AutoCanada

AutoCanada Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Good entry level but don’t expect advancement
Long hours for average pay. Corporate head office with typical office politics. Will succeed but little chance for advancement. Loyalty for core staff that put in the time. Good team to work with in general. They talked about paid training by the company, but never happened.
If you believe in yourself you can be very successful here
Working at Northland Hyundai has been a great experience. The management is always working with you to improve your skills and they are always being positive. Everyone there works well together and I find they are all enjoying there job. I recommend this place to anyone that has a positive outlook and that has a strong work ethic and drive to succeed because you will here if you are willing to try.
Pros
Great work environment and group of people to work with.
Cons
Fast paced environment in an ever-changing competitive marketplace
The competitive automotive market provides a chance to show your marketing technology skills in a friendly environment. Working with leading web platforms and a talented marketing team that is in the forefront of the field are just a few of the things you will experience.
Should have listened to reviews!
I wish I would have read and listened to the reviews other previous employees posted. Management does not care about anyone but themselves. Working here was a huge mistake.
Pros
Potential of money
Cons
Management, no job security
Avoid.
I loved working for AC for about a month. The GSM convinced me to come work with him, and the first month was great. Everyone with any sales talent was making money, life was good.

Then I realized the finance department was a joke, lying to clients constantly ("you'll only get approved for your loan if you get this warranty" ect, which is called tied selling and is VERY illegal.

Then AC came in and fired the entire management staff and replaced them with incompetent fools from outside the company who fired 80% of the staff to bring in their friends.
work hard play hard
Good place to work. Lot of room to grow, but very competitive.
Sales requires alot of dedication and time but the pay is based on how well you can produce.
fake people
they just burn industry, they use bad tactics run business and not good for employee's culture, they promise a lot but do less, no not trust these company's
Restrictive growth
Low on trust from the management and opportunities to use your skill set and improve the workflow are limited. Focus of management on rules over output can affect individual performances.
They don’t care about their staff
They work you like a dog , fire their staff that has built them into the company they are today, don’t promote within. They have slowly drive long term employees out to save money
Excellent company
Well organized with a superior work ethic mindset. Great team atmosphere.

A great experience and loved every minute of it. The team steps up when you need them
Overall a good place to work
Lots of meetings, take up a lot of time that can be used more productively. Typical automotive industry, long hours, month end push. Good support from head office and dealer principal .
Productive and fun
Financial reporting team is a great team. Typical workday involved coming in at 9am and working on accounting items. Workplace culture was enjoyable. Would recommend.
Best company to work
One of the best company i have ever worked for, not sure who advised them to sell that dealership where i used to work for. May be GM at that time misled them who later fired by the new owners. Overall excellent experience. Full training available. Great management. Real company culture. Management hierarchy in place. Controllers working for a company for long time that shows great trust on Auto Canada. The
Great plan to introduce sub prime finance
I was recruited to join a new venture. They had a great plan but it was poorly executed with many delays that caused issued for all that were recruited
worst management ever
I regret every second i worked for this company, the worst management you can see in entire life, unprofessional, mafia, they recruit people because they know them not because they deserve the position. My advice stay away from them because they don’t deserve good people.
Avoid At All Costs
Nothing like spending 2.5 years as an employee here, only to be laid off/terminated without cause or any explanation whatsoever and replaced by another co-worker at 8 AM the next morning and they try to hide it.

Also great to find out through someone else outside the building that upper management knew this was going to happen for awhile and strung me along. I had to go through four people to get my ROE which I received 15 days later. The best part is I had another job offer elsewhere in 2018, and VW convinced me to stay after some negotiating. I could have avoided this situation and could have been working for a better company today.

Thanks.

If they treat employees like this, imagine how they treat your vehicle. Trust me, it's not good

MoreFun Facts: They hid the fact that my department had a bonus structure until I saw other employees in my department get envelopes with their bonus information and asked why I was not included. I also had the pleasure of having my hours changed permanently without my consent when it was supposed to be temporary until someone else was hired. The best part was waiting for the manager to come back from a 2+ hour lunch before I could take mine. Excuses like "emergency haircut" and "I'm too hungover" were a weekly occurrence.
Opportunities to travel, and grow
Learned best practices from some of Canada's best operators. Travelled the country, and learned how demographics vary across Canada. Important to see how cultural, geographical, and historical influences shape our country.
Hired and Fired a passionate employee ready to give 100%
Joined the company 2 weeks ago and demonstrated strong interest in being successful. Studied after work/Listened to audio books, I, unfortunately, had to take a sick day and an emergency caused me to be 10 minutes late the next day. The result was termination on the spot with no legitimate explanation as to why.

Unbelievable how a company can throw such passion and drive to the curb.

They lost a winner.
To be completed at a later date
To be completed at a later date. Management was supportive. Reason for leaving - salary/commission was not communicated effectively. Work/Life balance had been communicated, however it is a commission based role, and that's to be expected.
New Sales manager are destroying this dealership
The new Sales manager is a serious racist. Half of the sales don‘t like him. He is arrogant, Ignorance and selfish. If he doing something wrong he will push those things on you. Never want to go back work with him.
great overall company
Overall great company to work for, with room for growth and opportunities.
Difficult to rate the entire company as a whole as they have dealerships all across Canada.
Pros
large company
Cons
large company sometimes you get lost in everyone