Atlantic Poultry Incorporated
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Atlantic Poultry Incorporated Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
While having guaranteed hours is great, that's about all that is going for this place.
The barns are full of mites! Management doesn't care about it. Bring clothes to change into so you don't give your animals mites!

Want more than one weekend off a month? Forget it Want to work with a bunch of gossip queens that will talk about everyone being their back? This is the job for you!

Seriously, the pay isn't even close to what this job is woth
Pros
working with cute animal's
Cons
very hot in summer, cold in winter. Dust, smell, management, co-workers
This company needs to have Housing available, as this is s 7 day a week, always on call no matter what. Attending to poultry, computers , alarms, feeding, watering, maintenance issues, air quality control and flock mortality. Company don’t treat employees right .
Great place to work; close to home, great salary, comprehensive benefit package and Company Pension.

Employees and Management are easily some of the hardest working people I've met.

The most enjoyable part of my job is recruiting the best possible candidates for the roles we have and seeing them do well; being an integral part of the Team.
If you have nobody in your life it would be a good place to work. One weekend off a month is not enough. Egg gathering management sucks. I do not recommend this job to anyone. One guy quit do to no time with his family. A while later they tried to get him back with $5 more per hour. He said more money will not get him time with his family.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Job is not to hard but management sucks. If you dont mind giving up your life for this job, its great. Boss is his way or no way. Favors half of the workers while the other half gets picked on about the barns. He expects you to be trained in a few day to a week and understand it all by then or he is at the supervisors to push you.
Pros
Nothing anymore
Cons
No weekends! Or one a month. No care for family.
No problems with management and worker staff. Always had schedules set before hand and was able to change around schedules when needed.

Recent wage increases to entry level positions was a great move my them! I’m very happy.

It is a hard job, but farming is hard work.
Pros
Pension, benefits, new and better wages
Cons
Hard work and can be long hours
This place was good until they gave the hatchery manager position to a nasty alcoholic. He hollers and swears at you on a daily basis. The girls are great to work with and know their stuff.
Pros
Scheduled hours
Cons
Ignorant lying Management
work-easy
hardest aspect- coworkers attitudes, strong smells

typical day-flies by if you keep busy

workplace culture-below average, impatient coworkers, grudgey.

hardest aspect-coworkers/management

most enjoyable aspect- the chickens! They're very cute
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
miserable coworkers
Great place to work. People are awesome to work for but it wasn’t a full time job, I’m seeking full time to be able to pay bills and support my family.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Atlantic Poultry Incorporated?
This was a good place to work for a long time. The people are generally good, save a few. Most of the other employees were reliable and trustworthy.

The employment quality had dropped since the company was last purchased, and they chose to demand more than what had been the norm for years from the employees, and begun lowering wages to newcomers compared to what the starting wage was in the past.

Some jobs are flat-out dangerous.

There is little to no room for advancement and automated systems have been lowering the total number of positions.

Things may have changed since the time I left, but other employees I've kept in contact say otherwise.

I would not work here again.
Pros
Good pay, benifits
Cons
Very dirty, takes its toll on your vehicles interior
very hands on place to work they are great people to work for u are required to have experience love u to not own any feathered animals need u to be at all meetings