AutoCanada
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

AutoCanada Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews

AutoCanada was a great place to work and lots of room for advancement.

Every day was different! When you run out of work tasks you can always learn how to help the other departments. I learned a lot when I worked there :)

Pros

Lots of free lunches and amazing co-workers.

Cons

Can get stressful at times because its a corporate head office.

Fun workplace with ability to grow

Have to give credit to the management, if you are able to create a relationship with then the overall experience is much better. Very easy going and fun atmosphere. The job does have related stresses as with any position, but if you achieve your targets it is balanced.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Overall AutoCan is a good company- Certain politics make it a FAILURE!!

Happily worked at AutoCan from 2015-2020, started as a sales rep and worked my way up to GSM. The company overall is not a "bad company" to work for, however the issue is the internal politics within certain dealerships. Too much nonsense to mention here!! So, for what it's worth if you can find a home with a smaller auto group who pride themselves in employee and customer satisfaction GET IN!! Unfortunately at AutoCanada you are just "another number" and they are certainly forgetting what customer service is all about!

Really Smart People Work Here

Working in the Collection/Repo Department at AutoCanada was one of the most enjoyable experiences for me (and FargoBond) in our over 20 year history in Collection/Repo Assistance Work.It's not often in life that you get to work with both intelligent and fun people at the same time.

Pros

Great People

Revolving door

They change management so frequently it’s difficult to remember them, with every change come a big round of lay offs. This happens ever couple years, your performance and company status does not protect you from the lay offs. No attention to information technology is made so the department is horribly under funded and under staffed. Certain executives treat the company as a secondary spending account. One person destroyed 3 cell phones in 4 months costing over $4000 then requested a new device a month after the las replacement for a new model. Incidents like that happen frequently and often bonus are denied due to the company not making enough. The only redeemable quality is some of the staff are lovely, hard working professionals.

Pros

Work events, competitive salary, benefits, atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes we run out of creamer for the free Starbucks coffee

Cultural

You are not assigned for a specific task and the expectation is changing in daily basis. They didn’t explain how you are going to get your job done, but they expect you to get it done in its best way.

Horrible

Worst company to work for. They don't care about the employees. Managers are all uptight and full of attitude and only care about getting their bonuses.

Pros

Cons

Managers always angry No raises, The mechanics are just a number, the managers never try to keep good workers

Great Place with Great Vibes

As a repo-guy this was a perfect fit.Vibrant Upper-I.Q. Management/Comptroller and progressive-no BS attitudes.As an Independent Contractor I was able to exercise all (lawful) means to capture vehicles with no interference from Management.Pay was fair and immediate (upon successful vehicle captures) and the Management always 'understood the assignment'.

Pros

Ability to work all hours without hassle

Cons

Could handle more files (-:

Lots of room for internal advancement

Hired as an entry level employee, and advanced through rolls to management. Great team locally with lots of support from head office. It’s nice to work somewhere that tomorrow is not a concern, as long as you’re willing to give 100% effort. As with any job, if you don’t put the effort in, you don’t get rewarded.

Pros

Competitive pay, internal advancement, head office is typically ahead of any industry changes.

No loyalty at all

Not loyal at all only care about ability to control even high end results not enough. As soon as you start making real money they will lower your pay plan or fire yiu

Pros

Cons

Anything less than working 7 days per week is not acceptable

Terrible place to work

Wouldn't recommended working with this company. AutoCanada only cares about the numbers your dealership brings in and could care less about the employees that work for them.

Pros

Free lunch on weekends, casual dress

Cons

Poor management, incomptent HR, and workplace bullying

abuse the employees

they should look more in to the stores treat the employees instead concentrated on numbers if your employee are happy they will bring you results .

Pros

Cons

run away

Top Drawer Business partner-plan for our Corp (FargoBond-Yake)

"Maybe you can beat me but you can never beat my outfit" (AutoCanada Comptroller quoting Rihanna because AC is just that Cool)1. You are actually allowed to think for yourself2. AC listens more to you as a human being than as a machine

Pros

Great Team AC respects and trusts its people AC Customer Relations are nothing short of Awesome

Cons

Nothing of heroic moment

They look for disposable sales people

Management rotation, sales team rotation, strait lying to get the sale.They require extensive training due to the Brand's standards.Don't expect to get any weekend or holiday off on your first year, expect to get in trouble if you went on vacation and didn't sell anything, yes, it sounds absurd but it is real.

Pros

You get to dress up fancy (manager's words)

Cons

Long hours, no salary, 100% commission

Works for Me

After I started FargoBond Repo's in 2008 the Alberta Car Dealerships gave me a chance to prove my ability to recover their breached assets across Canada and into the USA.Frankly, it's been a total blast.And very worthwhile.

Pros

Cool Bosses

Cons

Take notice of the other reviews - avoid this place

Very high turnover observed across multiple departments. Didn't come across too many people who worked with the company for more than a couple of years. Employees seemed to have really varied skillsets and combined with poor orientation/clear outlines of job expectations, can see why they go through so many people.Lean benefit program, no RRSP program. The company didn't allow for office employees to work from home when the Alberta government-mandated work from home measures when possible in fall 2020. Some COVID measures were put in place such as limiting the number of people in meeting spaces and providing sanitary wipes, but AHS was called in on inspection/complaints a few times and some senior management was still noticed not wearing masks after those instances.Poor communication on time off and stat holidays. Management would send general emails to employees on the expectation they needed to cover holidays, while other managers would verbally express staff didn't have to. Employees also seemed hesitant to take vacation time off as support systems weren't clear. There is a definite divide noticed between upper management and employees.

Pros

Salaries are on par with industry standards

Cons

Location, poor communication

Lots of opportunity for hardworking, innovative people

I have worked at AutoCanada HQ for a year and a half and over that time I experienced more opportunity for creative work, innovation and advancement than anywhere else over my 20 year career. Leadership's focus on data driven decision-making and the fast-paced environment provide ample opportunity to add value through work.

Pros

Good pay, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Office location

Business intelligence team is totally disfunctional and toxic.

Typically management tries to micromanage, have no confidence in the team. They think the team is not working hard and can't communicate very effectively. The team has no acceptance of the management. The business did its best to give time and money to the team but management does not know how to run the team effectively. they have no effective task management and do not follow SDLC. They think they need to deliver faster so they skip QA and use the development environment as their production. Most of the developers did not work on a mature and stable DWH project so the coding is complex and hard to maintain for the next developer. They try to build a Cadilac solution and deliver in a big bang fashion whereas businesses needed a much simpler and iterative solution.

Turn around after reading these reviews

Since I started, every Mondays or Fridays are special interesting days to expect seeing either people getting fired or quit/in groups or even new hires (revolving door). Not many guys past their 3 mth probations as they hire temp experienced bandaid to help with their complete screw ups. Management cares for themselves $$ and waste everyone's time trying to seek for long term opportunities. Pay is low, well maybe if you have a guarantee at first and most don't even get lunch breaks as we strive to work hard hoping to find something better. Stay away from this group, they keep posting (Always hiring) you wonder why and they will post your position while you're still employed with them... interesting... if you want something interesting for fun this is the place to be.

Pros

Cons

Overtime, no lunch, high expectations with low pay, no support or communication

don't disagree with management

I enjoy my job and the people I worked with (in IT)I met with a high-up executive. He is talking just about numbers,$, 80% service level, and doesn't care about anything else. The person doesn't wear a mask and ignores covid19 rules same as several executives. When he asked for my opinion on how I was seeing things and I suggested few things he disagreed with me and I have been shown the door 15m after I walked in the following day.I left a job I hated for one 1year and a half (since day 1) and decided to move to AutoCanada and they let me go after only 1 month...really not happy with that.Folks don't go there, you deserve way better.

Pros

Cons

management and more

Horrible company to work for

Zero support. Management cliques, incompetent management, horrible training, worst location, mandatory hour lunch, zero flexibility, and if you want holidays...this is not the place for you...good luck.

Pros

Cons

Management, HR Department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AutoCanada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement