Autism Ontario Employee Reviews

Yup
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 April 2018
I liked volunteering here. They have lots of stuff for kids with autism. If you have a child or know someone with a kid who has autism would recommend.
Good people trying to help out
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
Generally a friendly work environment, full of people committed to their job. They clearly are invested in helping people with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Pros
good work
Cons
lots of work
Autism Camp for Kids
Summer camp volunteer (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON13 March 2018
I find it was rewarding to be trained and to get to know the kids better everyday. To know their likes and dislikes. Fellow workers helped each other out and gave a hand or ear when necessary.
I was amazed by the progress the children made by the end of the program. They are smart and sometimes need extra time to learn.
Pros
1:2 or 1:1 time with getting to know the children
Cons
Summer Program seems short to me - I miss it
Fun workspace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 January 2018
Multiple events that take place each month with children with Autism as well as their parents. Events such as youth at play, holiday party's are just a few that take place.
very fun, unfortunate circumstances lead to lack of funding
Senior Youth Mentor- Group Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 October 2017
Loved this job, very good for a student in the psychology or child care field. Short shifts worked with school schedules and other commitments, and you had the option for more if you wanted. Advancement happened quickly and was based on work ethic and experience which was great! The organization had to cancel programs due to a lack of funding which resulted in my position being terminated. I have not ben back since they have reopened the programs.
Great until interacting with mangement
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Halton, ON12 August 2017
It is a chapter-based organization where each chapter runs their own programs, camps, etc. At the chapter level, it is great! Learned more through these programs than anywhere else.

With that said, once interactions with provincial office began, my experience (any many others') became negative. There are no processes in place to make complaints passed a chapter level, making it nearly impossible for conflict resolution. Many people quit/left because interactions with Provincial office made the job very negative.

All in all, at a chapter level it is an amazing experience. Volunteering will be nothing but positive and the families are all amazing.
Pros
Amazing learning experience
Cons
Provincial level management can be difficult
Great place to work!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2017
I love helping and giving back to the community. If you would like to do that, then this is the place for you. The best part about the job is taking students out on field trips!
Autism Ontario
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bramalea, ON23 May 2017
very fun environment and many new opportunities, volunteering here was a great decision and taught me how to deal with children. A typical day would be planning activities in order to help children with different skills.
Support Worker
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 March 2017
Worked with children who have Autism and take them on daily outings. Support them during swimming, eating personal care etc.
Pros
work with amazing people and children
Worked on contractual basis
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2015
A grass-roots, non-profit organization dedicated to the awareness and advocacy of people with ASD.

It was extremely rewarding to be a part of something much larger than myself.

Working contractually as a marketing consultant afforded me flexibility and autonomy in my work.
engaging workplace with value adding potential
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 November 2014
Discuss with management on action plans for upcoming events. I have been able to develop marketing platforms that better optimize brand awareness, while providing opportunities for involvement and corporate sponsorship. I work within an engaging team that is very supportive. The hardest part of my job is the most creative aspect, in the sense that I tend to create an opportunity out of each hurdle. working at autism ontario brings with it elements of achievement because I am able to see the potential in people with ASD and add value to their existence particularly through creating new learning programs.
Pros
relaxed work environment that allows for creativity and brainstorming
Cons
none at the moment
Good Atmosphere
receptionist/administrative duties (Former Employee) –  toronto, ON2 April 2014
- receptionist and other administrative duties
- comfortable
- good location
- supportive co-workers
Good place to learn, I was a volunteer here
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 May 2013
Dealt with customers in person and on the phone; making sure to smile when your on the phone because a smile can be heard on the phone.
Updated and maintained the filing system, answered phones, took messages, processed all types of mail, letter, email, created reports, mail merges labels and letters.
Booked reservations, sent out invitations, boxed up gifts and various inventory items.
Operated various types of office equipment and general office duties
Pros
Friendly atmosphere and always busy
Cons
volunteer, so I never got paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4