Aurora Cannabis, Inc
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

Aurora Cannabis, Inc Employee Reviews

Doesnt addrss its problems, keeps repeating the same bad decisions - plant a room, kill the room, replant what you just killed because they cant plan demand properly. disconnected leaders. Staff are treated like disposables but VPs are hired constantly - the current 47 cant do it, so adding another should fix it, right??? Lost its identity. The only leader at the executive level who actually had a clue is also leaving, its only a matter of time until another mass layoff, another site closure or getting merged into another business - outsourcing is the motto of the new CEO. Lost its soul when the founders left. Its a lemon, wrapped in a sales pitch.
Pros
Nothing good enough to out weigh the bad
Cons
No leaders who understand the industry or people. HR is non existant, sales are a joke, finance cant even pay a bill on time or correctly. Its shameful how disorganized it is.
Great culture as long as you act professionally. I met amazing people, enjoyed my job. I had a great team and we accomplished a lot. The downside is that Aurora is seeing huge shifts in their business model which has resulted in thousands of layoffs. If I could have stayed I would have. I think the way they are moving, after a lot of growing pains, is positive. The culture is what you make of it, so be professional and take your job seriously and you will be recognized for it.
Pros
Employee appreciation, lots of opportunity
Cons
Mismanaged company leading to structural shifts
They let go 214 people one week before Christmas. They told us the day before that we had nothing to worry about. Blindsided alot of good people with great skills. They don't care about the little people, just there to exploit the industry.
I loved working for Aurora, I would have stayed there until retirement if they were a properly managed company and didn’t squander everything and shut down our local facility. Severance was a joke, they lost so many staff before they could close the operation properly because they treated everyone so poorly. The benefits were good, lots of good coworkers, my direct supervisor was great, but any one from head office is a garbage human being. They claimed they weren’t buying Cannimed just for the name and then 2 years later they shuttered the facility and took the name.
Pros
Unsupervised work, benefits
Cons
Long hours, poor company management.
When I first started at Aurora it was an exceptional place to work. They honoured the cannabis culture and seemed to make it about the patients who relied on medical cannabis for their quality of life. As time went on it became more and more about profit and growth however this was not done in a sustainable way. Focus was on becoming the biggest cannabis company in the world and catering to the C-suite execs. The concert series they put on and the acquisitions of other cannabis companies made Aurora hemorrhage money to the point where they decided the only feasible option was to lay off the frontline workers who work directly with the patients and plants, while execs encountered minimal fallout. They in turn had tripled workloads without any added compensation or legitimate opportunity for growth. They promised that there would be only one round of layoffs and later went through 3, one of which happened right before Christmas. Their product suffered and they sold subpar medicine to desperate medical users. They altered their compassionate pricing standards for their low income clients so that they received very little deductions on medicine they needed to survive. Employees adapted out of fear and it became a culture to fend for yourself and team mentality disappeared with any chance of growth. This company is in the midst of a free fall and desperately grasping for anything to keep it afloat, even if that means using people as their floatation devices. Employees are expendable and profit is top priority. If you’re looking for somewhere to work I suggest you look elsewhere.
Pros
Coffee and vending machines
Cons
Death of integrity, used until mental exhaustion
This company is mismanaged to the extreme, leadership will make goals/promises but never follow through. They care more about the numbers and production than they do about employee health and safety. HR doesn’t understand the concept of confidentiality and shares information with other staff members, it is near impossible to speak to them and get any positive result.
Cons
Low wages
Not exactly the easiest company to work for but you will walk away with some valuable lessons and skills. Patience and flexibility are key. Don’t expect straight forward answers and rely on your own problem solving skills. Training is minimal so expect to learn things trial by fire.
Pros
Free coffee, great benefits plan
Cons
Poor management and training
Aurora Cannabis was the worst place I have ever worked for. Management have no clue and no knowledge. HR is a joke. I worked there for a year and I didn't learn a thing. They don't know what they are doing and for this reason they will go down.One day they hire next week they decide to close the facility and then after 3 months they decide to not shut down !!!!!!What a planning !What a business! With this planning and bad management they need to close all the facilities soon. My greatest regret is leaving a good job and accept a position in this BAD BAD company.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can imagin
A typical day working at aurora consisted of making up your own work (because management had no idea what they were doing) or doing work that would get pawned off onto you because 90% of the people were there to "manage" and "facilitate" work getting done while not actually doing anything tangible. The 10% of people actually doing anything were forced to complete projects that would never see the light of day, while under scrutiny from 7 different project managers.However if you were able to pawn off any of those duties onto a less suspecting person, you would not only be rewarded, you might even see a raise.If you're the type of narcissistic person that enjoys belittling others when your own level of knowledge isn't high enough to complete a simple task, then Aurora is likely going to be the perfect place for you!This company is filled with a bunch of know-it-alls but for some reason couldn't figure out why the budget was never balanced. The leadership from management up to C level executives are filled with incompetent, lazy people that only want to sit on the top and tell everybody below them to pat them on the back. If you stop stroking their larger than life ego, you'll be quickly reprimanded so it's best not to bite the spoon that feeds you.From one idiot CEO who milked the company for every penny he could get, to the new idiot CEO who thinks that using the same strategy as the failed one will show up any type of results. A career with Aurora, if you have done enough brown nosing, completed 300% of work that was expected of you, and smiled the whole time, they'll - more...
Pros
Cons
I've never worked at such an unprofessional organization
The people with the least understanding of production and product will be in management roles. They have no fear of threatening your job security when mentioning safety concerns or injury. Individuals who provide solutions and work hard will be discredited and have their accomplishments stolen by a lead. Going to HR is futile. No one agrees with another creating stressful situations between departments and daily confusion. The benefits are incredible but hardly compensable for the amount of injury. Individuality is squashed here and employees are exceptionally sensitive, there are some diamonds stuck in the rough.
Benefits
This is a shut-up-and-do-your-job kind of job. If you become consumed with the decisions that upper management are making, this is not the job for you. If you concern yourself with things that you cannot change, this is not the job for you. Easily frustrated and have a tough time with change??? You won’t survive. If you have delusions of cannabis bliss... shake it off. This is production. Great benefits, easy work, good pay. No glorious rainbows or lollipops here, but there are some great people.... and not so... like every gig out there.
Pros
Benefits, pay Is good, the work is easy
Cons
Industry is a shitshow, constant change, typical production company mentality; the more you give the more they expect.. all about the numbers
Been here a few days and I’m loving it so far but I also love cannabis so it’s a great fit for me , HR is very helpful and employees are all very friendly. Very clean atmosphere and great benefits
Pros
Cannabis
Cons
Not being able to buy direct
Whoever is running client care does not know what they’re doing. At all. The level of incompetence is absolutely astounding. This company is nothing without its client base yet somehow client care still got massive layoffs not once, but three separate times. After lying to our faces nobody would be laid off from client care. And now they’re hiring staff again? LOL It’s a garbage company to say the least. You will not be paid enough for the stress you’ll have to endure on the daily. They do not care about patients. Your mental health will seriously suffer if you work here. There’s zero support when it comes to anything you need help with. They should really cut their losses and go recreation only. They should sell their client base to a company who cares and can actually handle it. What they’re doing is disgusting and the poor people who buy off them are suffering.
Pros
.25 vending machine - this may be gone now
Cons
No support, low pay, terrible management
Was hired for a remote job but when arrived for training on site (of the LP Aurora recently purchased) the job was a huge paper shuffle. Having in-depth experience with digital platforms my ideas to flip to paperless were shrugged off. Corporate hired me for my capabilities to master the art of client care here. Managers and staff butt heads with directors in this organization. Their immediate and rash solution to that, was to let me go.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Not remote work
I worked at Aurora for about 11 months before I was railroaded out the door on my personal relationship anniversary.I'm am a regular force Army Veteran with tours to Afghanistan, and from my experience, Aurora has a lot of managers, and very few actual leaders. And I've seen more than my share of bad leadership!I have spent a lot of money on lawyers, and talked to two separate law firms that both agree I was blatantly discriminated against when I was "laid-off". So now I have to decide whether petitioning Alberta Human Rights to overturn the release I signed and suing for mental health discrimination is worth it. My psychologist has also stated that she would provide a statement to back my claims. If I sue, I honestly hope they fight me on it so it goes public.I submitted a memo on January 21, 2020, asking for a move into a different position based on my mental health because the hours were killing me. This memo was then forwarded to HR and my director. I'm on sleeping pills amongst other meds for PTSD, and the alternating shifts between day and night were getting difficult to handle. On February 9, I went in on my DAY OFF and talked to my manger about being brought back to Aurora Sky since my peers there didn't do as many night shifts. While I was there, I had a mental health episode and said the wrong thing to my boss, which he took as a threat to a coworker (it wasn't a threat though). I immediately followed him into his office, apologized for my statement, explained that it was part of my mental health issues, and that it wouldn't happen again. I also have ADHD, which - more...
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Terrible managers, very little leadership
Do as your told and not as I do is a big attitude here. Some people are great but unfortunately they’re stretched along the few who aren’t so great. Management can’t seem to get it together. New industry with many problems to face.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Make you feel incompetent
Aurora is run by poor management. They had only one goal to grow big and then shrink down. now they have only few facilities in Canada but they are still heavy on staffing with East and West divisions, that means the upper managers are not good that they are hiding behind these layers. The market has rejected there product because of poor quality, vault is full of product, it’s better that they shut down few more facilities. Investors are lost the trust in them. Not a place to work
Pros
Cons
so many, if u want your carrier to be ruined, this company can do it very nicely
Passionate employees are not seen as an asset. Just a regular corporate 9-5 job with decent pay and benefits. Overpaid entitled employees, no wonder the company closed 5 facilities and had 2 major layoffs in 2020. Not for anyone who is truly passionate about cannabis. Product is disgusting and depressing. Great for people who don’t care for quality and will shut up and do as they are told
Pros
Health & benefit package
Cons
The low quality cannabis & the work environment
They say they value their business as much as they value their employees. True that. See how they value their business? Wouldn't last long and no direction; same treatment to their employees.
Pros
Salary
Cons
I loved the job in most of first half of my 18mths with Aurora. Then we got a new supervisor who had some serious people skills issues as time progressed. My colleagues were all great. Management was seemingly fighting an uphill battle with constant changes handed down by corporate. It was always something new every month.
Pros
Awesome colleagues
Cons
Poor management
Aurora won’t be around much longer. Everyone hates their jobs, morale is terrible. Don’t waste your time working here. They will fire your coworkers for no reason, no explanation, or they’ll make things up to get rid of them. Don’t try and have an opinion if you are going to risk working here.
Pros
Cons
Toxic work environment