Atmosphere Employee Reviews

enjoyable part of the job
Costumer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 March 2019
The enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the customer on a personal level, teaching them valuable information that they didn't know and seeing their face light up. However this process would take a long time and the management team would disapprove of the time allotted to one customer while side projects were left unattended to. They seem to value speed of service rather then the connections you build with potential returning customers.
Pros
learning about the products
Cons
management
Great place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 February 2019
I worked at Atmosphere over the summer full-time and it was such a great experience. Management was so great and understanding which made it bearable working long hours retail everyday. Everyone in the store is friends and makes work fun.
Pros
people, atmosphere
Cons
slow store
Awesome place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 October 2018
liked working there.the only reason i left was due to time
the supported my travels/ camps and were willing to put up with my occational poor attitude
fun and hard working friendly costumer service and management
Part Time Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 July 2018
fun and well planned and organized
i learned how to organize and maintain a clean work environment and how to sell products to customers.
the hardest part of the job was when the day was slow and there was not much to be done.
good work place with a positive atmosphere and great people
Retail manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC17 July 2018
a good place to work if you are an outdoor enthusiast or a person looking for chill part time work. the hours per week are not consistent but the managers are flexible
Pros
great people and discounts
Cons
odd hours low pay
Atmosphere is a great place to work and learn about outdoor apparel and merchandise
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON6 September 2017
The Bowmanville location has a great team of staff and the management is very flexible with hours when it comes to team sports, school and other careers. A very positive energy throughout the store.
Pros
Discounts. Gain first hand knowledge of new products. Help others to prepare for an adventure.
Great flexibility with schedules and awesome environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 May 2017
Working with Atmosphere stores is similar to most retail settings, but the product and clientele is what sets it apart. An emphasis is placed on healthy living and knowing what you sell, and it makes for a good conversation with customers and a bond between coworkers.
Pros
Flexible hours, great culture, great discount
Cons
Retail hours, mall location
it is a great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 May 2017
I have worked there for over a year. All of my co-workers and managers are great and are nice people to work with. You get to learn about the latest gear in the outdoor scene and get a great discount on everything in the store.
Pros
the discount
Disappointing workplace with no plans for its future
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2017
This company has a poor corporate culture, disrespectful management, and a lack of direction for the future. They've shifted strategies so many times in the last few years, no one knows what to do anymore.
In day to day work, part time retail employees are expected to treat the company as the be all end all, but are paid essentially minimum wage. It's a disgrace.
Exceptional workplace environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 March 2017
Things usually ran very mid-paced unless there was a sale/event. The management was great along with the staff. The hardest part of the job was probably stocking shoes.
enjoyable work place, learned lots, working with costumers was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB22 February 2017
i really enjoyed working so closely with customers to help them find what they need and provide information about the activities i personally love. I also learned lots about the equipment required for numerous outdoor sports.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not many hours
Shoppers Drugmart
Hard Goods Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2017
Great team environment, everyone pitches in to help other parts of the store. Easy job to 'check out' of when youre not at work.
Fun Team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON4 January 2017
Management was not a good store lead.
I liked the long hours and the team was a good team to work with .
I wish I had an opportunity to work with the same team just with an encouraging manager.
Pros
Cons
team lead
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB and Red Deer, AB30 April 2016
Was a great place to work and loved all the people I worked with. Learned so much about all the products that were offered at the store. Management was great and was always energetic. Had so much fun selling all the different products to the customers and finding the perfect product for everyone. Hardest part was keeping track of all the new products that were coming in and knowing all the product information.
fun work place but very slow
Sales associate, welcome customers and assist them (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2016
On a regular day at Atmosphere you don't do much, not many customers come in the store so most of the job is standing around and waiting. You do learn a lot about the products you're selling and the outdoors which is really cool.
Pros
cool co-workers, education
Cons
slow, petty tasks
One of the best places i've worked at so far
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 November 2015
The hours were extremely flexible
management was very understanding and reasonable
one of the most enjoyable parts of the job were being able to pair the right products to the customer and seeing all the interesting things that have been designed
Pros
Discount, fun people to work with
Great people to work with and great company to work for
Cashier (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 August 2015
Great staff and management; good, fun and knowledgeable people

Hours; flexible

Business; depends on the location of store (ex; if it's inside a mall, business depends on how busy the mall is) and time of the year (fall/winter being the most busiest seasons)

Work Load; nothing you won't be able to finish on time, nothing too challenging,

Company; treats employees very well, always advertising how important we are to the company, great business plan (The Complete Experience)
Pros
employee discounts, flexible scheduling, great company
Cons
N/a
Great place to develop people skills
Department leader/manager (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC10 August 2015
Spent everyday providing services to internal and external customers. Sometimes exceeding 100 customers a day.

Allowed me to develop team skills and leadership skills. It was a great place to learn about setting and achieving goals.
Awesome Job for Students
Full Time Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  winnipeg mb11 May 2015
This is a really flexible place to work for students on a part time basis. wages are great and the atmosphere is laid back.

As a full-time employee i usually quite enjoy my day to day stuff. I talk to as many customers as I can to make sure everything is going smoothly on the sales floor. I get to be friends with most of the staff. I oversee the footwear department which offers reprieve from the social life of the floor offering instead some peace and quiet when needed. overall, I'm very satisfied to work here, although i do have my grievences
Pros
awesome discount on gear, flexible hours, benefits for full-timers
Cons
Handling upset customers, sales pressure, long hours always on the go.
Fun and knowledgeable job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 July 2014
Was taught a variety of knowledge about products sold in order to educate myself more about the uses for our products and to also advise and educate our customers.