AutoCanada logo
AutoCanada

AutoCanada Employee Reviews

Large company with many to learn from

It's highly competative industry with a large company. The benefits are you can learn from so many amazing people. Benefits were great for the industry but pay is better elsewhere in the industry.

Take notice of the other reviews - avoid this place

Very high turnover observed across multiple departments. Didn't come across too many people who worked with the company for more than a couple of years. Employees seemed to have really varied skillsets and combined with poor orientation/clear outlines of job expectations, can see why they go through so many people.Lean benefit program, no RRSP program. The company didn't allow for office employees to work from home when the Alberta government-mandated work from home measures when possible in fall 2020. Some COVID measures were put in place such as limiting the number of people in meeting spaces and providing sanitary wipes, but AHS was called in on inspection/complaints a few times and some senior management was still noticed not wearing masks after those instances.Poor communication on time off and stat holidays. Management would send general emails to employees on the expectation they needed to cover holidays, while other managers would verbally express staff didn't have to. Employees also seemed hesitant to take vacation time off as support systems weren't clear. There is a definite divide noticed between upper management and employees.

Pros

Salaries are on par with industry standards

Cons

Location, poor communication

Lots of opportunity for hardworking, innovative people

I have worked at AutoCanada HQ for a year and a half and over that time I experienced more opportunity for creative work, innovation and advancement than anywhere else over my 20 year career. Leadership's focus on data driven decision-making and the fast-paced environment provide ample opportunity to add value through work.

Pros

Good pay, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Office location

Business intelligence team is totally disfunctional and toxic.

Typically management tries to micromanage, have no confidence in the team. They think the team is not working hard and can't communicate very effectively. The team has no acceptance of the management. The business did its best to give time and money to the team but management does not know how to run the team effectively. they have no effective task management and do not follow SDLC. They think they need to deliver faster so they skip QA and use the development environment as their production. Most of the developers did not work on a mature and stable DWH project so the coding is complex and hard to maintain for the next developer. They try to build a Cadilac solution and deliver in a big bang fashion whereas businesses needed a much simpler and iterative solution.

Turn around after reading these reviews

Since I started, every Mondays or Fridays are special interesting days to expect seeing either people getting fired or quit/in groups or even new hires (revolving door). Not many guys past their 3 mth probations as they hire temp experienced bandaid to help with their complete screw ups. Management cares for themselves $$ and waste everyone's time trying to seek for long term opportunities. Pay is low, well maybe if you have a guarantee at first and most don't even get lunch breaks as we strive to work hard hoping to find something better. Stay away from this group, they keep posting (Always hiring) you wonder why and they will post your position while you're still employed with them... interesting... if you want something interesting for fun this is the place to be.

Pros

Cons

Overtime, no lunch, high expectations with low pay, no support or communication

don't disagree with management

I enjoy my job and the people I worked with (in IT)I met with a high-up executive. He is talking just about numbers,$, 80% service level, and doesn't care about anything else. The person doesn't wear a mask and ignores covid19 rules same as several executives. When he asked for my opinion on how I was seeing things and I suggested few things he disagreed with me and I have been shown the door 15m after I walked in the following day.I left a job I hated for one 1year and a half (since day 1) and decided to move to AutoCanada and they let me go after only 1 month...really not happy with that.Folks don't go there, you deserve way better.

Pros

Cons

management and more

Horrible company to work for

Zero support. Management cliques, incompetent management, horrible training, worst location, mandatory hour lunch, zero flexibility, and if you want holidays...this is not the place for you...good luck.

Pros

Cons

Management, HR Department

If your search brings you hear run away.

As above, if your search brings you here turn away and run. Good interview and possibilities but then reality set in when I got the job. Management is egocentric and will throw you under the bus if it benefited them. Job security is a zero but I needed to make it a one.

Pros

Cheques clear

Cons

As above.

Play their game or your gone

No business ethics, be part of the clique or find a new job, thrive on ripping off customers and screwing over employees that have morals and ethics. Would not recommend working there if you have an honest bone in your body.

Pros

Hours were okay

Cons

Literally everything.

High Performing

AutoCanada is full of high performers. If you are wanting unlimited career and income potential then this is the only place to work in automotive. Culture is incredible and so are the people that are on the team.

Pros

Leadership, Compensation and autonomy

Jobs at AutoCanada

See more jobs

Challenging and rewarding

Never a dull moment. If you are hard working and dedicated, you will do well with AutoCanada. There have been lots of ups and downs with this company but the current management team is exceptional with a clear vision of success and empowering employees to be GREAT!

Pros

A shared passion for success

Cons

There's no escaping 'politics' but they try.

Endless Opportunity for Advancement

Endless opportunities for advancement if you are a driven, hard working individual. Environment that fosters and promotes individual growth and promotes from within.

Fast Paced Working Environment that recognizes Individuals for their Contributions.

Autocanada is a very large company with plenty of opportunity to grow and develop in your Career. If you work hard you will be rewarded and recognized for your efforts. The new leadership of the company has communicated a clear Vision into the future of the organization, creating alignment, and excitement coast to coast.

Pros

Compensation, Benefits, Opportunity

I currently work at AutoCanada in Edmonton and it's a great place if you are a go-getter and want to advance in your career. Don't apply for a job here if you are lazy or don't have any drive as your co-workers will weed you out pretty quick. I love the people here and we have a lot of fun while working as well. This is a growing company and an overall great place to work.

Pros

Great learning experience, opportunity for growth

Cons

No major cons

High-Performing Family Environment

Past leadership team was toxic-now inclusive & diverse. Learning & growth encouraged & recognized. Values measured above skills. Culture is everything

Pros

Autonomy, Parity, Adaptive, Pay, Culture

Best automotive group to work for in Canada!

AutoCanada is the only publicly traded automotive dealership group in Canada. That means you have unlimited opportunity to grow your career and your paycheque. It is a true meritocracy! #performerswanted

Happy in my career

I started at SMP in 2015 as an automotive salesperson. Moved into Finance after 1 year and then into Sales Management at the end of 2017. I have been very happy with my time here. Upper Management treats me and my team very well. There is opportunity for high achievers to advance their career. It's also a fun, positive environment.

Pros

Good commission. Spiff plans are good. Pension plan. Benefits

Great place to work and advance

I started working with AutoCanada many years ago and have found the company to be great to work for. The sky is the limit with this company. I started in sales and have worked my way through the ranks and now run my own store. Home office works with me everyday trying to make me and my store more successful. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for their first job or making a move from their current employment.

Pros

Great corporate cultural, competitive wages.

Cons

I really can't think of any, but I do work lots because I love what I do.

Toxic culture, no work life balance, expect to give up everything

What started out as an amazing opportunity quickly turning into one of the worst companies I’ve ever worked for. A leadership team that does not respect the employees and who expect you to give and give and if you take vacation you’ll be seen as someone who’s not all in. Employees terminated without respect and dignity. Work life balance does not exist. Pay is great but expect to be worked like a dog. Lastly continually changing leadership team. No continuity, no wonder the culture is so toxic.

Pros

High pay

Cons

Culture, leadership team, work life balance, opportunity, respect, dignity

toxic environment

Management has no education in leadership and allowing the organization to become toxic environment. They have no proper protocols investigating, Human Rights complaints nor Health And safety complaints by staff, instead they fire staff to eliminate their exposure

Cons

toxic environment.

Wouldnt recommend

1 out of 5 stars, they didn't disclose full information and i was in the dark for a lot of it. By far one of my worst experiences in this industry. Shady.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoCanada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement