Attridge Transportation Incorporated

Attridge Transportation Incorporated Employee Reviews

Canada154 reviews
Good
Nice part time jobs.but company only do business in the West end not in East end.It supposed to find more job opportunities in Scarborough too in future.
Pros
Good
Cons
Nothing special
Excellent
Professional team to work with
Manager are very nice

Great team , one of the best jobs in Burlington , flexible, pay on time , I had no problem with them since I started a year ago.
Tough Times
Don’t expect that we will called back anytime soon. That is ok. Will get other job as so many others will. No one cares about employees at company and employees feel the same.
great summer Job
worked here 2 summers. GREAT BOSS! I was responsible to clean the inside of all school buses and other school vehicles. hard hot work but monday to friday days i cant complain
Pay Issues Still Going On
The pay issues i had before school stopped continues and can’t get a straight answer on why I do not get payed for all my extra work. You ALWAYS get asked to do an extra run but never get paid for all of it. That is why there is revolving door for drivers.
Hard to get answers
My coworkers are great and I normally really on a select few to get answers To questions that I may have. Only a select few employees have luxury of being able to get a straight answer from someone at company. This really stands out now when we are off and waiting.
Waiting to drive again
This situation has just shut down the highway coach business and waiting fir things to turn around. Hopefully we will get back soon and be able to drive.
Hopefully economy improves
I really loved my job and taking care of customers before the economy turned. I hope to get back to work when things improve so just being hopeful that the coach buses get back soon.
Good part time +
Attridge is wonderful place to work at.
In my 9 years with them, they always out weighed negativity.

Friendly trainers

Very courtesy office staff

Problem solving management

Easly adoptive environment

Extra work
Great Place good people to work with great training
You only work 4 to 5 hours. Great kids and easy job 2 do. You can work extra hours or days If u want. The people are great. And I whould go back anytime but there is just not enough hours to work.
Good place to work. Very positive work atmosphere. Staff are funny and enjoy to joke around. Work is easy if you can handle the summer heat. Good job for people who enjoy cleaning.
Coach Drivers
Coach drivers do not get paid as much as we should and are for extra time than we supposed to be. It is good money but looses 2 hours day for work which is not fine.
Pros
New bus
Cons
Not enough on paycheck
Horrible employer
They do not value good employees and keep employees who routinely smoke on their busses. The high turn over rate is incredible. And nepotism runs rampant at the Attridge's company don't expect to advance past being just a driver with out owing their family something or marriage to one of their relatives!
Good part time job
Great for stay at home moms. Who would like to make extra income. I enjoyed the fact I could stay hone with my kids and take them on the bus with me..
OK for part-timers with no concern for the future
Most of the problems at Attridge are, in all fairness, probably beyond Attridge's control, but are indicative of the School Bus industry as a whole.

Until one can choose School Bus Driving as a career, rather than a part-time minimum-wage job, there will be no need to hire, and even no possibility of hiring, the best drivers on the road, to fill the positions available.

And until then, Attridge will not be in any position to weed out the truly deplorable drivers, and reward the good behaviour among their better drivers.

But due to the shortage of bus drivers available, Attridge must lower their standards. They also must cut corners wherever possible for their bottom line.

Some of the corners being cut include substandard training program(s) (trainers do not even have the slightest clue about rules of the road, ie Ontario Highway Traffic Act, etc), very little pay for the hardest-working and most professional drivers, and an absolutely abhorrent maintenance policy.

I will continue working here until I find a permanent full-time job in my chosen career.
If you are thinking about bus driving then (Attridge) is your company
I enjoy working at (Attridge) as a part-time job, the concerns I have are there should be regular bus wash days as we are always serving customers and we want to make the best impression every day we arrive at their door. Incorporate safety and responsibility, well providing them a level of service that they will remember.
Driver
I think the job is not fair because the is same driver has more work because the are best friends and the give them all the chater it's not fair went other driver ask for more work
Its good place to work , especially for young family. And the dispatch are very friendly, and easy to work with. They do have lots work , if need to work . But please work harder
A typical company
It's the best paying company but lacks vision and professionalism. The equipment can be maintained more efficiently.
The onus is on the driver. From cleaning up barfs due to motion sickness urine and other accidents that young children do without any support or appropriate cleaning equipment from the company. The driver has to buy their own products to keep the bus interior clean.

There is a lot of vandalism in the busses parket overnight in public schools.

The company unfortunately shrugs their responsibility and passes it to the driver.

But they pay on time and are a reliable employer.
Safeway run
The only thing I have an issue with is
When doing a safeway run and it's only a single run when it's scheduled as a double run and we have to sit around for up to 9 hours waiting to go back
Happy School Bus Driver
This is a very rewarding job It gives you time to earn money yet still be home to do the things you need to go. You can go on holiday in the summer and have winter break , you meet all kinds of wonderful people. It is great job for retires and momsvwith little children.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Attridge Transportation Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9