Attridge Transportation Incorporated Employee Reviews

No benefits, no job security. Poor management.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto22 April 2019
Good for part time but always need to be on the hunt for extra hours. Driver favouritism. Never appreciated for the work and time you put in. This company has no benefits. The worst part is that they never get your pay correct. If you don’t check your paystubs they always seem to mess things up. You end up waiting weeks for your pay.
Pros
You can work as many or as little hours you want
Cons
Poor hours
Fun working with the kids
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 April 2019
Good company but wages not at parr with other areas, pay should be the same across board. Elsewhere drivers receive atleast $3 more, some dispatchers are for the drivers
Pros
Split shift
Cons
Long hours some with no pay
Low level of respect
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON2 April 2019
As a driver, you treated as just a person who can be replaced. The senior office staff in Waterdown are just rude to new drivers..
That is why the turnover is SO HIGH! The worst managed laocatiom ever worked for.
Pros
Unless you are senior driver it is awful
Cons
No Charter’s unless you are friends with charter person
Top rated company in school bus transportation
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2019
The company pays top dollars if you decide to become a school bus driver. The cost of a FREE TRAINING is ~$3,000.
You are the one who decides how much you want to work and with charters offered, at the end of the month, this job might be equal to a full time employment.
Soon, the group Health & Dental insurance will be offered, but it will not be mandatory.
Management will take in the consideration any problem that you experience at your work and you will get a full support.
You will meet lots of people like yourself and this is a good opportunity for networking.
GENERALLY SPEAKING: THIS IS A PART TIME JOB AND ATTRIDGE IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK (of course, nothing is perfect, but patience and politeness will open any doors for you).
Pros
Annual BBQs, Safety meetings, interacting with parents, school staff..
Cons
Waiting on Health and Dental insurance !
Low level of respect
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON31 March 2019
Pros
Unless you are senior driver it is awful
Cons
No Charter’s unless you are friends with charter person
Promises Not Kept
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON28 March 2019
I was promised to be paid according to the time I was out on my route. That was the original route I was given. Then you get made to do extra pickups every day and you do not get paid. If you don’t do these you do NOT get any Charter’s and then threatened about your job. The management in the Waterdown office is very scary. The ladies are very awful with no people skills and yell and scream. Do not work here.
Pros
A job
Cons
Horrible terrible supervisors in Waterdown
Much Needed to Improve at this company
school bus driver (Current Employee) –  Waterdown, ON27 March 2019
This company needs to get baetter management as it is all favorites who get charters. If you no like the by office people in Waterdown you never get any.
Pros
job
Cons
favorite people get work
Awesome place to work
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  waterdown Ontario Canada21 March 2019
Typical day at work was 6 hrs a day picking up handicap students and taking them to school and then picking them up and taking them home. Management was always there if you needed help in anyway. the hardest part of the job was getting attached to the kids. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the kids advance.
Pros
Seeing and meeting new people
Cons
saying goodbye to the special needs kids
Watch your pay stub
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 March 2019
I have recently started working here because I was promised an easy route close to home and then I could do Charter’s in my down time. None of that has happened. I have to cover routes because of driver shortage and do not get paid minimum wage when you add up hours.
Pros
Newer bus
Cons
Pay is super low when you add your time up
Last Place You Want To Work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 March 2019
This is the last place you want to work. The management is all family run and you only get Charter’s if you are like by family members. Anyone in Hamilton can confirm this so ask drivers before you start. Your pay always gets reduced wen you put in extra pay sheets. Most drivers have been fired from other bus companies and wind up working here as a last resort.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Bad management, favourites get extra work
Horrible Management
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 March 2019
This place is run terribly. This is where you have all the worst management practices a company can have - yelling in office, favouritism and a lack of regard for people. This is the last place you should go to work for.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Worst management ever seen
Need some better managers
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 February 2019
The management of this family company is difficult with all the yelling and screaming. I don’t now how you can get away with treating your employees like this all time. This is high turnover and this is why. They are always hiring because people leave everyday from here.
Pros
Cons
The way you are treated
Lots of free time
Driver- School Bus (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON11 February 2019
This bus company does not micro manage you like some of the others. You do your route, manage your vehicle and are left alone. They will come get your bus for repair and leave you a spare which saves you time having to take it in yourself. Pays better than other companies. Runs are long and complicated, sometimes having three or four different school in one run so over 200 kids over 90min runs.
Pros
Not micro managed
Cons
Hectic runs
nice
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2019
good and good and good and great and good

amazing
alright
good pay
never lies
up front
good routes
first come first serve
never bug you on the radio
Great for Part-timers
Chaperone (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM22 January 2019
I enjoyed interacting with the kids (when they behaved) but the kids loved me anyways LOL. Flexible with schedules but sometimes hard to arrange for time off when I need it for mine and son's appointments. Being Deaf makes me unique at this company therefore communication with other staff and manager can be a challenge if they are not patient with me repeating their verbal communication.
Pros
interactions with the kids
Cons
other staff not patient with me
Worst transportation provided
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  10 Akron Rd18 January 2019
This is the worst company too have your children go too in there buses. From management, dispatcher to drivers and would not trust my kids on their buses, who threaten drivers, are rude, ignorant and lie too get the drivers fired. No heart at all! Totally disrespectful staff too management.
Pros
Cons
Non
I had a very bad experience with attridge
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2019
If your thinking of working from attridge , they want robots to drive the bus! They will not help you if there are problems, so personally avoid attridge.
Pros
Part time work
Cons
Bad hours and horrible management
The wheels on the bus go round and round
Charter Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 September 2018
I love coming to work everyday and knowing how many lives we change with our work. My daily activities range from quotations for new charters, dispatching drivers, processing administrative details for each trip, connecting with payroll to make sure drivers are paid appropriately. I received phenomenal support and training with every step of the way. With 42 years experience and growing Attridge is an outstanding place to work!
Pros
Great Support, Newest Fleet of Vehicles, Lots of room for Advancement
Cons
Not enough parking spots available
Too much nonsense
Coach Bus Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 July 2018
This would be a terrific "extra income" job for someone if there was no drama and back stabbing. First of all, there are too many cooks in the kitchen... who's the real boss? Manager is a very manipulative and two faced person... Lots of bullying, also lots of ego for people who have done nothing with their lives. Every week there is drama ensuing to the point of chaos in the working environment- nobody can get along! This place is literally the 7th run of h3ll!!!
Initially fun to work first year second yeat was not anywhere near as good
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2018
The operation was poorly organized as well as have older equipment that required constant repairs
Gave new equipment to new inexperienced drivers and they damaged new units
Pros
Initially good envirnment to work
Cons
Poorly organizef no follow up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Attridge Transportation Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Attridge Transportation Incorporated Reviews by Job Title