoCanada only cares about the numbers your dealership brings in and could care less about the employees that work for them.

Pros

Free lunch on weekends, casual dress

Cons

Poor management, incomptent HR, and workplace bullying

abuse the employees

they should look more in to the stores treat the employees instead concentrated on numbers if your employee are happy they will bring you results .

Pros

Cons

run away

Top Drawer Business partner-plan for our Corp (FargoBond-Yake)

"Maybe you can beat me but you can never beat my outfit" (AutoCanada Comptroller quoting Rihanna because AC is just that Cool)1. You are actually allowed to think for yourself2. AC listens more to you as a human being than as a machine

Pros

Great Team AC respects and trusts its people AC Customer Relations are nothing short of Awesome

Cons

Nothing of heroic moment

They look for disposable sales people

Management rotation, sales team rotation, strait lying to get the sale.They require extensive training due to the Brand's standards.Don't expect to get any weekend or holiday off on your first year, expect to get in trouble if you went on vacation and didn't sell anything, yes, it sounds absurd but it is real.

Pros

You get to dress up fancy (manager's words)

Cons

Long hours, no salary, 100% commission

Works for Me

After I started FargoBond Repo's in 2008 the Alberta Car Dealerships gave me a chance to prove my ability to recover their breached assets across Canada and into the USA.Frankly, it's been a total blast.And very worthwhile.

Pros

Cool Bosses

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoCanada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement