Australian High Commission Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
A very satisfying fast pased work environment with a variety or duties focused on helping Australian's in Canada
Consular/Passport/Property Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 April 2013
A typical day involved a team approach to incoming crisesses where the team would negotiate that morning who would be responsible for what to ensure all areas of duties were covered. I learned to cooperate with other team members and to multi task in order to support the team. Management turned over every three years as the new posted officers arrived lending itself to ongoing changes to the way work got transacted. This adjustment was the hardest part of the job, however this was only a temporary state. I derived a great deal of satisfaction as the first point of contact for both internal and external clients; knowing I was helping people often in distress. I really enjoyed the team approach to work and I enjoyed cultivating good working relationships with my collegues.
Pros
i derived a great sense of satisfaction in knowing you have helped someone, while working across teams to achieve mutual goals.
Cons
for the level of responsibility the pay could have been higher in my opinion.