Attridge Transportation Incorporated Employee Reviews

Difficult (Coach cleaner)
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 April 2018
Randomized hours. Some nights you come in for two hours, other nights for six.
You will probably get called in on nights off. Even when the shift starts in an hour and you have plans to attend to.

Laid back overall but people take advantage of this and cause problems with other staff.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
No breaks, chaotic, no communication
Very low salary
Part-time/Full time Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 April 2018
Need to improve on salary for school bus drives, we take big risks every day to assure your children make it safe to and from school and we get no recognition for it.
Pros
We get to ale our own children to work
Cons
Doesn’t pay enough
No Loyalty/ Little Respect
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 January 2018
2 thumbs down.
No wonder they are always scrambling for drivers.
Pay does not reflect level of responsibility.
Company does NOT have drives backs. Zero support. We are just warm bodies to drive their equipment.
No matter how many hours you work, how much you do at the end of the day your disposable. Your just a vehicle to make the owners more money.
I personally know many drivers who have to use food banks. Homeless drivers sleeping in there vehicles. This company is very disappointing.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no loyalty
Awful place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 January 2018
Awful place to work they don't pay you enough the busses are not taken care of by mechanics when you have a problem they tell you to keep an eye on it it will be fine. People at head office have no idea who you are they don't care about the employees.
Pros
Non
Cons
Attridge
Rewarding work place
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 November 2017
If you like working with youth and enjoy driving a bus-this place has it all! Great management and workplace culture! Typical day at work-enjoyable for the most part.
Dtiving school bus
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 September 2017
Typical day at Attridge, doing my circle check in the am before my morning school run. Doing extra work like charters for the school boards. I also learned how to be a better driver. Family orientated, you can bring your kids to work with you if they are young and not in school. The hardest part of the job is avoiding accidents out on the road. The most enjoyable part of job is seeing new places I have never been to.
Pros
free entrence to parks
Cons
people will stab you in the back their to get what they want.
Daily route pick up/drop off
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 September 2017
A typical day would consist of the following:
Pick-up and Drop off passengers of all ages to and from school and/or charter services driving a large 52 passenger school bus
Complete additional chartered work for various companies/schools
Complete daily pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspections of the vehicle
Complete all route paperwork
Pros
Drive the bus home
Cons
Pay not adequate
Good for person looking Part time work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2017
Good for women talking care of kids, no baby sitting problem
Good for retired person
School time job
Person should to patient to handle kids in bus and parents outside the bus
time for change
Motor Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 July 2017
14 to 16 hours per day
people are the same most are very nice but a few are not so nice
increasing work load
workplace culture is not as good as when I first started with Attridge in 2006
3 days in a row
fellow coach dribers
Good company for a part time job
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 July 2017
It is a good company to work with. management is friendly and caring and try to provide all the tools to perform the job. However, it seems like there is not much opportunity for advancement. The people are helpful.
Pros
lot of home time
Cons
just a part time job
Bus driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 June 2017
The lack of support drivers get on misbehaved children who repeatedly act out is unacceptable. A driver is taken off route if there is a complaint from a parent even though the child has been a repeat offender.The ideology of safety and respect your bus driver isn't a reality.The school board and parents who have not been driving or really care to know don't do anything.The driver was just told we don't value you or what you put up with on route.When this happens the driver is the victim and bad behavior gets rewarded.The buses are in and out of repairs and on and off what you will be driving is a pain.Buses breaking down can happen but its the same bus, gets frustrating.When buses are past time on the road by ministry standards they look the other way.It is income and in between work like field trips they pay you a set amount that works out less than minimum wage.Having rules means nothing if the management doesn't admit or open their eyes.The headache of all the talk of the little things on drivers to watch for this and that doesn't work both ways.There is a reason why drivers are in shortage and why drivers are leaving for the little money they are paid.
Pros
income driving
Cons
lack of driver support- politics-mechanical issues
Fun working with Attrdige.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
Attridge Transport is a very good company to work. Except salary everything is alright. I have very flexible schedule and best rout close to my home. Management is very kind and cooperative.
Pros
occasionally breakfast and lunch by the company on all gatherings.
Cons
No long hours, no burden of work.
No loyalty
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
Year ago company finally gets a really good dispatcher who is always there an helpful to drivers had everything organized working like clock work an they terminate for a woman who had just started couple months. The dispatcher had put in so much personal time to make sure division running smoothly, wasn't recognized for time an effort they put in so just did as was expected.
Since dismissal the current dispatcher is pushing drivers to do more hours than legal for drivers!
Only recommended this company as stepping stone to greater pastures. Definitely don't be hoping for future with this company!
Pros
Pay is reasonable for coach thx to union
Cons
Lack of support for drivers. No more respect
Part time but not paid for all the hours worked
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 February 2017
I loved driving the children to and from school. That could be lots of fun however I was never paid for checking out the bus every morning and if a days run took anything over 4 hours I was not paid any extra. 4 hours pay per day was the limit.
Waste of my time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 January 2017
I trained over two weeks and was ready to take the driving test. (with no pay)
I got 100% on the written exam.
Clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector.
Handed in medical which i paid 110 dollars for
Driving abstract from ministry.
All above cost money from my pocket plus my time that I could have been earning money while training with them (from my other job)

Was told I couldn't do the driving test as they were waiting for something to come back from the OPP, no idea why it didnt come back and they didnt seem to care or check or follow up on it, never heard from them again!!???

Total waste of time, and out of four of us training together, two got hired on and two were told OPP didnt come back??

You would think they would have at least contacted me and apologized for my wasted time and MONEY.
Pros
Cons
no guarantee of hiring after lots of money spent on required certificates
If you want to put in hours/day of unpaid time this is the job for you.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Niagara13 October 2016
every dispatcher seems to have different rules and training
other drivers are good
a lot of unpaid work time expected
. for example the time between high school and grade school runs sometimes up to an hour is unpaid, cannot go anywhere in the bus as this is "personal use" while you are waiting for 2nd run.
Time to first pickup is unpaid no matter how far from the starting point on your assigned route or after you drop the kids off at school.
Pros
children on route
Cons
too much unpaid time when you are working
Great new management culture
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton28 July 2016
The company is moving in a great new direction. Some excellent new management hires recently that will move this company in the right direction. Everyone is excited in Hamilton area. It is a way better place to work than even one year ago.
Pros
Driver coffee meetings
Cons
Cold weather early days
very good environment to work in
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 May 2016
early morning start, and early end
i learned to drive large vehicles
very easy to work and get along with management very caring
the hardest part of the job is the responsibility of the kids, making sure they are 100% safe
most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all kinds of different people and different age groups.
Pros
able to spend time with my family
Cons
there are no benefits
Enjoyed working with a variety of clients
Charter Driver & School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, Ontario23 September 2015
Drove various customers to destinations across Ontario
o Met customers in a friendly manner and assisted them with activity guidelines
o Scheduled drop off and pick up times
o Organized and assisted with the unloading and loading of equipment
would NEVER recommend anyone to work at this company
driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga25 August 2015
This is a place to make a minimal amount working 4 hours a day seasonally to get by if you are desperate for a joband have a basic drivers license.

Other bus companies don't play these games.
Pros
paid biweekly direct deposit
Cons
you will do a lot of extras you will NEVER be paid for-terrible family management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Attridge Transportation Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Attridge Transportation Incorporated Reviews by Job Title