Aurora Cannabis, Inc Employee Reviews

Amazing Culture with Great Pay and Benefits!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2019
Working at Aurora shows:
- A diverse workforce ( Mix of different generations from different walks of life)
- Cooperative and helping senior management staff/ Team Work
- Lots of growth opportunities
- Open Communication
- Amazing Benefits including a Medical Cannabis coverage of $3000 per year and a $1000 of Health/Personal Health Spending Account
- Competitive Compensation Package
Pros
Culture, Team Work, Work-Life Balance, Benefits (PSA Account), Office Space
Amazing Opportunity and Great Place To Be!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB5 March 2019
Aurora Cannabis is an amazing place to work! The best place I have ever worked. They live by their values, management is exceptional and they treat their employees with fairness and compassion. The company provides training that you don’t find at most companies and they are extremely generous with great benefits.

I have found that many people that get hired here feel ENTITLED to a promotion, raise and perks without actually putting in the effort or the time because Aurora believes in promoting from within so people just assume they will move up. This company has grown at an extraordinary pace, which is super exciting so there are growing pains for sure, but all in all, it’s an exceptional place to work with great people to be with everyday!
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Salary, Work/Life Balance, Autonomy, Respect, Empowerment, Succession Planning, Training.
Cons
Not enough work spaces - therefore people often have to double up in an office, No parking available at various locations.
Do not work here
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 February 2019
I worked at Anandia which is now owned by Aurora. The company has very poor management .....all executives have no clue how to treat employees and have no people skills.

I was in misery every day working here.

1. I was promised shares in the company and never got it
2. My supervisor was furious at me because I told him he had to re-download his apps to his iPhone. He previously had an android.
3. The printer at our new office was to be installed by IT staff at Aurora. My supervisor blamed me that it wasn't done, when IT told me that it was installed, tested and running. How is this my fault???? Blame IT, not me.
4. I had an executive text me 30 minutes before a town hall meeting to buy donuts. It was rain, I had to set up the meeting with no help, line ups at Tim hortons are long, and we are located at UBC...
5. FedEx failed to pick up a package at 4pm. I got off at 3pm.. and well they yelled at me for FedEx dropping the ball
6. I had set up an interview with my supervisor and a female candidate. I was yelled at after because apparently "you should never have a Male and female in a room alone".
Pros
I learned from this experience
Cons
Poor Management
Just look somewhere else, bad environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cremona, AB6 February 2019
worked 10-12 hour days, always forced overtime
not overly welcoming place
management and HR is a disaster.
the culture is dog eat dog. and they fire quick.
they are known for not paying employees, and sometimes don't pay new people for upwards of 6 weeks.

the most enjoyable was some of the people that you work with in the grow rooms but management and HR make this company awful.

if you make the right friends you can do well. but most will step on someone else to get ahead.

bad work place environment, could have a much happier feel but its run by the wrong people
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Hr, Management, fire people very easily, only promote on seniority
Very unprofessional
Propagation (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 February 2019
Unprofessional, unorganized, bias. So much favouritism going on in this company. Its all about who you know not what you know. HR is the worst. If I could give it a Zero I would. Don't apply!
Pros
some coworkers are nice
Cons
disorganzied and stressful
Extremely unorganized place to work
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB10 January 2019
Got hired on as an Industrial Cleaner. Their orientation is a joke at best. You get 0 training & are forced to learn everything on your own. Management is a nightmare. You're told that they welcome all suggestions to improvement but when you do they begin to dislike you. Stating that, "they are the experts", so your opinions & suggestions are nothing more than a wasted effort.

There is a ton of favoritism there. Lazy employees in every division, leaving it up to the handful of good workers in the plant to make up for the lack of good workers. Nobody seems to care about the constant chaos brought on because of bad management. Apparently losing money due to poor management is not an issue for Aurora.

Everything there is about hitting those #' s. Safety is quite frequently ignored because time is always crunched. You feel rushed with everything you do.

If you're a person who strives to make things run as smooth as possible then forget about Aurora. If you take any pride in your work then also forget about Aurora. If you're ok with being just another #, slacking all day with everyone else & constantly wondering what exactly you're supposed to be doing then this is the company for you.

Could be an amazing company to work for but unfortunately it's not. Lots of false promises. Beware, this company is not what it seems. Maybe a few years from now they will fix these issues but as it stands now this is one of the most unprofessional & poorly managed companies I've ever worked for in Canada.
Pros
Flexible schedule, decent pay, lots of opportunity for OT
Cons
Very poor management, HR non-existent, favoritism, safety issues, chaotic, mass confusion
Total Disappointment - Waste of time , no career possibility
Harvester (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2019
HR is a complete un organized mess and 100% detached from the rest of the company

They have no effective safety policy in place and leaves employees unsafe every moment spent working on property

This is not a welcoming company in any fashion and they have very low standards in every regard from a safety stand point all the way to production, If compared to similar companies in the industry
Pros
3$ higher an hour than average
Cons
Management extremely unqualified and lack of Job security, team members, HR structure, poor policies
Was a good place to work until poor management got involved
Cannabis Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 January 2019
I worked for Canadian Cannabis Clinics which was acquired by Aurora in my time with the company. The position was challenging in the beginning but it got better as the company evolved. Unfortunately one of the managers that was hired after me didn't assist me as promised as my role developed into more administrative work and less patient care. Clinic side the staff and work was great and satisfying, but admin side had weird coworkers and a couple poor managers. All in all I enjoyed working with the company when I was doing what I was hired for but wouldn't put much faith in management having your best interests in mind.
Pros
Great colleagues in clinic, paid annual meeting in Calgary
Cons
Chaotic organization at times, management support is suspect
Their priorities are upside down
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2018
I currently work at Aurora and let me tell you something: This company has it all upside down. They would rather spend thousands of dollars flying all their employees to Edmonton and paying their hotel accommodation and all of this with the investors money as this is a publicly traded company BUT they won't give you a dollar raise because "the market data in your city shows otherwise". I call this BS.
Pros
Good team mates + good benefits
Cons
low pay + work overload + stress
The Healing Power of Nature?
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2018
Aurora Cannabis is set to be one of the biggest medical cannabis producers in the world, with exponential growth comes serious growing pain. Aurora's culture was the most notable and exciting of all the major LPs, unfortunately that culture has died and the company's core values are nothing more than exciting words for the CEO to toss around. Aurora suffers from many things, to name a few:

- Absolutely the worst management ever seen in a billion $ company
- Horrible executive leadership and vision
- An employee structure that makes zero sense
- Poor fiscal responsibility
- Ugly competition between employees

I could go on. The reality is that Aurora has very competent people in key areas - Regulatory/ Science/ Research/ IT/ M&A. These are the reasons for Aurora's fantastic growth record, unfortunately it will take 1-2 years before Aurora starts to clean up the mess.

If you want to work for this company steer towards the areas mentioned.
Pros
Salary/ benefits/ exposure to blooming industry
Cons
Pointless meetings / long hours due to disorganization/ unskilled management
Great coworkers but terribly disorganized
Harvester (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 November 2018
They treat their employees well but the process of getting production going is a huge issue. No proactive thinking so much time is spent sitting around or going home early. No communication between departments.
Pros
Great coworkers, great company parties and good benefits
Cons
Poor management, disorganized, lack of communication among departments
Total Disappointment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2018
What seemed like the dream job sure changed quickly. There is zero accountability with management and leadership. Very top heavy structure with “what have you don’t for me lately” attitudes. HR does a great job of protecting upper management, while supporting constructive dissmisisal process. Favourites chosen on teams and is made quite obvious. Culture is headed towards high stress and high pressure. Missing the mark on how Canadian cannabis companies should represent themselves.
Great industry, lack luster management
Propagation (Former Employee) –  Cremona, AB5 November 2018
In my time working for Aurora I learned a lot about myself given the challenges with management. The company always has work for you which is great but because it was a new industry I think management could have handled things very differently.
Pros
swag
Cons
managment
Shady and Lying HR and Management
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2018
This company is growing very fast but dont value their employees. Just another big monster with no feelings. They say they value their employees but their HR is double faced and dont have an open policy. You get promised to get promoted but they keep you waiting around and instead will hire someone else externally. Management is unprofessional and dont know how to manage people or figure out which direction to take. HR tries to please whatever management wants and doesnt make employees feel valued. Basically a bunch of liars, hypocrites and back stabbers. Also lot of shady things going around. Dont waste your time waiting around you deserve better.
Pros
Good benefits and good co workers
Cons
Hypocritical Management and HR
Client Care Department
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  British Columbia10 September 2018
This job has fantastic culture, and really had a knack for hiring great people. The staff really make everything worth it.

That being said the management does not always do a good job at understanding what the department needs to run smoothly. A lot of work that is asked of you is redundant, and if you point that out your bosses are unlikely to fix it as they will have no idea what you do.

The clients that you deal with are overall very angry at the process. A lot of this is due to the laws that regulate medical cannabis in Canada. However, I believe that if Aurora were more organized they would have better resources to assist their employees with client escalations.
Pros
Great work culture, great staff, lots of opportunity, no work to take home.
Cons
Poor management, dealing with angry calls, not enough variety in work, inefficient work policies.
Best place to work at!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC10 June 2018
Aurora is a wonderful place to work at! I go to work every morning excited to start my day. All the staff works hard but it is acknowledged and we are very well taken care of. The team building is astonishing and I have not yet met someone that I didn't get along with. It is like being part of a big family , everyone is treated equally and everybody helps each other out. There is so much knowledge to acquire from working with all kinds of interesting people. I have never had a problem getting the answers I needed or having my concerns taken in consideration. I consider myself very lucky to be part of the Aurora team!
Pros
Team, knowledge, fun events, open door policy
ok
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 May 2018
Good job for regular workers
Expectations can be high with low support
Super compagnie
Chef d'équipe (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 May 2018
Super compagnie, gestion humaine, équipe dynamique et avantage remarquable. Belle endroit poir se développer sur le long terme
Pros
Ambiance, collegue, avantage, gestionnaire
HR is a joke, office politics, drama, unless you kiss the right butt your out
Bottle Sorter (Former Employee) –  Cremona, AB15 March 2018
Pay is ok starting at $18/hr, that is about the only thing good about this company. HR is a complete joke they say they have open door policy and they will listen to your concern's. Lies all lies. Working conditions is repetitive and very hard on they body, I now have tendonitis from working there. Aurora is considered a factory so expect to work all holidays. Overtime is a joke w/ taxes taking home half of it. They don't give you stock shares in the company and they will fire you with no reason even if you if are never late, work all overtime and get along w/ everyone. I have never worked w/ such a two-faced lying company before.
Pros
starting at $18/hr
Cons
Management, HR and leads what your back, keep mouth shut and head down.
Amazing Job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2018
Aurora Cannabis, Inc. is the top leader in Cannabis sales for a reason. With every great idea and first few contacts in Canadian Cannabis Sales I have yet to see repercussions or tendency of punctuality. I have only positive opinions about Aurora Cannabis, Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aurora Cannabis, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6