Aurora Recovery Centre

Aurora Recovery Centre Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
We are strongly involved in the local community, we support local business.

What we do her is very important, helping people with addiction is what we believe in.
I work casual for a little over a year. Poorly managed, filthy, run down place. Felt bad for the people that where soaked at least 20 grand for a 30 day stay. I had seen dozens of people come and go in just over a year. They go throw staff like toilet paper.....literally treated them the same. Everyone was payed different, and the ones that where ex junkies or boozers get payed more so I suggest you lie if you have to scrap the bottom of a barrel for a job.
Im so thankful I didn’t have to rely on that place for a full time job. Im unionized Manitoba government employee, I know how a institution should be run.
Aurora has little to no regard for their employees. They do not give yearly reviews, let alone wage increases. Wages are not based on performance, every employee is paid differently, but each does the same job, regardless of seniority. Aurora has a very weak management team, to the point where employees are pretty much making decisions managers should be making. Employee favortism is ridiculous and unless you happen to be one of those "special"people you will never see an open door policy. The amount of staff that has been terminated or quit since their inception is overwhelming. Rules change on a daily basis which is frustrating and unprofessional for employees and members. When a business lacks leadership,trust becomes an issue and this is evident in their workplace culture.
The atmosphere is team oriented and it is very rewarding to be apart of someone's recovery and seeing them overcome their struggles and begin to shine. There is an open door policy at Aurora which makes it more comfortable to approach management.
I have worked here for over 3 years, The best part of my job is meeting and working with fantastic people. Being a part of someones recovery is priceless.
Aurora is a great place to work. The management team is organized and professional - my colleagues (i.e. the team of counsellors) are highly educated and committed to helping the members we serve. I plan to remain employed at Aurora long-term.
I highly recommend staying away from this toxic environment. Research their staff overturn rate. Clients are milked for their money and it is crushing to watch.
One on one sessions, running groups, Crisis management, documentation.We have an open door policy.work place culture is awesome. Dealing with pre adults. My co-workers, and watching people grow as they go through the process of recovery.
Pros
Doing the job I love.
Cons
Having to deal with pre adults.
If you want to work hard in a for-profit centre where every move you make is measured and where competition among colleagues suits you, then this is for you.
There is very little regard for long term wellness for staff - the bottom line of the company is always first.

The management team tries to please the man at the top to keep their own jobs. They will subvert their employees (throw them under the bus) if it means staying on his good side.

Most counsellors do not have post secondary degrees but a combination of social service work and some training. Some of the treatments are delivered in a less than ethical way - EMDR for example.

Many, many people have been fired. The reasons for firings are not clear and often not justified. Some people should be fired but are friends with the owner so receive favorable treatment. These folks have pushed limits and have questionable skills but look for approval from the boss.

This is not a place to be if you want job security. If they get rid of you, a very curt email is sent to everyone saying that you no longer work there. Trust that your name will not be spoken aloud once you have been axed. I did not get fired but saw some very good people given the boot and walked out.

I do not recommend this treatment centre as a place to enrich your career or resume.
Pros
Good food. Sweat Lodges
Cons
long hours, lack of respect, profit style approach to workplace and workers
Don't waste your time. There is basically no training and when you don't do the job as they wanted you to, you get let go. Find a job where they appreciate their employees and help them to excel.
Pros
Great lower end staff
Cons
Poorly managed
There is a lot of ego deviding the departments at aurora. Between management, the nursing department, the counselling department and the member care department. It’s also being overfilled and understaffed which is dangerous in that business
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad pay and working conditions
Enjoyed my time there before i went back to school. i learned how to safely use chemicals and clean up to expectations. very pleasant people to work with and to be around. the most enjoyable part of the job was that it was easy and was very welcoming
Pros
pleasant friendly work environment
great place to work, amazing management team that can work with you when the job gets stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora Recovery Centre. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9