Atlantic Packaging Products Ltd.

Atlantic Packaging Products Ltd. Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

Scarborough, ON17 reviews
There is not a lot of room for advancing your career on the office side of Atlantic. Most of the employees are Lifers who have not advanced in their job for 10+ years.
Very Stressful, not much guidance in the workforce, very competitive market. The pay is low, months of training but no infield training. The freedom was nice but no structure.
This place is a joke besides from the salary management horrible your job is not safe don't leave your job to work here makes no sense đź‘Ž management is horrible they will back stap u every chance they get ...
Pros
Security .. Salary
Cons
Horrible management .. Un safe work enviorment .. Warehouse is not clean
This is a great company, very busy and a lot of work and challenges but great learning experience. Enjoyed my time here, would recommend. Great work life balance.
Highly productive days. I have learned how to successfully operate many types of machines and equipment. Management struggles to schedule jobs accordingly and bad decisions on die designs for machine runs.
I'm warning people not to quit there present job and work here. Management will just use people on probation and let them go. The cycle will repeat will rehire and release them. Not worth working here 20 min. break/lunch on a 8 hour shift.
Pros
salary
Cons
Management will stab you in the back
whack, waste of time, hire when they need you lay you off when they don't, they have a core crew and care less about labourers, 2 week rotations of mornings, afternoons and overnights, a schedule designed in H-E double hockey stick
It's not for everyone.
-The wage and benefits, job security are good.

-Can be dirty and unsafe environment.

-Manager to employee relationships are not good.

-feels like its company vs union. Managers don't realize a little bit of moral goes hand in hand with productivity and profit. Old school mentality.

-safety can be prematurely enforced. Have to look out for yourself.

- co workers are friendly

- continental shifts rotate quickly harsh on your body and safety.

-dusty
Pros
Security, wages, benefits
Cons
Dirty, dangerous, management
- Management team is lenient with work as there are a lot of projects to be dealt with
- Everyone is friendly and have worked in Atlantic for 10+ years on average

- Great place to progress in your field depending on how willing you are to learn
Pros
lunches are 1 hour long
Family owned and operated. Great management team. Had good benefits and competitive pay. The people were wonderful and the management team were always fair.
great place to work, family oriented. worked around my schedule. management and team were great to work with. loved all the people I worked with, would work there again
Great place to work. Plenty of hours if needed. Amazingly great people that run the shunting part of this company.very understanding and flexible. miss the place
enjoy with my job, we can learned all kind of machinerys and good oppershunity to lerned difirent kind of works,very good co workers,no easy no heardest,very good enjoyable job
Pros
some times
great company that values employee initiative . Very open to suggestions . Opportunities for advancement based on performance
Pros
good opportunity to prove yourself
Cons
salary structure for salaried employees could be a little stronger
My job as most industry work was repetitive.
I learned to work with people, operate machinery and computers.

The hardest part of the job was shutdowns and installing dryer fabrics.

The most enjoyable part of my job, was the people I worked with, they were great people.
I would meet up with the dispatcher at the beginning of the shift to discuss customer pickups & routes. Routine circle check on the truck/ fuel truck. I then plan out the day and make my routine pickups for the day keeping track of the weight, time of arrival and departure, driving time, and any problems on the road and or customer site. After loading up at the end of the day I return to the yard to dump the material.

I learned how to manage my time by distance of travel, customer schedules and familiarized myself with customer practices. The most hardest part of the job is the weather conditions due to the cold. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work independently.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
N/a
This was a focused organization that rarely lost sight of their objective to make money by ensuring employees were respected and engaged . Employees were hard working and fun to be with both on the job and off the job .The management team was knowledgeable , trustworthy , loyal and fun with a real concern for their people . The toughest part of the job was when it was necessary to downsize the organization as a result of business conditions . The HR team dealt with these ocassions respecfully and with empathy .
Pros
great all round organization
Cons
commute from cobourg daily
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atlantic Packaging Products Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6