Atmosphere

Atmosphere Employee Reviews

Mainly stock, and finding product for online orders was what I would do. On a normal day, I would help customers in footwear and on cash, but some days I would be very busy, some days I had no customers. They environment was very fun, once you get to know everyone. They are very welcoming and if school was getting too stressful for me, they would allow me to take some time off work to focus on school which I really appreciated.
Lots of challenges ahead as they seem to be in build phase for an organization. Organizations seems to be focused ( in my area ) on one brand instead of supporting other brands owned by Can Tire
Managers are generally really nice and the co workers are fun to talk to when it gets slow between customers. Discounts can be nice on certain products as well.
very slow-paced, if you are used to something fast-paced like serving, this is 10 times slower than that. all in all, a pretty nice place to work. would recommend.
You are part of a great team at Atmosphere. The management listens to your concerns, but there are hardly any to begin with. It is the least stressful retail job I've ever experienced.
Lots of cool people who work at Atmosphere and come and browse. I have made many good friends working there, and the majority of them are into outdoorsy things.
can be slow at some times but can pick up on a dime. Management is very helpful in rearranging schedules as required. People working there are fantastic as well.
ambiance de travail malsaine et gérant incompétent
Met a lot of great people there and loved the pro deals that we get. The management was supportive and the scheduling was flexible and worked with my other job.
The staff was great, management was ridiculous. Once Canadian Tire took over this company, the expectations for a RETAIL position were ridiculous as well. High expectations with no chance of advancement or pay raise. They show absolutely no loyalty to their employees. A review of this location is irrelevant as this location has closed. It is now a Halloween Store.
Working at Sport Chek is great but it can get boring. The best benefit by far is the discount. Depending on where you work the management might differ, but they're usually always great people that are really experienced looking to help everyone out.
Pros
Discount, Good and Flexible Scheduling
The enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the customer on a personal level, teaching them valuable information that they didn't know and seeing their face light up. However this process would take a long time and the management team would disapprove of the time allotted to one customer while side projects were left unattended to. They seem to value speed of service rather then the connections you build with potential returning customers.
Pros
learning about the products
Cons
management
I worked at Atmosphere over the summer full-time and it was such a great experience. Management was so great and understanding which made it bearable working long hours retail everyday. Everyone in the store is friends and makes work fun.
Pros
people, atmosphere
Cons
slow store
liked working there.the only reason i left was due to time the supported my travels/ camps and were willing to put up with my occational poor attitude
fun and well planned and organized i learned how to organize and maintain a clean work environment and how to sell products to customers. the hardest part of the job was when the day was slow and there was not much to be done.
a good place to work if you are an outdoor enthusiast or a person looking for chill part time work. the hours per week are not consistent but the managers are flexible
Pros
great people and discounts
Cons
odd hours low pay
The Bowmanville location has a great team of staff and the management is very flexible with hours when it comes to team sports, school and other careers. A very positive energy throughout the store.
Pros
Discounts. Gain first hand knowledge of new products. Help others to prepare for an adventure.
Working with Atmosphere stores is similar to most retail settings, but the product and clientele is what sets it apart. An emphasis is placed on healthy living and knowing what you sell, and it makes for a good conversation with customers and a bond between coworkers.
Pros
Flexible hours, great culture, great discount
Cons
Retail hours, mall location
I have worked there for over a year. All of my co-workers and managers are great and are nice people to work with. You get to learn about the latest gear in the outdoor scene and get a great discount on everything in the store.
Pros
the discount
This company has a poor corporate culture, disrespectful management, and a lack of direction for the future. They've shifted strategies so many times in the last few years, no one knows what to do anymore. In day to day work, part time retail employees are expected to treat the company as the be all end all, but are paid essentially minimum wage. It's a disgrace.
Things usually ran very mid-paced unless there was a sale/event. The management was great along with the staff. The hardest part of the job was probably stocking shoes.
  1. Employee reviews