Aurora Cannabis, Inc Employee Reviews

Extremely unorganized place to work
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB10 January 2019
Got hired on as an Industrial Cleaner. Their orientation is a joke at best. You get 0 training & are forced to learn everything on your own. Management is a nightmare. You're told that they welcome all suggestions to improvement but when you do they begin to dislike you. Stating that, "they are the experts", so your opinions & suggestions are nothing more than a wasted effort.

There is a ton of favoritism there. Lazy employees in every division, leaving it up to the handful of good workers in the plant to make up for the lack of good workers. Nobody seems to care about the constant chaos brought on because of bad management. Apparently losing money due to poor management is not an issue for Aurora.

Everything there is about hitting those #' s. Safety is quite frequently ignored because time is always crunched. You feel rushed with everything you do.

If you're a person who strives to make things run as smooth as possible then forget about Aurora. If you take any pride in your work then also forget about Aurora. If you're ok with being just another #, slacking all day with everyone else & constantly wondering what exactly you're supposed to be doing then this is the company for you.

Could be an amazing company to work for but unfortunately it's not. Lots of false promises. Beware, this company is not what it seems. Maybe a few years from now they will fix these issues but as it stands now this is one of the most unprofessional & poorly managed companies I've ever worked for in Canada.
Pros
Flexible schedule, decent pay, lots of opportunity for OT
Cons
Very poor management, HR non-existent, favoritism, safety issues, chaotic, mass confusion
Total Disappointment - Waste of time , no career possibility
Harvester (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2019
HR is a complete un organized mess and 100% detached from the rest of the company

They have no effective safety policy in place and leaves employees unsafe every moment spent working on property

This is not a welcoming company in any fashion and they have very low standards in every regard from a safety stand point all the way to production, If compared to similar companies in the industry
Pros
3$ higher an hour than average
Cons
Management extremely unqualified and lack of Job security, team members, HR structure, poor policies
Their priorities are upside down
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2018
I currently work at Aurora and let me tell you something: This company has it all upside down. They would rather spend thousands of dollars flying all their employees to Edmonton and paying their hotel accommodation and all of this with the investors money as this is a publicly traded company BUT they won't give you a dollar raise because "the market data in your city shows otherwise". I call this BS.
Pros
Good team mates + good benefits
Cons
low pay + work overload + stress
The Healing Power of Nature?
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2018
Aurora Cannabis is set to be one of the biggest medical cannabis producers in the world, with exponential growth comes serious growing pain. Aurora's culture was the most notable and exciting of all the major LPs, unfortunately that culture has died and the company's core values are nothing more than exciting words for the CEO to toss around. Aurora suffers from many things, to name a few:

- Absolutely the worst management ever seen in a billion $ company
- Horrible executive leadership and vision
- An employee structure that makes zero sense
- Poor fiscal responsibility
- Ugly competition between employees

I could go on. The reality is that Aurora has very competent people in key areas - Regulatory/ Science/ Research/ IT/ M&A. These are the reasons for Aurora's fantastic growth record, unfortunately it will take 1-2 years before Aurora starts to clean up the mess.

If you want to work for this company steer towards the areas mentioned.
Pros
Salary/ benefits/ exposure to blooming industry
Cons
Pointless meetings / long hours due to disorganization/ unskilled management
Great coworkers but terribly disorganized
Harvester (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 November 2018
They treat their employees well but the process of getting production going is a huge issue. No proactive thinking so much time is spent sitting around or going home early. No communication between departments.
Pros
Great coworkers, great company parties and good benefits
Cons
Poor management, disorganized, lack of communication among departments
Total Disappointment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2018
What seemed like the dream job sure changed quickly. There is zero accountability with management and leadership. Very top heavy structure with “what have you don’t for me lately” attitudes. HR does a great job of protecting upper management, while supporting constructive dissmisisal process. Favourites chosen on teams and is made quite obvious. Culture is headed towards high stress and high pressure. Missing the mark on how Canadian cannabis companies should represent themselves.
Great industry, lack luster management
Propagation (Former Employee) –  Cremona, AB5 November 2018
In my time working for Aurora I learned a lot about myself given the challenges with management. The company always has work for you which is great but because it was a new industry I think management could have handled things very differently.
Pros
swag
Cons
managment
Shady and Lying HR and Management
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2018
This company is growing very fast but dont value their employees. Just another big monster with no feelings. They say they value their employees but their HR is double faced and dont have an open policy. You get promised to get promoted but they keep you waiting around and instead will hire someone else externally. Management is unprofessional and dont know how to manage people or figure out which direction to take. HR tries to please whatever management wants and doesnt make employees feel valued. Basically a bunch of liars, hypocrites and back stabbers. Also lot of shady things going around. Dont waste your time waiting around you deserve better.
Pros
Good benefits and good co workers
Cons
Hypocritical Management and HR
Client Care Department
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  British Columbia10 September 2018
This job has fantastic culture, and really had a knack for hiring great people. The staff really make everything worth it.

That being said the management does not always do a good job at understanding what the department needs to run smoothly. A lot of work that is asked of you is redundant, and if you point that out your bosses are unlikely to fix it as they will have no idea what you do.

The clients that you deal with are overall very angry at the process. A lot of this is due to the laws that regulate medical cannabis in Canada. However, I believe that if Aurora were more organized they would have better resources to assist their employees with client escalations.
Pros
Great work culture, great staff, lots of opportunity, no work to take home.
Cons
Poor management, dealing with angry calls, not enough variety in work, inefficient work policies.
Best place to work at!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC10 June 2018
Aurora is a wonderful place to work at! I go to work every morning excited to start my day. All the staff works hard but it is acknowledged and we are very well taken care of. The team building is astonishing and I have not yet met someone that I didn't get along with. It is like being part of a big family , everyone is treated equally and everybody helps each other out. There is so much knowledge to acquire from working with all kinds of interesting people. I have never had a problem getting the answers I needed or having my concerns taken in consideration. I consider myself very lucky to be part of the Aurora team!
Pros
Team, knowledge, fun events, open door policy
Cons

Want to know more about Aurora Cannabis, Inc?

Ask a question
ok
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 May 2018
Good job for regular workers
Expectations can be high with low support
Super compagnie
Chef d'équipe (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 May 2018
Super compagnie, gestion humaine, équipe dynamique et avantage remarquable. Belle endroit poir se développer sur le long terme
Pros
Ambiance, collegue, avantage, gestionnaire
HR is a joke, office politics, drama, unless you kiss the right butt your out
Bottle Sorter (Former Employee) –  Cremona, AB15 March 2018
Pay is ok starting at $18/hr, that is about the only thing good about this company. HR is a complete joke they say they have open door policy and they will listen to your concern's. Lies all lies. Working conditions is repetitive and very hard on they body, I now have tendonitis from working there. Aurora is considered a factory so expect to work all holidays. Overtime is a joke w/ taxes taking home half of it. They don't give you stock shares in the company and they will fire you with no reason even if you if are never late, work all overtime and get along w/ everyone. I have never worked w/ such a two-faced lying company before.
Pros
starting at $18/hr
Cons
Management, HR and leads what your back, keep mouth shut and head down.
Amazing Job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2018
Aurora Cannabis, Inc. is the top leader in Cannabis sales for a reason. With every great idea and first few contacts in Canadian Cannabis Sales I have yet to see repercussions or tendency of punctuality. I have only positive opinions about Aurora Cannabis, Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora Cannabis, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5