Aurora Cannabis, Inc

Aurora Cannabis, Inc Employee Reviews

Canada112 reviews
fun workplace
poor management, lots of fun knowledgeable people there but the master grower does not like to listen to their employees. consistently had moldy product that they would do nothing about.
I worked in HR and it was the worst experience ever
I worked in HR and it was a really bad experience. My managers were all driven by big egos and were not smart at all although they thought they were. Extremely narcissistic and all driven by greed. To add, HR has no say at all in the company. Basically they are the monkeys of the company. Whatever senior management will say, it will be. They do not conduct any types of investigations and judge based on assumptions. Extremely stressful and toxic place to work at. Do not recommend to anyone. Save yourself from the trouble and look elsewhere seriously.
Poor management and HR
A typical day of work at Aurora includes not knowing what you're doing. In Vancouver, your workday starts early. The marketing team revolves around Toronto time.

Management doesn't care about the employees in Vancouver. There would be several weeks that I didn't hear from my boss.

Being good at your job is considered a threat.

HR is useless.
Awful work place
Worst job I've ever had and it's because management all think they are better than everyone else. Every single day they come in with new policies and procedures. One person will tell you to do something then someone else will say that's wrong and to do it this way.
Pros
Cons
Aurora
Lack of Structure and Culture
To deal with the missing and poor quality of the data is the most chanllening part.
Highly frequent changing needs from manager is also another chanllenge

fast learning curve
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
No structure and loss management
Great workers. Sad excuse for management
The company was better with the old manager production manager because that was only 1 big salary to pay, after the fired him, they hired 3 stooges and now paying 3x the amount for the same amount of dumb idea
Pros
Great production staff
Cons
Current harvest production manager
Alot of politics for a Cannibis company
For a company that specializes in growing a product that reduces stress, they sure like to keep staff guessing and stressed. From January onwards nobody knew going in if we would have a job the next day. Combine that with a manager that plays favorites and you have a recipe for disaster. Stay on management's happy side and you'll go far until layoffs come.
Don't
Amazing co-workers but terrible upper management. Constant fear of loss of job or drama being spread around the work solace. It's like the high school of cannabis.
Aurora: A Learning Experience
A typical day at work:
- Working 6am to 6pm + Weekends

- First meal at 330pm

What I learned:

- "How to build the plane while flying"

- How to read minds, see the future and speak the truth

- How to excel with short project timelines and be the most adaptable/flexible employee possible

- How to operate and promote in the most regulated consumer industry in Canada

- What "Share Dilution" is

- How to de-escalate tense situations with patients, customers, investors and provincial authorities.

Management:

- Completely lost

- Petty infighting at the senior executive level

- Pride and greed are rampant

- Poor controls and oversight

- Reactive vs. Proactive leadership

- Bullying and moral oversteps

- A top-heaving organizational structure that makes zero sense with multiple redundancies.

Hardest part of my (former) job:

- Being underpaid by 20% compared to my peers and the industry average.

- Razor-thin margins of time for executing projects, with a highly reactive verse responsive style of leadership.

- Constant staff turnover due to poor hiring practices, nepotism and empire building.

Most enjoyable part of my (former) job:

- Colleagues
Very stressful and lacked clear direction.
I wouldn't recommend working in the Toronto office specifically. The culture is sickening and stressful. The management isn't good at being inspiring leaders and they also don't know how to build teams. If you like start ups with a lack of empathy than this place is for you.
Start up business with start up issues
Disorganized company with management that was hired by friends. Love the cannabis culture, loved being able to work from home, didn't like the corporate secrecy stuff.
Headless chickens
If you don’t fit you will feel it real fast
They seem to be looking for mind readers

Back stabbing is part of the culture

They had problems to understand the ways of working in Quebec compared to Alberta!
Pre Roll
Aurora was a life long lesson to me to always stay strong to my values and threat people equally. I love the Pre Roll Family.
Glad to be the Pioneer foundation of this department.
Toxic place to work.
Management lies and manipulates everyone against each other. They do sketchy business, hiding things from health Canada and firing good people for no reason. They try to keep us as mindless drones as the boys club that's incharge beniffits from it all. The only up side is that we can smoke weed in the tent in the parking lot because farmers are sick of us smoking on there property.
This ship is on fire!
Stay away, they are going down in flames! Mismanaged with exorbitant spending. No controls in place for finances and massive layoffs. Would not recommend!
Reactive organization with no strategic vision
Organization is very chaotic, unorganized, and dysfunctional. Lacks strategic objectives. Would not recommend working at Aurora.

Project managers, business analysts, system analysts beware! Reactive decisions in IS resulted in cancelled projects, rework, wasted work. I was informed that rework was a constant at Aurora due to the ever changing environment. Rework, reactive decisions created a stressful and toxic environment. I was surprised how negative employees and contractors were regarding the organization.

In addition, a large number of management employees were not trained nor had experience in the position they were assigned to. How can the organization expect to succeed if they are setting themselves up for failure with their hiring practices?
Corrupt management & failing business model
I worked at Aurora from the beginning of the stores opening, I helped stock the shelves, set up the store, even helped design the system they would use to help customers. And then they laid me off. I had multiple customers rave to my manager about me, not to mention they hired other people after me who didn't get laid off. In total they laid off 5 employees, some of whom were excellent sales staff and loyal employees. This company is sure digging a big hole in the ground. (Some staff members make $15 an hour and some make $16.50 even tho they are in the same position with the same experience level)
Good place to work if you take your job seriously
If you are going to fool around and cause incidents, harrass coworkers, or not do your job how you were told, you are going to be reprimanded. If you work hard, show that you care, and follow procedures, then you will be able to find happiness working here.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good
Cons
Hours for packaging are a little odd, but 4 days on 4 days off make up for it
Pas de reconnaissance
Environnement stressant

Aucune sécurité d'emploi.
Once was passionate
It is amazing how you can be so passionate about a place and management basically changes tour opinion pretty quick . EVERYTHING is run completely backwards. My only advice is do as least as possible and you might get somewhere. Everyone is against one another. They do not appreciate and respect enthusiasm whatsoever
the shifts kill you
shifts are too long and hard, switch between night and day shift every two weeks. the work is easy but management sucks and doesnt help anyone really.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora Cannabis, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1