AutoCanada

AutoCanada Employee Reviews

It's highly competative industry with a large company. The benefits are you can learn from so many amazing people. Benefits were great for the industry but pay is better elsewhere in the industry.
AutoCanada is an organization full of individuals with grit, passion and perseverance. Transparency and collaboration is a key part of the corporate culture.
Pros
Transparency - very communicative senior management team
No business ethics, be part of the clique or find a new job, thrive on ripping off customers and screwing over employees that have morals and ethics. Would not recommend working there if you have an honest bone in your body.
Pros
Hours were okay
Cons
Literally everything.
AutoCanada is full of high performers. If you are wanting unlimited career and income potential then this is the only place to work in automotive. Culture is incredible and so are the people that are on the team.
Pros
Leadership, Compensation and autonomy
Never a dull moment. If you are hard working and dedicated, you will do well with AutoCanada. There have been lots of ups and downs with this company but the current management team is exceptional with a clear vision of success and empowering employees to be GREAT!
Pros
A shared passion for success
Cons
There's no escaping 'politics' but they try.
Endless opportunities for advancement if you are a driven, hard working individual. Environment that fosters and promotes individual growth and promotes from within.
Autocanada is a very large company with plenty of opportunity to grow and develop in your Career. If you work hard you will be rewarded and recognized for your efforts. The new leadership of the company has communicated a clear Vision into the future of the organization, creating alignment, and excitement coast to coast.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Opportunity
I currently work at AutoCanada in Edmonton and it's a great place if you are a go-getter and want to advance in your career. Don't apply for a job here if you are lazy or don't have any drive as your co-workers will weed you out pretty quick. I love the people here and we have a lot of fun while working as well. This is a growing company and an overall great place to work.
Pros
Great learning experience, opportunity for growth
Cons
No major cons
Past leadership team was toxic-now inclusive & diverse. Learning & growth encouraged & recognized. Values measured above skills. Culture is everything
Pros
Autonomy, Parity, Adaptive, Pay, Culture
AutoCanada is the only publicly traded automotive dealership group in Canada. That means you have unlimited opportunity to grow your career and your paycheque. It is a true meritocracy! #performerswanted
I started at SMP in 2015 as an automotive salesperson. Moved into Finance after 1 year and then into Sales Management at the end of 2017. I have been very happy with my time here. Upper Management treats me and my team very well. There is opportunity for high achievers to advance their career. It's also a fun, positive environment.
Pros
Good commission. Spiff plans are good. Pension plan. Benefits
I started working with AutoCanada many years ago and have found the company to be great to work for. The sky is the limit with this company. I started in sales and have worked my way through the ranks and now run my own store. Home office works with me everyday trying to make me and my store more successful. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for their first job or making a move from their current employment.
Pros
Great corporate cultural, competitive wages.
Cons
I really can't think of any, but I do work lots because I love what I do.
What started out as an amazing opportunity quickly turning into one of the worst companies I’ve ever worked for. A leadership team that does not respect the employees and who expect you to give and give and if you take vacation you’ll be seen as someone who’s not all in. Employees terminated without respect and dignity. Work life balance does not exist. Pay is great but expect to be worked like a dog. Lastly continually changing leadership team. No continuity, no wonder the culture is so toxic.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Culture, leadership team, work life balance, opportunity, respect, dignity
Management has no education in leadership and allowing the organization to become toxic environment. They have no proper protocols investigating, Human Rights complaints nor Health And safety complaints by staff, instead they fire staff to eliminate their exposure
Cons
toxic environment.
1 out of 5 stars, they didn't disclose full information and i was in the dark for a lot of it. By far one of my worst experiences in this industry. Shady.
They don't care for employee retention, everyone is replaceable and just a number. Constantly fixed on dropping expenses at the cost of employees (lay off / wage cuts/ cut hours), the pay is subpar for administrators/accounting/office staff/anyone who isn't selling something. Health benefits are good but expensive. Employee relations could Improve significantly.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Poor wages
Management does not care for you as a person, expect you to overwork, and then will let you go to then post your exact job to hire someone for less, have done this multiple times to multiple people. They have no idea what they are doing, try the same process, and expect different results every time, the definition of insanity to work here.
Pros
awesome co workers
Cons
terrible leadership, managers, overwork, little pay
Working at Northland Hyundai has been a great experience. The management is always working with you to improve your skills and they are always being positive. Everyone there works well together and I find they are all enjoying there job. I recommend this place to anyone that has a positive outlook and that has a strong work ethic and drive to succeed because you will here if you are willing to try.
Pros
Great work environment and group of people to work with.
Cons
The competitive automotive market provides a chance to show your marketing technology skills in a friendly environment. Working with leading web platforms and a talented marketing team that is in the forefront of the field are just a few of the things you will experience.
I wish I would have read and listened to the reviews other previous employees posted. Management does not care about anyone but themselves. Working here was a huge mistake.
Pros
Potential of money
Cons
Management, no job security
Good place to work. Lot of room to grow, but very competitive. Sales requires alot of dedication and time but the pay is based on how well you can produce.
  1. Employee reviews