Autism Nova Scotia

Autism Nova Scotia Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Autism Nova Scotia allows you to work with families independently to help better the life's of their family members who have autism. This job also improves one's own analytical and social capabilities and teaches you patience.
Working with Autism Nova Scotia is a rewarding experience where you get to help clients achieve goals they have set on a day to day basis. Clients are wonderful.
I love working with Autism NS. Everyone is professional while friendly and compassionate. Management take the time to know and appreciate their staff. My position has changed and evolved over the past year. I Am able to work from a home office while still a fully involved part of ANS team and the position has evolved to include multiple chapters of the organization across Nova Scotia. In 40 years of working, this is the best company I have ever worked with. Thank you Indeed.com
I worked there as my school internship and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was asked to develop a power point for a new system about to be launched. the staff were very supportive and also gave great input to allow me to improve
Great opportunity to learn about different autism spectrum disorders
Amazing staff to work with - very supportive and understanding of another

Location great as well
I was there on a contract basis, so they were very flexible. Was able to meet and interview different people, and made some great connections. Was also able to contribute to the autism community and made it possible for other people on the autism spectrum to express themselves.
Work at Autism Nova Scotia's Promise of a Pearl program was not bad. Job atmosphere was relaxed. Coworkers were always willing and able to help out. Would recommend.
Pros
Close to food stalls
Cons
Early hours
Working at camp spectrum as a camp counsellor for Autism NS, helped me build the skills necessary in my field of studies. I gained confidence in my abilities all while building wonderful relationships with other counsellors and campers.
Pros
skill building
Cons
N/a
supportive staff to work with and as an independent agent working outside the office with clients I felt trusted to do my job well without feeling like I had to continuously report back. I enjoyed working with the clients and communicating my needs was easy.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
casual work
A great non profit that is dedicated to assisting their clients on Autism Spectrum access training, job coaching, and other opportunities.

Management and clients are wonderful. A very positive place to work.
As program lead, the team worked cohesively and effectively. Tasks at hand were always completed in a timely fashion and passion for workplace was always present
great work setting, excellent staff. I highly recommend it!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Autism Nova Scotia. Our community is ready to answer.
4.7