Atlas Growers

Atlas Growers Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
No one knows what’s going on or how to run the place or maybe they don’t care...? Management spends more time in the boardroom than being in the back actually knowing what’s going on for themselves. The majority of management team is built of a bunch of stoners that lucked out by being friends with the CEO so they are passionate about the cannabis but clueless of how to successfully grow consistent solid, pest free, lack of rot product. Master grower doesn’t know what’s going on most of the time. His sidekick isn’t any better, not sure what his purpose is. The lady that seems to be the operations of the back has a under minding scene to her so forget about having your own opinion if it’s not hers. If you know how to kiss behind, you’ll get along with her just fine!

I’m surprised the place is still “running.”

Don’t waste your time or gas for the commute.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Too much to list
Best part is hanging out with the plants all day. Stellar group of workers but management have no clue what they are doin or how to run the team. There’s constant drama and chaos cause no one is there to lead. Don’t expect a raise or benefits
Pros
Coworkers and the weed
Cons
Pay no benefits
I have been with Atlas for over 12 months and was employee number 15. Throughout my time here, I've seen this company more than triple in size.
I also have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest and hardworking minds in the city. The workplace culture can be fast paced and demanding but also extremely rewarding. Management does a great job rewarding those who work hard and is fair with those that do not. Its company is a meritocracy where the best ideas win.

Being at a startup, I've experienced tremendous highs as well as the lows. It really can be a roller coaster and I encourage anyone who joins the Atlas team to be prepared to learn and grow. I have had the opportunity to work on many exciting projects outside the scope of my day to day job that I would not be able to get anywhere else. Being at Atlas fast tracked my work experience and career.
Pros
Growth potential, growth oriented culture, friendly staff, collaborative team, learning opportunities
Cons
Commute
I honestly can't say I've ever enjoyed a job more. I always feel appreciated and that the work I do is valued by the company. It is very easy to get up and go to a job you love with all of your co-workers that you get along with. Definitely proud to be a member of this team.
If you are open to working hard, supporting your coworkers, and seeing the results every day, this is a great place to work. The management is very passionate and it shows in the work that they do and the conversations that they have with their teams. I love coming to work and being challenged to improve my skills and produce the best results.
It's not just exciting being part of such a rapidly growing industry, but also exciting being part of a company that is at the forefront of medical cannabis research and paving the way. The culture is an exciting one, high pressure and collaborative. Great team atmosphere. Innovation is also highly encouraged. Highly recommend being part of this great company!
I’ve been at Atlas for over a year now and can’t describe how much I love my job. The people are awesome and love to work hard while still having some fun. Reggae plays while we take care of plants, and the plants are beautiful, I’ve worked at a few grows and these are the best I’ve ever seen. Management is chill but knows what needs to get done and does hold you accountable. Great Job Overall!

After
Unfortunately this was my dream job. But quickly became my least favorite job I've ever had. The company makes promises to people, especially those with a lot of experience or relavent education, that Atlas is going to do all these great things for them if they join. This includes promotions, running sections, increase in wages, benifits etc. These people drop everything and put everything they have into Atlas, with nothing in return. None of these promises are followed through, and the employee is essentially"stuck" and used.

The management has zero experience managing people. The master grower has never supervised one person, yet now is running the show. The lack of management skills and organization shows.

Bullying, gossip and cliques divide all of the employees, and when brought up to management, nothing is done and it is actually supported because management is too afraid to confront any of their employees.

Save yourself some gas, time, headaches and extreme stress and stay away from this place. The wage is so low many employees have to work multiple jobs to make ends meet. Not with the stress.
In exchange for being overworked and underpaid you will receive zero job security (or loyalty) even after your 3 month probation ends. No matter your position, you can expect a revolving door of employees as this company greedily burns out any human capital unworthy of their schizophrenic culture.

This 'plucky start-up' is more concerned with branding themselves as a medical research compound rather than properly out-fitting a single warehouse to safely produce Cannabis in accordance with Health Canada regulations. Even if you somehow manage to fit in, they will likely not pass their next few inspections. I'm afraid Atlas Growers may never develop adequate respect for their site, product, or employees.

There is no genuine warmth or relation between the corporate office workers (in front) and the warehouse workers (at the back.) One side kicks their feet up and schemes all day while the other side slaves away in hazardous physical and sensory conditions. Stayed the same from my first to last day and I had hoped in vain for change.

Everything is manageable to a point, but the threat of failure is always there. You do not have any rights or privilege unless you have a direct blood relation with the C.E.O or senior staff.

All appearances of professionalism and positivity are merely surface projections. They are crumbling beneath the surface from mismanagement. It's a typical story among similar places trying to capitalize on this industry while remaining legally dubious.

Corporate desires fast profit, minimal investment, and cut corners at any cost. Racial and sexual
 - more...
Pros
'Pizza day', modern facility, brand merch, Apple discount
Cons
Irregular shifts, no formal training, safety hazard, general incompetence